Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #589
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Still having the code?
Unfortunately Yeah, Talked with Ron and they do not seem to think it is mod related. I talked with my friend Matt, who helps me on my car, anyway he has a friend at the Chevy Dealership and I am going to take it to them and let them scan and diagnose.

They already are trying to deny any claims and I haven't even took it up there. If the EBCM need re-calibrating that has nothing to do with a cam, headers etc....

If it is the yaw sensor , then that definitely does not have anything to do wth the mods I have done.

We put it on the scanner and drove it and the yaw sensor wasn't picking up anything at all, but before we tear into it then I will let the delaer look at it.

I am thinking it is a sensor or something since the car runs and brakes fine, but who knows. Probably some little quirk.

After we re-set it and let it site for 30 minutes I could not duplicate the error but this has hapened 3 seperate times so something is up.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:39 AM   #590
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Another member posted this. Good info but I can't find anything about that code.

http://service.gm.com/gmspo/mode6/pd...iagnostics.pdf
Old 06-10-2011, 08:48 AM   #591
garcmol

I just read on another site:

Quote:
set up some sort of resonance that falsely set off Stabilitrak (there have been a few posts about this). Some people without headers, with x-pipes, have had the same happen.
Cutouts or cam creating a resonance? I know that's reaching, but maybe. Have you noticed it does it with the cutouts open/closed? I'm still looking

This link has every code from every control module on the vehicle. That C0196 is real specific that it is the Yaw sensor. I'd say it's being affected by resonance because it's an intermittent code.

http://tbssowners.com/docs/2006_TBSS_DTC.pdf

Last edited by garcmol; 06-10-2011 at 09:14 AM.
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:29 AM   #592
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I got the "Service Stabilitrac" light after the last dyno pull. It went out after a minute or two and hasn't come back on.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #593
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I got the "Service Stabilitrac" light after the last dyno pull. It went out after a minute or two and hasn't come back on.
Normal for a dyno pull. Then it cycles off. Due to the rear spinning and front isn't.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:40 AM   #594
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Another member posted this. Good info but I can't find anything about that code.

http://service.gm.com/gmspo/mode6/pd...iagnostics.pdf
Quote:
I just read on another site:

Cutouts or cam creating a resonance? I know that's reaching, but maybe. Have you noticed it does it with the cutouts open/closed? I'm still looking

This link has every code from every control module on the vehicle. That C0196 is real specific that it is the Yaw sensor. I'd say it's being affected by resonance because it's an intermittent code.

http://tbssowners.com/docs/2006_TBSS_DTC.pdf

Dude you are a wealth of information. I am starting to belive it may have something to do with the cutouts. I can't remember, but I think that everytime this happens the cutouts have been open.

Once I get the replacement cut outs I will be able to check for sure, but I think I will take it in and at least let them scan it.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:45 AM   #595
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I got the same thing when I dyno'd mine but like you it went off.

When this is ocurring I have to turn the car off and let it sit for a few minutes before the lights go out.

I would really like to know what it means when all the lights are on cause I would sure hate to mash the motor and she get sideways and loose control and look like an idiot.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #596
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Dude you are a wealth of information. I am starting to belive it may have something to do with the cutouts. I can't remember, but I think that everytime this happens the cutouts have been open.

Once I get the replacement cut outs I will be able to check for sure, but I think I will take it in and at least let them scan it.
But a dealer is gonna charge you 90 bucks for that! I know that's what it is at my dealer. At least if my dealer diagnoses something and they fix it, they take off the $90 diagnostic fee.

Another note. My dealer service department has let me know that now they must snapshot every PCM when a vehicle comes in for any type of warranty or diagnostic issues and send it to GM (I don't know who or where). They look at that snapshot to ensure it's GM "stuff" in there. I don't want to think what would happen if they found non-GM "stuff" in there.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #597
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
But a dealer is gonna charge you 90 bucks for that! I know that's what it is at my dealer. At least if my dealer diagnoses something and they fix it, they take off the $90 diagnostic fee.

Another note. My dealer service department has let me know that now they must snapshot every PCM when a vehicle comes in for any type of warranty or diagnostic issues and send it to GM (I don't know who or where). They look at that snapshot to ensure it's GM "stuff" in there. I don't want to think what would happen if they found non-GM "stuff" in there.
I think this is pretty much standard especially on warranty repairs, but not all. When I broke some button they just ordered them and fixed it.

The Yaw Sensor is like 65.00 or so, so not alot, the LABOR is another thing.

The guys up here kinda know me and know I do not race etc.. especially since most of the tech do race, they will scan it for me I think and take care of me. Escpecially since I have bought about 15 vehicles from them.

If the mods I did broke it then I am ok with paying, but I really don't think the stuff I did broke anything.

IF it is just a sensor issue that is getting " NOISE" and causing this and nothing is being hurt or broke AND it re-sets then that is fine. But they would be hardpressed ( dealer) and it would not be a wise decision if they don't help me. It doesn't cost anything to look.

I have had issues with my truck, EGR, and they have always been real good about helping me and I have a Banks Tuner Kit on it.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:13 AM   #598
garcmol

Good deal. My dealer is easy to work with too. Bought 4 vehicles from them over the years. I get to wonder the service area and poke my head around and watch. Some of these horror stories of dealers service depts make me glad I have a good dealer to go to.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:39 AM   #599
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Good deal. My dealer is easy to work with too. Bought 4 vehicles from them over the years. I get to wonder the service area and poke my head around and watch. Some of these horror stories of dealers service depts make me glad I have a good dealer to go to.
Dude I just noticed your sig and the line you added. It was my Honor to get that for you as I know the sacrifices military families go though. I think it looks great on your car. You are quite welcome.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:44 AM   #600
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Dude I just noticed your sig and the line you added. It was my Honor to get that for you as I know the sacrifices military families go though. I think it looks great on your car. You are quite welcome.
+1
Old 06-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #601
garcmol

Did you notice the picture in my sig? I made them stop loading the ZL1 so I could get some pics with it (no ropes, shhhhhh) They came out all blurry though I had to shrink it so it didn't look blurry so I made it my sig pic.

Thanks again John
Old 06-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #602
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Did you notice the picture in my sig? I made them stop loading the ZL1 so I could get some pics with it (no ropes, shhhhhh) They came out all blurry though I had to shrink it so it didn't look blurry so I made it my sig pic.

Thanks again John
Oh yeah I saw that as well. I figured the black suburbans were on their way to Ft. Mitchel already