Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-22-2011, 09:55 PM   #547
showstopper

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Nice. I forgot how cool that radiator shroud was.
showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:56 PM   #548
showstopper

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Can we get a video of the mirrors?
showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:52 AM   #549
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by showstopper View Post
Can we get a video of the mirrors?
I'll see what I can do for you Pete. It is funny how these things operate. The body control module or whatever controls these things is kinda fascinating.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:03 AM   #550
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
The underhood lighting is Sic....

Quick question, does your spoiler have the stop light in it... It might be my eyes, but I couldnt tell in the last pic, where you responded to Doug...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:18 AM   #551
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
The underhood lighting is Sic....

Quick question, does your spoiler have the stop light in it... It might be my eyes, but I couldnt tell in the last pic, where you responded to Doug...
Hey Robert,

Thanks, the lighting was really not that hard just tediuos hiding the wires. The pictures really make it look alot brighter than it really is, but it kinda has a sinister little glow to it. I guess it is one of those things that needs to be seen in person.

The spoiler does not have the light. It is an aftermarket version of the GM Dovetail Spoiler. If I would have gotten the GM version I think it would have goofed up my stripes, that is why I went with the aftermarket version.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:30 AM   #552
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Hey Robert,

Thanks, the lighting was really not that hard just tediuos hiding the wires. The pictures really make it look alot brighter than it really is, but it kinda has a sinister little glow to it. I guess it is one of those things that needs to be seen in person.

The spoiler does not have the light. It is an aftermarket version of the GM Dovetail Spoiler. If I would have gotten the GM version I think it would have goofed up my stripes, that is why I went with the aftermarket version.
So I see said the not blind man... Mine does have the stop lamp in it.... Since your does not, I'm not going to ask for the price difference... Oh well...

It looks great....I really like the wheels also...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 05-23-2011, 07:50 AM   #553
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
So I see said the not blind man... Mine does have the stop lamp in it.... Since your does not, I'm not going to ask for the price difference... Oh well...

It looks great....I really like the wheels also...
LOL, Oh I don't mind I have a total of 450.00 in the spoiler, painted, stripes and installed total. Is your a GM version or aftermarket?

The wheels are pretty, BUT they are Savini's and you know what that means yepper they vibrate but I don't want to get into that crap.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:20 AM   #554
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
LOL, Oh I don't mind I have a total of 450.00 in the spoiler, painted, stripes and installed total. Is your a GM version or aftermarket?

The wheels are pretty, BUT they are Savini's and you know what that means yepper they vibrate but I don't want to get into that crap.
Yeah, mine is the GM version. I ordered it in April of 10, and in Feb of 11, they finally released it... in Black, Red and Silver... WTF...???

So, since they couldnt tell when or even if they would release the RJT, I told them to send me the Black one. I also ordered the red SS to replace the one I had to take off... They showed up a little over a week later, and Corey had a friend of his paint it.... Did a great job...

Then about four days ago, I got an e-mail tracking notification that mione was finally being shipped... I look at the e-mail and it's a RJT spoiler, and Red SS emblem... I fired right back at the salesman to cancel the order unless it was free as I already had mine painted and installed....

If it was free, send it on, I'll sell it to someone else... but nope, they were in the process of charging my card again when I sent the note... Fortunately I got that stopped...

Old 05-25-2011, 07:48 AM   #555
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Yeah, mine is the GM version. I ordered it in April of 10, and in Feb of 11, they finally released it... in Black, Red and Silver... WTF...???

So, since they couldnt tell when or even if they would release the RJT, I told them to send me the Black one. I also ordered the red SS to replace the one I had to take off... They showed up a little over a week later, and Corey had a friend of his paint it.... Did a great job...

Then about four days ago, I got an e-mail tracking notification that mione was finally being shipped... I look at the e-mail and it's a RJT spoiler, and Red SS emblem... I fired right back at the salesman to cancel the order unless it was free as I already had mine painted and installed....

If it was free, send it on, I'll sell it to someone else... but nope, they were in the process of charging my card again when I sent the note... Fortunately I got that stopped...
When they originally announced they were coming out with the dovetail spoiler I put one on order and waited, but like you my paitence ran out and I just ordered the aftermarket one. I am kinda glad since it does not have the third brake light as that would have messed up my stripes.

I am kinda wondering why the service stabiltrak warning came on. The little slippery when wet sign, plus the T/C lights came on as well. My tires did not spin and I didn't lose traction so I am kind bumfuzzled about this.

The only other time that happened is when it was dyno'd but it went off. After I turned it off and let it sit for 5 minutes everything seemed ok, just kinda weird
Old 05-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #556
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Thanks to Ivan at Soutwest Speed I have ordered some new pedals for my car, actually ordered them a few days ago and Em new post reminded me about it. I know Iam getting old Ivan said it would probaly take about 4 weeks to get them since I didn't want the heel/toe pedal and wanted the original look.

I went with a Titanium look on the recommendation from Ivan, he said that witha black interior they look a little better, don't show dust as well as black ones so it should be good.

Start my wonderful clean up tonight on Dr Jkel. Have a lot of body shop dust to get taken care of, plus a few spots that I want to buff, but I am off of work tomorrow so all is good.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #557
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

I wanna see pics of the pedals when you get them in...

Old 05-25-2011, 12:57 PM   #558
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Sure thing Robert, Since we are going to Florida next month to see my brother and do the tourist thing Ivan said that he would ensure I was back before he shipped them to make sure nothing happened. Should be a great time though.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:04 PM   #559
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Jkel, Florida when? Hotrod Power Tour kicks off in Cocoa Beach FL the Saturday after next. (June 4th). Bring this badboy down and come see the huge show!

Tony
Old 05-25-2011, 09:38 PM   #560
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
Jkel, Florida when? Hotrod Power Tour kicks off in Cocoa Beach FL the Saturday after next. (June 4th). Bring this badboy down and come see the huge show!

Tony
Tony I wold love to but since my boys Drew is 12 6'1 265 and Jordan 6'3" 249 I might not be able to stuff them in for a 10 hour ride. So the crewcab 2500will be the ride of choice, LOL

My brother lives in Lakeland and we will be going the second week in June not sure of the actual date right now but we will be going to Orlando for a day or so ( Water Parks, Disney Etc... ) then going to Tampa. They have a condo on the beach they own and may go to Busch Gardens. Just really going to relax and visit.

My hopes are that my brother has bought a Vette by now, so I can drive his

OBTW Your Vert is looking killer.