Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #15
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
USB/iPod support is a known issue and there is no fix. iPod support varies from model to model. There is a sticky somewhere which lists which ones work and which don't (or don't work properly).

The recognition issue (or lack of recognition) is typically the result of leaving the source set to USB when shutting off the car/radio. Simply change to a different source before shutting it off.

At least that is what works for me. I have the USB recognition issue with both my 2013 MyLink AND the Alpine in my DD. The same work around solves the problem in both cars.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #16
Kastuder

Drives: 2013 2LT Camaro
I have 745 songs on my iPhone but MyLink shows 3086. It has from 1-6 copies of each song that is on my phone. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so, is there a way to fix it?
Kastuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #17
Ambush
Rawr!

Drives: Giulia Quadrifoglio, C8 Stingray
One minor Mylink problem:

sometimes when I change the volume of the music on sirius xm, the channel changes instead.

Very strange...

Retired:
2018 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
2014 Crystal Red Camaro RS
Ambush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #18
JimE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastuder View Post
I have 745 songs on my iPhone but MyLink shows 3086. It has from 1-6 copies of each song that is on my phone. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so, is there a way to fix it?
I don't recall the specifics, but I read somewhere of a similar issue with an iPod. The user renamed the iPod (iTunes allows you to name each device), MyLink saw it as a new device and then indexed with the correct number of songs.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #19
JimE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush View Post

sometimes when I change the volume of the music on sirius xm, the channel changes instead.

Very strange...
Using what (the volume knob or the steering wheel controls)?
Old 10-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #20
Ambush
Rawr!

Drives: Giulia Quadrifoglio, C8 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
Using what (the volume knob or the steering wheel controls)?

i use the volume knob :x

Retired:
2018 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
2014 Crystal Red Camaro RS
Ambush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:41 PM   #21
KSMYSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush View Post

Very strange...
Mine does the same thing.. except mainly when I'm changing songs playing on my phone. But I'm changing the song through the steering wheel controls.

Also, when I use the navigation and I'm playing music, the music will turn down automatically so I may hear the directions, but then its like I can't hear the lady talking.it's weird.

KSMYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #22
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hello everyone!

If you are experiencing issues with your Infotainment system, you may contact our Infotainment team at 855-478-7767. The hours of operation are 8:00am to 10:00pm EST, and they are open seven days a week. They would be happy to assist! If further assistance is needed and dealership appointments are needing to be made, please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, vehicle mileage, and name of preferred dealership. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #23
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
I have also had an issue here lately with mine not recognizing my phone. What is weird though is, it worked fine with my iPhone 4, but I just got the iPhone 5s and that is when are started having the issues.

Last edited by SlowSS; 10-11-2013 at 09:48 AM.
SlowSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #24
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello everyone!

If you are experiencing issues with your Infotainment system, you may contact our Infotainment team at 855-478-7767. The hours of operation are 8:00am to 10:00pm EST, and they are open seven days a week. They would be happy to assist! If further assistance is needed and dealership appointments are needing to be made, please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, vehicle mileage, and name of preferred dealership. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
For what? They are completely useless! My issues have been documented for months and there is still no fix.

I’ve been a big supporter of the GM customer care reps on these boards, but I am sick of the robotic replies when it comes to mylink. Stop telling us to call when obviously nothing is being done to correct the issues!

You want to help us, try calling them and asking them why a fix is not yet released and when it will be and give us the details!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #25
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
I also noticed that you can't type in lowercase when saving an address, but if you look up a location through the POI's - it populates the name in lower case.

Not really an issue, just something I noticed - it's in the case category as my oil pressure being displayed in Bar units.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #26
Kastuder

Drives: 2013 2LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
I don't recall the specifics, but I read somewhere of a similar issue with an iPod. The user renamed the iPod (iTunes allows you to name each device), MyLink saw it as a new device and then indexed with the correct number of songs.
Thanks for the info. I tried it and it didn't work. I even tried unpairing, setting back to factory settings, waiting several hours and repairing. I upgraded this system when I bought the car. I suppose I'm stuck listening to the radio because I don't want to listen to one song 5-6 times before the next song.
Kastuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:55 AM   #27
JimE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastuder View Post
Thanks for the info. I tried it and it didn't work. I even tried unpairing, setting back to factory settings, waiting several hours and repairing. I upgraded this system when I bought the car. I suppose I'm stuck listening to the radio because I don't want to listen to one song 5-6 times before the next song.
Another possible solution (taken from another topic):

The Mylink system in my 2013 Malibu was showing me up to 5 duplicates of each song, what i did was connect my ipod to my computer and completely delete ALL songs, then reconnect it to the car to let it tell me "no files found". Then re-sync all music back to the device. havent had a problem since. I know its not a Camaro but i thought i could lend some assistance.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:35 AM   #28
MrFreeman

Drives: a
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
I have a '13 ZL1 with MyLink and its doing something really annoying. Every time I turn the radio on the screen shows a black window that says "navigation initializing" for about 10 seconds. Then it goes to the navigation menu even though I didn't tell it to.

This happens every time I start the radio and its really annoying. I don't want it going to any navigation stuff unless I tell it to. I took it to the dealer and they were scratching their heads but couldn't find a solution. So they're going to contact GM tech support to see what the remedy is.

I'm hoping someone in this forum can throw me a lifeline as to what needs to be done. Is this a software fix or a radio replacement situation?
I can't promise this will help but I had two issues with the MyLink on my 2013 2LT. One was the entire right side buttons stopped working...pulled the fuse and that corrected the issue. The other was it did the same thing with the navigation but the most annoying thing was when I would shift from park to reverse or reverse to drive it would take me back to the home screen instead of the now playing screen. The dealer did an update and that corrected it. So perhaps there's one they can apply...
MrFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote