Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-30-2009, 01:04 PM   #1
camaroincarolina

Drives: 1SS Aqua Blue Metallic
Can I wash my Car Cover???

I bought a beautiful red Camaro Car Cover second hand from a guy who had to sell his Camaro so I don't have the original paperwork......Does anybody know if I can wash the car cover? It's a bit dirty......Thanks!
camaroincarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
Bonnie1

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro Coupe 1ss
Car Cover

Care and Cleaning, if the whole cover needs cleaning you can wash it in a large-capacity washer with mild cleaner, cold water and no softener. dry in either a commercial dryer with low heat setting, or on an outside clothes line. Hope this helps I bought one and thats the care and cleaning of it.
Bonnie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
larietrope

Drives: 1970 Boss 302
IMO

Never put a car cover in a dryer no matter what setting, unless you want it to fit a 60's Beetle.
Air dry it only on a clothes line or outside.
larietrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:31 PM   #4
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Mine stays pretty clean since it's in the carport, but man, how do you not keep the black tire cleaner from getting on it???
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:36 PM   #5
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
wish I knew that one! I think we need tire covers to protect our car cover! Mine needs a wash soon also :( It came with instructions though - CA Car Cover...

Edit:

Just e-mail chatted with CA Car Covers. Here's their response:

Michael: hi, I have your Noah cover, which I really like. It's gotten dirty, what/how do you recommend cleaning it? Also, is there anyway to protect the areas over the tires as they get very dirty from the tire dressing? thanks!
James: we sell tire covers in sets for 4
Michael: ok
James: and following is the washing instructions:
James: A home washer may not be large enough to accommodate your car cover and provide proper cleaning. Covers should be taken to a commercial laundromat and washed in large automatic washers without agitator. Use a cup or so of Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner (no soap or detergent). Wash your cover using the "Normal" or "Permanent Press" cycles in cold or warm water. DO NOT WASH IN HOT WATER! Run the cover through two rinse cycles - it is important that all the cleaner be removed in order to preserve the cover's water resistance. Air dry the cover. DO NOT put the cover in an automatic dryer (the fabric can melt). DO NOT dry clean covers. Another way to clean dust from the inside or outside of the cover is to put it on your vehicle and hose it off. To clean the inside, put the cover on inside-out, rinse off and then leave on to dry. To clean the outside, put the cover on normally, rinse and then leave on to dry.

Tire covers:
http://www.calcarcover.com/product.aspx?s=on&id=59 Medium fits the rear tires/wheels
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;

Last edited by Michael_Js; 10-30-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:03 PM   #6
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun1 View Post
Mine stays pretty clean since it's in the carport, but man, how do you not keep the black tire cleaner from getting on it???
I use four old towels and put them over the tops of the wheels, so when I pull the car cover down, it never comes in contact with the tire surface!! Works for me!!!
Old 10-30-2009, 03:13 PM   #7
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Great idea! I just bought CCC's 4 wheel covers in Medium
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:20 PM   #8
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
thanks for getting some answers, $25-35 might not be a bad investment.
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:42 AM   #9
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Great idea! I just bought CCC's 4 wheel covers in Medium
I will have to look into some of those!!!

Quote:
thanks for getting some answers, $25-35 might not be a bad investment.
$25-35 is about how much my wife pays for those "look, don't touch towels" I now use to cover the Camaro wheels before putting the car cover on. She seems to trade them out about every six months.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:59 AM   #10
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:
Quit driving your car with the car cover on it.

Actually my car cover only goes down to the top of the wheel well.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:27 PM   #11
ApolloWar

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I bought the CCC wheel covers to keep the Noah car cover clean. The wife thinks I'm crazy for putting covers on the wheels before I put the cover on the car. Oh well, she thought that before I did this.
ApolloWar is offline   Reply With Quote