Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-12-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
All black wheels just look dirty???

Do you guys/gals think this? I have the Havoc wheels and my gf doesn't like them much. She says they "just look dirty."

She liked my Midnight Silver "RS" wheels better!! I'm digging the Havoc's....and a lot of other all black wheels.

What are your guys' opinions on all black wheels???

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #2
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I do not like all black wheels, I think they take away the look to much, I like full Chrome wheels, but it is your car and what makes you happy is what counts the most.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #3
Harley1

Drives: Ahh....DCB F29
Is it her car?
Harley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #4
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Tell her to stfu and worry about cleaning and cooking........

JK......

But seriously I have mine stockers powdercoated black and I wouldn't change it. I had Chrome 22's and want to get them powdercoated black as well... I have a black car btw
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
Wilnicm_Camaro

Drives: 2000 Xterra, Soon to be Camaro owne
I like black wheels but i feel the style of the wheel has to fit with the color scheme and the car its self. If the wheel style doesnt fit with the car then No, it wont look good even if it was a different color. If i had to get some black wheels it would be a deep dish 22 or something of that variation with glossy black.
Wilnicm_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #6
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
black wheels are sick looking which is why i powder coated mine black

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #7
Jaime068
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS RJT
Depends on what color you put them on...I wanted to go ALL black wheels on my RJT but to me they didnt seem right?? So I went with GM's 21's since it has a chrome lip making the rims stand out from the tires.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #8
doubletrouble

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary
I love black wheels. Black is the new chrome.
2012 45th Anniversary 2SS ~ powder coated factory wheels w/ black lug nuts, tinted windows, factory strut tower brace, Elite Engineering catch can, OEM-sub box, ambient lighting, trunk mat, Black billet front and rear bowties, tinted front and rear side marker lights, tinted fog lights, ADM race air intake with scoop, Roto Fab washer bottle, Black SS strut tower covers, Kooks long tube headers with full Kooks exhaust, Janetty Racing email tune. Best 1/4 mile time so far 13.80
doubletrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #9
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
Most wheels just look so complicated with too much bling today.
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #10
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
I do not like all black wheels, I think they take away the look to much, I like full Chrome wheels, but it is your car and what makes you happy is what counts the most.
Right on. My gf prefers the chrome wheels also....but I went with what I wanted, hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1 View Post
Is it her car?
Haha, no, but you know how it is....you want the ladyfriend to like it also....but it's funny I say that because she never cared too much for the Camaro before I got it anyway. She likes it now though...so she might grow to like the wheels also!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash84 View Post
Tell her to stfu and worry about cleaning and cooking........

JK......

But seriously I have mine stockers powdercoated black and I wouldn't change it. I had Chrome 22's and want to get them powdercoated black as well... I have a black car btw
LMAO....I'm too much of a gentleman to do that. All black car and wheels looks excellent IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime068 View Post
Depends on what color you put them on...I wanted to go ALL black wheels on my RJT but to me they didnt seem right?? So I went with GM's 21's since it has a chrome lip making the rims stand out from the tires.
Yeah, I definitely think that all black looks better on some colors than others. Also....it's possible that I would've had the same wheels you have....if they weren't so EXPENSIVE!! Haha. I've always liked the 21" GM wheel packages, in all the styles available.

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:44 AM   #11
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
The havocs are black chrome... that's different than a black wheel that's painted or powdercoated (which looks bad IMHO) But I like the havocs. Show here some powdercoated or painted rims and ask which she likes better... (If you have to get rid of the Havocs, send me a PM for price!)
Old 11-12-2011, 11:46 AM   #12
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
the rs wheels look dirty. All black wheels look DURRRTTTYYYY

lol But all black wheels, cleaned, looks amazing
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #13
Kwiq Niss

Drives: '12 2SS Transformers Special Ed.
Chrome doesn't belong on a performance car IMHO. I like the black wheels, but I hate washing them every week.
-Eventually: ECU, rear end diff, coil over's, sub-frame connectors, forged and balanced pistons/crank/rods, clutch & flywheel, high-flow cat, GFX.
Kwiq Niss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #14
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
I prefer all black wheels. In fact im considering having my stock wheels painted black or powder coated.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote