Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-20-2024, 08:13 AM   #183
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll_jeph View Post
Two posts in one day! I also attended the Beijing Auto Expo yesterday... please don't be angry but a representative from Ford send me a free ticket.

The exhibition center is about 15 minute bike ride from my new house, it was across the street from my old house, but at least I didn't have to fight for a parking spot or some people travel from all over China just to see the show.

I have been chatting with a Ford representative for a few months regarding the Dark Horse. My Camaro is getting up there in age and the only car sold in China that I am remotely interested in is the Mustang.

So to get me to become more interested the car she invited me to the exhibition. I would have gone anyway, but it was nice to get a free ticket. While I was there they also treated me to a coffee and snack in the VIP section of the Ford booth. I had a great conversation with them and also learned a lot about the China edition of the Dark Horse.

Here are some interesting facts- due to the Chinese environmental department being more strict that the US, the 5.0L has been detuned. Not sure of the HP but the 0-60 time is around 4 seconds, but it's around 3.7 for the US version.

Only 200 Mustang Dark Horses will be imported into China and will all be the same- automatic transmission, blue Brembo calipers and non-carbon fiber wheels, so I think its just the basic Dark Horse with no options.

The price is around 700,000RMB or as of today comes to about $96,673 USD

I tried to configure it on the US website and it looks like it would be about $65,805 USD for the version they are selling in China. In the US it would cost about $866/ mo and the sales rep told me that if I were to put down a 20,000RMB ($2,762) down payment, there would be no interest for a few years and the monthly payments would be about 12,000/mo ($1657/mo), for 5 years, with options to pay off early. Which, to my current working situation, wouldn't be too difficult for me.

The downside would be I'd be a Mustang owner, and the cost of insurance and gas would go up.

The positive would be finally having a V8 of my own and being able to own 1 of 200 Dark Horses in China...

That being said, I only know of a handful of Silver Camaros in China, so there are probably even less of my Camaro than the Dark Horse.

Anyway, my wife doesn't let me spend $20 on the Lego Mustang Dark Horse, so I doubt she'll let me get a new car that would cost more in every way.

Thanks for reading and here is the video I made from yesterday. Most of the other cars in the exhibition were electric SUVs with gaudy lights and features to take the fun out of driving...

https://www.dongchedi.com/ugc/articl...ation_backflow
if you are staying in China for the duration(which I think you are)...might be a fun car to have and enjoy, then pass it along to a collector when you want something new!
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:34 AM   #184
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt O View Post
Very cool to see the car culture over there, how they, as well as here, are looking at the future with EVs and the place gas powered vehicles will hold in coming generations. There will always be "car people" but most young people see them as utilitarian and not enjoyment...seems to be the same there. Thanks for sharing Jeph!
Thank you for sharing your take-away from watching the video, I alway appreciate hearing from you!

... And in 5 weeks my wife and I will be back in Michigan for the summer
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote