Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 10-21-2010, 07:31 PM   #1
Jeddler

Drives: 2010 Red 2SS RS A6
Thank you Sweaver and Andy@Livernois Motorsports!

Edit: Sweaver is taking care of everything. Thank you Sweaver and Andy@Livernois Motorsports for helping ease my frustration lol

I was a little stressed when everything happened last week but now its all good.

2010 RED 2SS/RS A6: SOLD!!!:(
2011 WHITE Silverado crew cab Z71 LTZ, 6.2L: SOLD!!!

Last edited by Jeddler; 10-24-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Jeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I give you credit for having the Huevos to buy a used Super Charger. I never would!
Old 10-21-2010, 07:38 PM   #3
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Did you ask what was taking them so long to ship and what was their response when you brought it to their attention that some items appeared missing? Maybe it was a packaging oversight or something silly. I'm with you, I'd be pissed, but with Livernois being involed I think its safe to say that it was something stupid that happened and I would gurantee that they will take care of you. Crap does happen, even to the gd guys and it does suck when you are on the other end, but they'll make it right. Hang in there.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:41 PM   #4
Jeddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
I give you credit for having the Huevos to buy a used Super Charger. I never would!
The main reason why I bought it was because it was going to be handled by a reputable company and because it only has about 2000 miles on it.

Jed

Old 10-21-2010, 07:54 PM   #5
Jeddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Did you ask what was taking them so long to ship and what was their response when you brought it to their attention that some items appeared missing? Maybe it was a packaging oversight or something silly. I'm with you, I'd be pissed, but with Livernois being involed I think its safe to say that it was something stupid that happened and I would gurantee that they will take care of you. Crap does happen, even to the gd guys and it does suck when you are on the other end, but they'll make it right. Hang in there.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes I asked Andy(shop supervisor at Livernois) what was taking so long and he said that they were still taking the kit off of the car. I asked him again a week after he was suposed to ship it the first time and he said that they had put the wrong address(they suposedely put 8000 instead of 800) so the supercharger was shipped back to them.

2. I sent Andy a pm first to let him know that he forgot to send the extra items that Sweaver had said would be included for the price we agreed on. He responded to this pm but he logged off right after I sent the pm about the missing parts of the kit (I also sent him a pm letting him know that I was going to start this thread and that I would edit it if and when everything was taken care of).

I would think that when any shop that installs magnachargers would know what was suposed to be included in the kit and that they would package and lable all of the pieces and not just throw them in a box with packing material.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:01 PM   #6
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeddler View Post
To answer your questions:

1. Yes I asked Andy(shop supervisor at Livernois) what was taking so long and he said that they were still taking the kit off of the car. I asked him again a week after he was suposed to ship it the first time and he said that they had put the wrong address(they suposedely put 8000 instead of 800) so the supercharger was shipped back to them.

2. I sent Andy a pm first to let him know that he forgot to send the extra items that Sweaver had said would be included for the price we agreed on. He responded to this pm but he logged off right after I sent the pm about the missing parts of the kit.

I would think that when any shop that installs magnachargers would know what was suposed to be included in the kit and that they would package and lable all of the pieces and not just throw them in a box with packing material.
I really sorry for the headache you have. I know that it does suck and I agree with all you've said. I'll never delt with Livernois personally, I've just heard gd things from members here. I don't want to make excuses for anyone but shit does happen. It sucks but hopefully you can get to a resolution and get what you have already paid for and get your car on the road. Gd luck.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
They do quality work, but have several techs working on several cars at a time. Big well equipped shop so I assume it was only one that slipped up and I expect they will make it right. Andy has his hands MORE than full,( I can't get a return PM from him in app 2 weeks) he runs the entire shop and has a huge work load.

Be civil and work with them and I'm willing to bet they will make it right.

I used to have 15 bays, 7 lifts, enclosed climate controlled sound proofed dyno, etc. and the biggest issue was watching every move of every tech. I could not keep quality at the level I expected so now am a fraction of the size and only do the projects I choose.

The parts your missing are pretty easy to replace so work with them.

Hope all turns out well, they are a good shop.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:45 PM   #8
Jeddler

The parts may be easy to replace but I shouldn't be the one to have to replace them. I know they are a good shop and that Andy is very busy but in my opinion whoever was responsible for putting the blower kit in the box should be fired. The only thing that was done right was that the heat exchanger was wrapped in cardboard, everything else was just thrown in there amoungst packing paper.

Jed

Old 10-22-2010, 07:53 AM   #9
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
I can see your frustration .. I'd get on the phone and talk to someone .. I'm willing to be they will make this right for you .. they are a big shop with a great reputation ..

Crowley
Old 10-22-2010, 08:00 AM   #10
Chris@Livernois

Jed,

I apologize that parts were missing from the kit. Andy was working with the guys in the shop about getting the kit and I will have him respond in this thread asap. If you would rather speak by phone, please pm me with a phone number we can contact you at.

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports
Chris@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:01 AM   #11
robsls3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1SS
Honestly who ever you bought this from should also be stepping in to help get this resolved. He is the one who should have made sure also everything was in the box and shipped correctly.
robsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:50 AM   #12
Andy@Livernois

Drives: 1987 Buick Regal Turbo-T
I wanted to update everyone in the thread, I spoke with Jed on this matter this morning. There are some variences that we do on installs compared to the standard way magnacharger does them. We do not use the extension harnesses normally supplied and hardwire the extensions ourselves for a better connection, the bolts and pulley would simply be an oversight, and can be handled. However, some of the additional parts listed were unknown to me that they were included, I am awaiting conformation from the actual seller of these parts as we were instructed to uninstall and ship the supercharger. As far as responding, we close at 6pm EST and your messages were sent last night an hour or more after we closed and I had literally walked through the door at the same moment you called this AM, so I hadn't even had a chance to read the PM's you sent from last night.
Andy@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:55 AM   #13
Jeddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy@Livernois View Post
I wanted to update everyone in the thread, I spoke with Jed on this matter this morning. There are some variences that we do on installs compared to the standard way magnacharger does them. We do not use the extension harnesses normally supplied and hardwire the extensions ourselves for a better connection, the bolts and pulley would simply be an oversight, and can be handled. However, some of the additional parts listed were unknown to me that they were included, I am awaiting conformation from the actual seller of these parts as we were instructed to uninstall and ship the supercharger. As far as responding, we close at 6pm EST and your messages were sent last night an hour or more after we closed and I had literally walked through the door at the same moment you called this AM, so I hadn't even had a chance to read the PM's you sent from last night.
Thank you Andy, I feel alot better about this whole deal after speaking with you. Hopefully I will hear from Sweaver some time today. I'm sure part of it was that Sweaver didn't think about the other things that ya'll do when installing the kit when he listed it for sale. I will edit this thread after I get home from work.

Jed

Old 10-24-2010, 01:43 PM   #14
sweaver

Drives: 10' CAMARO SS2 LIVERNOIS BUILT
Whhoa Jed, Whatever you need call me and you got it!
And for the record this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH lIVERNOIS This was my deal, I've been out of town working, All you had to do was call me Jed! I'm not on here very often, Just do me a favor and put my name everywhere you typed Livernois, The only part they had to do with this, was the shipping and that was a favor for me, This was a used kit and you saved thousands of dollars by buying used, But whatever you need call me and i'll take care of it!
L99 11.02 ET 125 TS
sweaver is offline   Reply With Quote