Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
Pain505

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 1LS
Need Legal Advice Regarding Ticket

Ok guys, this is my second ticket in 4 months of owning my car. Im 21 and i just cant layoff the accelerator. In january i got a ticket for careless driving. Here is a link to that thread. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189835. So around the middle of february i got pulled over again, i went to court for it already, plead not guilty and the judge advised me i should get in touch with the officer that issued the ticket. Question is, how do i get ahold of this officer? Also if i get in touch with him, what do i tell him because i dont want to bribe the officer but i do want his assistance. I would like for the officer to drop it or lower it somehow. How can i ask this? Any help from any Law Enforcement Officers or anyone that has been in this situation before would be greatly appreciated. Its just i dont want to be convicted or anything and lose my job. I am a used car salesman so i kinda need a license to work here. Thanks.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
you shouldn't lose your license after 2 tickets...

edit: nevermind, read your other thread. sounds to me, you're screwed. unless you can take a drivers course to reduce or eliminate a ticket.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
Pain505

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
you shouldn't lose your license after 2 tickets...

edit: nevermind, read your other thread. sounds to me, you're screwed. unless you can take a drivers course to reduce or eliminate a ticket.
I went to drivers improvement class already for the first ticket. If they find out i went to that i think they will punish me even more.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #4
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Old 03-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #5
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
I'm by way no expert here...but, once the officer files the ticket, I'm not sure he can drop it. The case would be the jurisdiction issued vs. you. Hate to sound harsh, but if you don't wanna be convicted, STOP FLOORING IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!! I know you're 21, and feel fearless as Superman...maybe you should be convicted (points, higher insurance, etc.). That'll teach you a good lesson. If you're let off, you'll just do it again, and again, and again....and make more threads about "How Can I Get Outta This Ticket". Man up!
Old 03-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #6
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
2 tickets in a short time is gonna hurt. Not sure of any great advice to give you on it...maybe someone can.

Only thing I can think of is to talk to a lawyer that does this sort of thing.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #7
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain505 View Post
I went to drivers improvement class already for the first ticket. If they find out i went to that i think they will punish me even more.
ok, so what did the first ticket reduce to?
Old 03-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #8
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
Make a left at Albuquerque ,then ask bugs bunny ,he will tell you that you have to decide in life ,is speeding worth my lic ,that puts food on your table
Slow down young man ( in life ) speed limits are just 1
Wantconvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #9
Pain505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangore View Post
2 tickets in a short time is gonna hurt. Not sure of any great advice to give you on it...maybe someone can.

Only thing I can think of is to talk to a lawyer that does this sort of thing.

yeah i think im gonna need to do

Quote:
ok, so what did the first ticket reduce to?
They dropped it all as long as i went to school and paid $200 in fees
Old 03-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #10
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Old 03-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #11
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain505 View Post

They dropped it all as long as i went to school and paid $200 in fees
so they dropped the 12pt careless driving ticket? how many points are they docking you for the one in february? how fast were you going and what was the posted limit?
Old 03-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #12
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
The first one got dropped...so no points on your record for it? If so, you have a bit of a break there.

For the first one was there any condition such as: no other tickets for x number of days/weeks/months? If not then they can't bring it back with the second ticket. If so...then they will hit you with both now.

Get a lawyer...pay lots of money, and slow the F down from now on. If you can't then you can't own the car...it's obviously too much for you.

Good luck.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #13
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Given the circumstances, I would consult a lawyer who specializes in traffic related offenses. May cost you a couple of hundred bucks but they will work to find the best solution for you given your situation.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #14
Pain505

Quote:
so they dropped the 12pt careless driving ticket? how many points are they docking you for the one in february? how fast were you going and what was the posted limit?
Yes they dropped the 12 pt ticket. Not sure. They did not say, but i was not speeding. On the ticket it says exhibition driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangore View Post
The first one got dropped...so no points on your record for it? If so, you have a bit of a break there.

For the first one was there any condition such as: no other tickets for x number of days/weeks/months? If not then they can't bring it back with the second ticket. If so...then they will hit you with both now.

Get a lawyer...pay lots of money, and slow the F down from now on. If you can't then you can't own the car...it's obviously too much for you.

Good luck.
Yes for 90 days from when i got the first one i cannot get any tickets they said but then i got this current one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
Given the circumstances, I would consult a lawyer who specializes in traffic related offenses. May cost you a couple of hundred bucks but they will work to find the best solution for you given your situation.
I may have to get one now