Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #29
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
There is also the possibility of modifying Vararam to fit the 25mm insulator. Like moving the vararam intake horn up to the manifold intake while the front of the intake still rests on the radiator. That's probably what I'll do if its possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
...I guess you could cut the rear neck into a slant to compensate for the extra height but that also mean the rear neck and the throttle body will not line up straight. ...
Exactly what I was thinking, but couldn't think of a good way to say it lol.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:47 AM   #30
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
I think if someone can come up with a way to make vararam/25mm insulator work it will be match made in heaven. As the runner gets longer, inertia in the column of air will increase the flow at lower rpms, then add that with the velocity of ram air at high speed, I think it will create even more power than used with your conventional intake design. I think I am going to try to mess with the vararam intake a little when I have some time since I already have the 25mm intake and vararam.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:08 PM   #31
Victoryred69

Drives: RS Victory Red/BS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
So mace is shipping out 3 different size out to you to test fit for vararam?

Yeupp, he sent them out i just got to wait for them to arrive.

Im going to do my best to obviously get the 25mm to fit... i have 2 Vararam intakes full units, if i have to manipulate one to see if its going to work so be it. I will give you guys updates as fast as i get on it, i do not think it will be to big of an issue, either way I'm sure no ones Vararam is perfectly aligned, i even have the silicone boost clamps for added rigidity and my Vararam installed as is has not moved since installing it.

Should be interesting!

2010 Camaro 2LT RS M6 VR/BS
Flowmaster AMT Axle Back
Vararam Ram Air Intake
P13 Plazma Bulbs
DT Shorty Headers
Heritage Grill
Blacked-Out Taillights and Side Markers

Victoryred69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:09 PM   #32
Victoryred69

Drives: RS Victory Red/BS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
that'll be interesting to see how that works out with varaam. one of the things i really enjoy about this forum is the ingenuity of the members and the ideas that get kicked around. the best of luck to you and the other varaam owners. once you get your initial temps you mind if i steal em and add em to this post?
Ofcourse no problem im going to be using a Blue Point Temp laser gun, when i do a write up ill let you know !

2010 Camaro 2LT RS M6 VR/BS
Flowmaster AMT Axle Back
Vararam Ram Air Intake
P13 Plazma Bulbs
DT Shorty Headers
Heritage Grill
Blacked-Out Taillights and Side Markers

Victoryred69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #33
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Can't wait to see what you come up with
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #34
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoryred69 View Post
Ofcourse no problem im going to be using a Blue Point Temp laser gun, when i do a write up ill let you know !
sounds great...can't wait to see the comparisons....
Old 12-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #35
SSTREETKING
||||Tuners Impression||||

Drives: Fairlady Z/LLT/LS3
wow.. didn't know mace had this available for the camaro. The z guys had this for a while now. Way to go mace!
SSTREETKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #36
wholloway6

Drives: 2012 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
not to be a dick, but this post is strictly about the results from testing the insulators.
FAIL...
wholloway6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:10 PM   #37
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
So, when you say the original was port matched, did you mean your intake was ported, or to the stock port?
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #38
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
So, will this require a tune? Or is this just install and drive?
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #39
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Very cool! Subscribed!
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:23 PM   #40
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
So, will this require a tune? Or is this just install and drive?
it doesn't require a tune, but im gonna see what extra gains can be had from tweaking the tune, if any. LTFT's still look great so i'd say you should be in the clear, although im not going to be the definitive answer to that. i believe anytime you go changing your stock setup you should perform some type of monitoring. having come from the factory tuned for optimum performance(if you want to call it that) with GM's setup, when you go adding things like CAI and headers, then your changing the dynamics of how its programmed to run. sounds like a job for a non-tuned . i could drop the tune im running now and go back to a stock tune, but with my current mods my numbers would be all over the place and the results would be inaccurate.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:49 PM   #41
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Well I've got a vararam, vmax TB and Mrt2.0. Would I be safe adding some 25mm insulators? If I were to get a dashcommand type engine monitoring going.. Which parameters should I be looking at?
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:55 AM   #42
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
cool stuff
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote