Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #43
ddavis
boostalicious

Drives: Blown Ls3
Thanks guys, glad I could help.

Butters,
Im not sure. When I ordered the kit from TRS they didnt have the option to select the size so they just gave me whichever ones came with the morimoto mini kit. Now it looks like they have options. I might be opening them up soon, if I do I will grab a measurement for you.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #44
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Cool man, thanks. Do you think those halos are brighter than the RS?
Old 05-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #45
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Last time I talked to the guys over at TRS they told me they were going to get some new larger style halo rings. I would probably get the biggest size they make that will fit inside the housing.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #46
SgtPickles69
Team LFX

Drives: Fast
Dude, you did an amazing job. I've been thinking about doing this myself but I haven't had the time to do so. Do you think it will work with these aftermarket headlights?
http://www.spyderauto.com/product.ph...D-LIGHT-Black#
SgtPickles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:48 AM   #47
ddavis
boostalicious

Drives: Blown Ls3
Hmm... not sure if they are brighter then the rs ones, maybe. I never tried a side by side comparison. My car didnt come with the rs package, which is why I went the aftermarket route. I had them tied into my fog light button, so when my fogs was on my halos would be on. Overall Im pretty happy with them.

SGT, I dont have any experience with those housings. From the looks, I would think it should work since it has a similar mount in the back. Post pics if you end up doing it.

Hey Caverman, looks like the biggest halo that their shrouds can fit cleanly is 100mm going off there chart on their site. Do you know what the stock RS sizing is by any chance?

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...#compatibility
Old 05-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #48
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavis View Post
Hey Caverman, looks like the biggest halo that their shrouds can fit cleanly is 100mm going off there chart on their site. Do you know what the stock RS sizing is by any chance?

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...#compatibility
No, I don't know the size but looking at their Halos it looks like there are designing them to go on the shroud. That's a good place to mount them but if you're wanting to go more of an RS look you'll notice that the Halos are actually hidden at the top and bottom. So, if you would want a Halo large enough to actually mount it to the headlight housing and not the shroud. Similar to what AAC's Halos do.

Saying that though, there is no reason that you have to make it look like an RS. I think mounting them on the shroud and having is show the whole Halo is just fine. In that case I would still think you would want the largest one you could get to work inside the housing.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #49
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Saying that though, there is no reason that you have to make it look like an RS. I think mounting them on the shroud and having is show the whole Halo is just fine. In that case I would still think you would want the largest one you could get to work inside the housing.
This. The smaller halos make the car look possessed and is a more fitting look IMO.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #50
greenvillepilot
2fast4you

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Great Job, I did the same thing on my LS....However It got totalled early this month so I was unable to fully enjoy them. I ordered mine from the Retrofit source as well, I painted my reflector and installed AAC halos...I miss my old LS, BUT now I have a 2ss/rs so I will get over it. Here are some pics of my old car.
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #51
Cody2399

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS, 2004 Dodge Ram 150
Hey guys I know this isn't a good place to ask this,but I have a 2012 lt non rs and I can't stand my halogen's I don't think they belong on a camaro... I want halos and the blue headlights but have no idea on going about it could you please help me out here?
Cody2399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #52
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody2399 View Post
Hey guys I know this isn't a good place to ask this,but I have a 2012 lt non rs and I can't stand my halogen's I don't think they belong on a camaro... I want halos and the blue headlights but have no idea on going about it could you please help me out here?
Why do you want blue headlights?? You do realize you won't be able to see anything at night with them right?? You want to do a HID retrofit like this thread is about. You will get the annoying blue headlights and quality lighting so you can see. Don't just get HIDs and install them. You will mess up your car.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #53
Cody2399

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS, 2004 Dodge Ram 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
Why do you want blue headlights?? You do realize you won't be able to see anything at night with them right?? You want to do a HID retrofit like this thread is about. You will get the annoying blue headlights and quality lighting so you can see. Don't just get HIDs and install them. You will mess up your car.
I worded that wrong mate, what i basically want is the RS lights. Im just trying to go about finding the ways to do it
Cody2399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #54
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Search non RS hid retrofit. A walk through was made a while back. So you can make your own the same way the OP did.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #55
tankbust3r66

Drives: Ashen Grey LT1
Any luck on getting that video up, I'm looking to convert mine over to HID's and don't want to blind everyone. Seems straight forward just looking for a little guidance. Thanks
tankbust3r66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #56
tankbust3r66

Drives: Ashen Grey LT1
Sorry, I don't know why my post went here...
tankbust3r66 is offline   Reply With Quote