Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-21-2009, 02:44 PM   #15
chappy48

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Fast4U2010 View Post
Thanks again guys, great info, and allot of help.

Has anyone bought from JBA? Business must be good, they have not returned my
e-mails.
I've heard bad things with that company. Any company worth it's salt should return emails within a day.
TVS2300 Supercharger w/Maggie Max Stage 2, 3.6 Pulley, Innovators West 8 rib conversion, OD rear Cog belt drive.
Jannetty Racing Rough Idle Cam, LS3 Conversion.
Jannetty Racing built 6l80e Trans, Jannetty Racing Custom Converter, Built rear diff w/ 3.45 gears, DSS driveshaft and 1400 hp axles.
ADM Twin Pump Fuel System, ADM CAI, Dynatech 1 7/8" Coated Headers, Borla "S" Catback.
Custom 18" Forgestar F14's, Nitto 305/45-18 DR's
chappy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:45 PM   #16
chappy48

Quote:
Originally Posted by oachalon View Post
i am interested in long tube headers as long as i can run cats, not throw any codes, and pass ohio echeck when the time comes.
Your best bet might be shorties. With my dynatech longtube headers and high flow cats, you have to disable the rear o2 sensor or it'll throw a code.

Or...you could just get longtube headers, keep your stock stuff when it comes time for inspection, and then when you're done re-install the longtubes.
TVS2300 Supercharger w/Maggie Max Stage 2, 3.6 Pulley, Innovators West 8 rib conversion, OD rear Cog belt drive.
Jannetty Racing built 6l80e Trans, Jannetty Racing Custom Converter, Built rear diff w/ 3.45 gears, DSS driveshaft and 1400 hp axles.
ADM Twin Pump Fuel System, ADM CAI, Dynatech 1 7/8" Coated Headers, Borla "S" Catback.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:50 PM   #17
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by full of days View Post
I just installed a set of longtube Dynatech Supermaxx with catted midpipe and MBRP exhaust and the sound is glorious. Just get a big roll of dynamat for the boot as it's so much louder and a bit more vibration than stock. I've been thinking about taking off all the stock heat shield junk that rattles on the tub and replacing with thermotec heat shield. My tag even rattles from 1200-1600 rpms in first-second gear. :-D

Vid will be up on wednesday when I get her tuned

Waiting to hear this one. I like MBRP and want to hear it with headers.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:52 PM   #18
2010 4 DW
Account Suspended

Drives: White 2010 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Fast4U2010 View Post
Thanks again guys, great info, and allot of help.

Has anyone bought from JBA? Business must be good, they have not returned my
e-mails.
I purchased JBA headers and they are very nice. I worked with a guy named Alex over there and the e-mail address was jba@pertronix.com

DW
2010 4 DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #19
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
Quote:
Originally Posted by khislop007 View Post
I have the ARH with high flow cats and 3" x-pipe. IMO and others, they are the best out there! I have mine coupled with the s-type Borla exhaust! Everything is stainless and no ground clearance issues what so ever.

This is the best sounding set up out there IMO... I'm doing the same set up except I have Borla's S-type cat-back system with their 2.5 X-pipe, shouldn't be that much of a difference in sound I wouldn't think... How long did it take to throw a code, if it did at all? Dude that sounds sick
Can't wait to get mine done... If you get a chance make a vid of a "hard" take off/driveby... Like this
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. '17 1LE replica 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods: ECS BigBlower Cam: Fast 102mm intake: Brian Tooley racing dual spring kit: TFS pushrod set: Katech C5R timing chain: Mellings high volume oil pump: ATI Balancer: Ideal performance upgraded clutch master cylinder:Tick performance upgraded slave cylinder/throwout bearing: Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch & light weight flywheel: Tuned by Doug Ring at ECS. 475RWHP/445RWTQ.Dynapack Dyno.

Last edited by MrGazinya; 12-21-2009 at 04:58 PM.
MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:17 PM   #20
SSchase

Drives: 2010 camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
I have AR Long Tubes with Flow thru cats. Hasn't effect ground clearance at all....I didn't measure but I have 3500 miles on mine and haven't scraped yet and I have a lower level parking garage that some of my other cars scrape on.

I will tell you....Before I put the blower on ( I had to wait for chrome blower to be released) I had the dealer install AR Long Tubes with Flow thru Cats and Corsa exhaust and My personal opinion is it is the nastiest sounding exhaust I have heard in my 30 years of Hot Rodding.

Not only That it wakes that LS3 Right up. Huge diference in throttle response and all out performance.

As far as price goes I am sure I got stung because I had an early build Camaro and jumped on ship when availability was low.

Only took 4 hours to install complete exhaust including headers and cats.

I absolutely love the sound. But be warned....In a small town, Its hard to not let everbody for miles know when you jump on it.

My dealer is 40 miles from my house and I didn't make it all the way home before getting pulled over.

I got off....It was my bad, I got on it just outside of another really small town.

Just My opinion But I think It's the best mod for the buck when it comes to performance and Coooolability.

Again ...just my opinion

I have another 2010 with just cat back Corsa and I think that is a waste of money. Can't even hardly tell the difference between stock.

Definately Long Tubes and Flow thu's but as far as the Borla VS Corsa etc.

To each his own. I think it comes down to personal preference. It is just what trips your trigger as far as sound goes. But LT's and Cats....
how loud is it at idle and just crusing around with the AR headers with the corsa? i have the corsa catback and its very mellow low down but at wot its loud. also do the ARH bolt right up to the corsa exhaust? ill just change the headers out to stock when smog rolls around.

Last edited by SSchase; 12-21-2009 at 08:56 PM.
SSchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:40 PM   #21
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGazinya View Post
This is the best sounding set up out there IMO... I'm doing the same set up except I have Borla's S-type cat-back system with their 2.5 X-pipe, shouldn't be that much of a difference in sound I wouldn't think... How long did it take to throw a code, if it did at all? Dude that sounds sick
Can't wait to get mine done... If you get a chance make a vid of a "hard" take off/driveby... Like this
It only took like 50 miles for it to throw codes Tomorrow I'm getting it serviced, so I'll get them to clear it and see if it stays off.

I'll try to do a fly by sometime within the next week, hopefully the rain goes away.

Thx too!
Old 12-21-2009, 09:46 PM   #22
chappy48

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSchase View Post
how loud is it at idle and just crusing around with the AR headers with the corsa? i have the corsa catback and its very mellow low down but at wot its loud. also do the ARH bolt right up to the corsa exhaust? ill just change the headers out to stock when smog rolls around.
My buddy has Corsa with longtubes and it's LOUD!! Just cruising along it's ok, but if you accelerate at all, it's loud, even partial throttle. Can't comment on idle because he has a cam which makes it louder.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JANNETTY.../0/W37yzzm5E_E

This is a video of his vs mine. The only difference is his cam and our catback exhausts. We both have Dynatech headers with high flow cats. I have the Borla "S" catback and he has corsa. His sounds much louder. Mine isn't quite that quiet anymore since I've broken in the headers a little bit, but it's still nowhere near as loud as his idle.

ps. you can only really hear mine if you have a subwoofer since most of the noise is on the low end.

Edit: Here's a better quality video of just his car.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JANNETTY.../2/WB1PfQOAgz8
Old 12-21-2009, 11:24 PM   #23
lakersftbl69

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
i just did 1 3/4" kooks headers w/ corsa exhaust and cai. i still got to get it tuned though to get rid of the chk engine light and believe me it sounds amazing.
lakersftbl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:22 AM   #24
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by oachalon View Post
i am interested in long tube headers as long as i can run cats, not throw any codes, and pass ohio echeck when the time comes.
Stainless Works. Call'em. I have their entire system and my CEL light turned ITSELF OFF. It came on. I reset it. It came back on waaaay later...and it turned itself back off in two days. It's been off every since. Others with the same system have had the same experience. They get a code after a while, but it turns itself off. Worst case scenario, you just reset the light when you need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khislop007 View Post
It only took like 50 miles for it to throw codes Tomorrow I'm getting it serviced, so I'll get them to clear it and see if it stays off.

I'll try to do a fly by sometime within the next week, hopefully the rain goes away.

Thx too!
GIVE IT TIME TO LEARN. Some exhausts are different. Some will always throw codes and some will learn quickly. All depends on the location of the O2 sensors and how much air if flying by them...and temp, etc.

My car learned my headers. No more light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersftbl69 View Post
i just did 1 3/4" kooks headers w/ corsa exhaust and cai. i still got to get it tuned though to get rid of the chk engine light and believe me it sounds amazing.
You are going to get it tuned just to get rid of the check engine light? Hope you don't run into any power train issues down the way...BIG bucks to be spent all because of a little old light. Tune it after the warranty expires. For now, live with teh light or reset it.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:11 PM   #25
Bentley78
Rice Cooker

Drives: Avalanche Z/71, 2010 Camaro2SS
Can anyone provide a before and after with Long Tubes installed then a tune later?

I really want ARH but am a little to scared to get it tuned right now. Is it not worth getting headers unless i have a tune to go along with it? A big differance in power with a tune?

Hopefully this will help some people on this thread as well.
Bentley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:23 PM   #26
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley78 View Post
Can anyone provide a before and after with Long Tubes installed then a tune later?

I really want ARH but am a little to scared to get it tuned right now. Is it not worth getting headers unless i have a tune to go along with it? A big differance in power with a tune?

Hopefully this will help some people on this thread as well.
The combination of LT and Tune is not a super big deal. You will get good HP gains doing each individually too. Of couse tuning is the optimal situation, but I wouldn't hesitate to just put Headers on w/o tune. Just geta Diablo handheld to reset the O2 codes. If you have an Auto L99 then you may want to give tune some extra consideration due to AFM.

Also talk with your dealership about it... they may not have problems with you simply tuning out the O2 codes.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:30 PM   #27
Bentley78
Rice Cooker

Drives: Avalanche Z/71, 2010 Camaro2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
The combination of LT and Tune is not a super big deal. You will get good HP gains doing each individually too. Of couse tuning is the optimal situation, but I wouldn't hesitate to just put Headers on w/o tune. Just geta Diablo handheld to reset the O2 codes. If you have an Auto L99 then you may want to give tune some extra consideration due to AFM.

Also talk with your dealership about it... they may not have problems with you simply tuning out the O2 codes.
Hmmm interesting, didnt really think abou that. I can get the diablosport now just to tune out the 02 code and dont have to tune now if i dont want to. Thats a good idea.

Im just really hoping to see good gains from the headers alone if im going to spend the money on it without commiting to a tune yet.
Bentley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:32 PM   #28
full of days

Drives: Camaro GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post

Waiting to hear this one. I like MBRP and want to hear it with headers.

I'll get some vids up tonight pre tune with my droid cameraphone and will use an HD flipcam in the morning when I take her to get tuned. The sound is like music to my ears. In the parking garage I work at, it sounds gnarly when I crank her up... I actually have gotten into the habit of leaving the door open to crank it cause it puts this $h*t eating grin on my face every time. Women and children run for cover...
full of days is offline   Reply With Quote