Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #15
MrFreeman

Drives: a
Just to provide an update. I took it in Tuesday...got it back last Thursday. They "adjusted the baffles". It seems to be an improvement. I haven't heard the rattle yet while driving or anything of that nature. I do still notice it on startup but I guess I'll give it time and see what happens. I'm not exactly completely happy with it but I'm not to the point where I'm willing to go through the hassle of getting it completely fixed (which allegedly is replace the whole exhaust). So I'll give it a month or two. I appreciate everyone's thoughts...I'm still open to any suggestions if anyone wants to throw them out there.
MrFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #16
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFreeman View Post
That's a pretty awesome fix. Never thought it'd be that simple
LOL.. but there are much cheaper options.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #17
MrFreeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
LOL.. but there are much cheaper options.
Ha yeah. I'm honestly going the cheap route here. Well I'm not even sure I'd consider it that. It's just making them fix a product I paid extra for. If I had the money I'd probably make them fix it and then switch out the exhaust if I wanted too...just out of principle

So on a different note. Another update. I took it back because shocker it's still doing it (expected that at least some of the time) but it's just at slightly different times. They ordered the part and I'm taking it in Monday to have it swapped out. They did say though that if this didn't fix it they were going to consider it normal. On one hand I get that but on another hand there's just absolutely no way you can hear an audible rattle from an exhaust system and say that's normal. So in either case I'll wait and see. Who knows...maybe I'll see if the sales people are there when I take it in and find a V6 with the NPP and see if I hear it then. Hopefully this fixes it though.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #18
MrFreeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinesos View Post
It confirms our thoughts that something was wrong with the exhaust.
Yeah I'm just hoping this will fix it...I'm a bit tired of this process. Luckily I'm off work (burning some vacation time).

Unfortunately the dealership hasn't exactly been easy to deal with throughout this process. When I initially took it in it was an 6 hour wait. Yeah...just so they could reprogram the radio (separate issue) and to eventually tell me they need to hear back from GM and to come back. After that I was convinced they were going to just ignore the issue (just because they kept saying "it's normal")...I think the only thing that saved me was I took their really expensive diagnostic unit back to them (allegedly it's $3500 and they left it in my passenger seat...note said dealership is about 40 minutes away from me). If it weren't for that I think they would have just kept pushing it as normal. When I took it back to them a second time to "reprogram the baffles" (this was after they heard back from GM) it was 4 hours before I finally asked them if they could give me a rental. They did (thankfully) and then two days later I got my car back. I was then told to see if that did anything and if it wasn't solved then the next step was to replace the exhaust. So waited about 3 weeks (time frame might be slightly messed up here as my track of time sucks...still heard it. Called them to ask them to order the part and when I could bring it in. I was told I had to bring it back in so they could look at it again. Doesn't make any sense considering they know the issue but whatever I'm trying to be very patient with them (maybe it's just the time of year where I'm way more forgiving than normal). I get there...talk to the service advisor who said they needed to do a road test blah blah (I assume it was just reciting the normal statements). I saw the shop foreman and he remembered the car (thankfully) and said "Well why didn't you just call we could have ordered the part instead of you coming all the way out here". /facepalm. I tried that but I was told I had to bring it back in..."Oh sorry about that". I have no issues with any of them on a professional level (They were courteous at least). I'm assuming it's just the overall mentality that they're told to have but it's frustrating. Especially considering the hoops that needs to be jumped through just to get a factory item that costs extra fixed.

So short story of all of that if anyone knows of any good Chevy dealerships in/around the Baltimore, MD area I'd love to hear about them and I'll be sure to post back when I get the part replaced.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #19
MrFreeman

For those that were following. This experience with the dealer was a lot more smoother. They had me in and out in about an hour and a half. They replaced the exhaust and guess what...no more rattle. So at this point I'm a happy camper (finally).

Thanks for all the advice everyone provided. It was good knowing I wasn't going crazy.