Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-19-2011, 10:04 PM   #519
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
OK OK OK , I had Little League Concession Stand Duty, Yeah Me, It sucked, But I have my car, Yeah ME.

Here are a few pictures of the good. And yes I took the long way home, LOL

Later I will tell you the Pros and Cons of the Aftermarket Dovetail Spoiler, but 4:00 am comes quite early, LOL and that ain't really funny.
Attached Images

Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:37 AM   #520
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

OK Here is the low down on the spoiler the Pros and cons as I see it.

Pros- I like the look, makes the rear seem more finished to me and makes the wide rear look more even if you will.

There is no difference in vision from the rear - what I mean is when you look out the rear view mirror it does not change your view.

All in all I really like the looks of this spoiler.

Cons - The main issue with this spoiler is that there is no water relief on the rear deck lid. I noticed this while it was being cleaned up. I am unsure if this can be fixed but since we are close to the gathering it will have to wait.

Some extra body work had to be done to make it fit right for my taste, but I guess that is to be expected. It is not perfect but I don't really think anything ever is.

It definitely give the car a whole new look and I like it alot.

__________________________________________________ _________

Now my car is not Finished For some reason the body shop could not figure out how to wire up the LED Showstopper mirrors I really think they were tired of looking at my car, so right now my door panels are not installed.

The stereo shop owner will not be back in town until this afternoon so I am hoping that he can figure this wiring out on these things along with the other LED things I got from Showstopper.

Is this how is always happens , coming down to the last minute when it comes to going to a show?

The paints work does look great, I can tell they did use a cheap microfibre because yes sportsfans I have a few swirls in my paint, mostly on the front fascia but I can get those out.

My hope is that the stereo man can get everything done by Wednesday and I will have Thursday to get it all cleaned up and ready to go to the Gathering. But I guess time will tell.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:21 AM   #521
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
OK Here is the low down on the spoiler the Pros and cons as I see it.

Pros- I like the look, makes the rear seem more finished to me and makes the wide rear look more even if you will.

There is no difference in vision from the rear - what I mean is when you look out the rear view mirror it does not change your view.

All in all I really like the looks of this spoiler.

Cons - The main issue with this spoiler is that there is no water relief on the rear deck lid. I noticed this while it was being cleaned up. I am unsure if this can be fixed but since we are close to the gathering it will have to wait.

Some extra body work had to be done to make it fit right for my taste, but I guess that is to be expected. It is not perfect but I don't really think anything ever is.

It definitely give the car a whole new look and I like it alot.

__________________________________________________ _________

Now my car is not Finished For some reason the body shop could not figure out how to wire up the LED Showstopper mirrors I really think they were tired of looking at my car, so right now my door panels are not installed.

The stereo shop owner will not be back in town until this afternoon so I am hoping that he can figure this wiring out on these things along with the other LED things I got from Showstopper.

Is this how is always happens , coming down to the last minute when it comes to going to a show?

The paints work does look great, I can tell they did use a cheap microfibre because yes sportsfans I have a few swirls in my paint, mostly on the front fascia but I can get those out.

My hope is that the stereo man can get everything done by Wednesday and I will have Thursday to get it all cleaned up and ready to go to the Gathering. But I guess time will tell.
I like the color scheme, and love the spoiler.. I have the same one...and while there is no water relief, it does drain pretty quickly... I've got a slight alignment issue with the passenger side quarter piece... but other than that... great spoiler... and it makes a huge difference at or over 100 mph... The butt actually squats and she feels more stable...

Kudo's on great color selections...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:29 AM   #522
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I like the color scheme, and love the spoiler.. I have the same one...and while there is no water relief, it does drain pretty quickly... I've got a slight alignment issue with the passenger side quarter piece... but other than that... great spoiler... and it makes a huge difference at or over 100 mph... The butt actually squats and she feels more stable...

Kudo's on great color selections...
Ok Robert that is good to know, I have been sitting here thinking how I could mod it to drain better, not that it gets alot of water on it, LOL.

The stripe color is actually a House of Colors Galaxy Gray, has alot of metallic. Was real hard to see in the pictures because of the shine, but I guess that is a good thing.

I'll take some better pictures this afternoon when I get home.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:57 AM   #523
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Don't you mean;

Pros: Car is back with you and paint is done

Cons: It ain't May 27th yet

Looks great! Can't wait to see it. Sure you don't want me to put them thar murrs on fer ya?
Old 05-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #524
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Don't you mean;

Pros: Car is back with you and paint is done

Cons: It ain't May 27th yet

Looks great! Can't wait to see it. Sure you don't want me to put them thar murrs on fer ya?
Oh tonight is gonna be fun, I'm gonna try it myself Whats the worse things that can happen? ( Famous last words) I have a friend that has wired up alot of accessories for the Honda community that is going to help me, so this ought to be interesting to say the least....... But if we can't figure it out I WILL be arriving with no door panels on and ready for action, LOL
Old 05-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #525
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
There must be a DIY for that in the forums.

Or, contact showstopper for the instructions.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:14 AM   #526
garcmol

Shouldn't be anything more than a T tap into the turn signals (if you want them to blink) or into the sidemarker (to only be on when lights are on). It's just running the wire that will be time consuming.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:14 AM   #527
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

I talked with Pete and will look at the instructions again tonight when I get home. I'm sure a phone call or two will be involved, BUT no rotating parts are involved so I should be ok, Sorry Randy.

I figure If I can wire a house from scratch I can do this, again Famous last words.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:14 AM   #528
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Shouldn't be anything more than a T tap into the turn signals (if you want them to blink) or into the sidemarker (to only be on when lights are on). It's just running the wire that will be time consuming.
Oh Don't worry I have your number too, all three of them LOL

I didn't know I had a choice of which way to wire them up, now I have another choice to make, What do you think?
Old 05-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #529
garcmol

Quote:
Oh Don't worry I have your number too, all three of them LOL

I didn't know I had a choice of which way to wire them up, now I have another choice to make, What do you think?
I think if they're LED it would work with the turn signal/park light. With the sidemarkers they would only be on at night or when you turn your headlight switch a click to the right. If Showstopper says they can be wired to turn signals I would go that route. You get more use out of them that way.

A PM to AAC or Showstopper will probably net you what color wire under the dash you could tap for either set up (and take notes incase I get some, lol) ~or you can run the wire to the sidemarker or turnsignal lamp up front.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #530
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I have several friends who have those mirrors and they have them wired to come on with the turn signals. I really like that look.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #531
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
I think if they're LED it would work with the turn signal/park light. With the sidemarkers they would only be on at night or when you turn your headlight switch a click to the right. If Showstopper says they can be wired to turn signals I would go that route. You get more use out of them that way.

A PM to AAC or Showstopper will probably net you what color wire under the dash you could tap for either set up (and take notes incase I get some, lol) ~or you can run the wire to the sidemarker or turnsignal lamp up front.

Ok Norm Sounds good. The side markers are simply plug and play, so they are good and already hooked up.

The mirrors were a different story, something about running the wires through a connector etc... but I will have to see when I get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I have several friends who have those mirrors and they have them wired to come on with the turn signals. I really like that look.
So they are off when not in turn signal mode correct?

Think I need to call Pete again :(
Old 05-20-2011, 11:07 AM   #532
garcmol

Quote:
So they are off when not in turn signal mode correct? :( Unless your headlights are on. Then they'll be on and flash when you put a turn signal on.