Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 04-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #29
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
Great write up, and the car looks great, I'm just confused about some things because I don't have parts in front of me.

I read that this will prevent permanent modification to the bumper, which is what I want. I do not want to drill holes or anything like that in the bumper, but I wouldn't mind doing so in the diffuser. Is that how this would work?

Also, I'm looking at the kits from GM parts house and it says modification to the fascia is required. Is that talking about the tabs you cut off? Also you said you didn't use the absorber, so Im guessing you had to modify that too? or is that were you used the washers and nuts? Sorry for all the questions, I just don't have parts in front of me to see these things.

PM me if you wouldn't mind. I would love your help!
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #30
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Caroline View Post
Great write up, and the car looks great, I'm just confused about some things because I don't have parts in front of me.

I read that this will prevent permanent modification to the bumper, which is what I want. I do not want to drill holes or anything like that in the bumper, but I wouldn't mind doing so in the diffuser. Is that how this would work?

Also, I'm looking at the kits from GM parts house and it says modification to the fascia is required. Is that talking about the tabs you cut off? Also you said you didn't use the absorber, so Im guessing you had to modify that too? or is that were you used the washers and nuts? Sorry for all the questions, I just don't have parts in front of me to see these things.

PM me if you wouldn't mind. I would love your help!
The diffuser has the tabs, the bumper needs the holes, for the tabs to stab into.

So you EITHER cut the tabs off OR drill holes in the bumper for the tabs to go into
Old 04-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #31
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
The diffuser has the tabs, the bumper needs the holes, for the tabs to stab into.

So you EITHER cut the tabs off OR drill holes in the bumper for the tabs to go into

So I can cut the tabs off like the op and it is secure and functional?
and what about the extra holes in the bumper support? I can't imaging that being too difficult and I wouldn't mind that so long as its not visable. Where do the washers, nuts, and bolts come into play?

Thanks for the fast response!
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #32
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Caroline View Post
So I can cut the tabs off like the op and it is secure and functional?
and what about the extra holes in the bumper support? I can't imaging that being too difficult and I wouldn't mind that so long as its not visable. Where do the washers, nuts, and bolts come into play?

Thanks for the fast response!
If you cut the tabs off, everyone advises that you use double sided 3M molding tape. It will be very secure, but not sit 100% as flush as if you used the tabs (but still very close).

Not sure about the bumper support, you mean the absorber? From what ive read, it is very simple to modify, just drilling a couple of small holes, and wont hurt anything.

The stock diffuser is smaller, and snaps in, then uses 6 or 8 or something small screws, I dont think it uses any nuts.

This kit may need different bolts/screws, and more of them since the diffuser is bigger. I havent actually dont the ZL1 diffuser, Ive just drooled over it.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #33
ahesq

Drives: 2014 C7, 3LT, manual
When you added the quad tips to your solo mach xl system, did you have to move the outlet pipes inward about 2 inches so they would be centered in the new diffuser outlet? If so, was there enough play in the solo set up to allow this, or did you have to weld the tips on crooked?

Please reply to this thread and to me at ahesq@aol.com

Many thanks

Last edited by ahesq; 06-09-2013 at 06:45 AM. Reason: typo
ahesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #34
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahesq View Post
When yuo added the quad tips to your solo mach xl system, did you have to move the outlet pipes inward about 2 inches so they would be centered in the new diffuser outlet? If so, was there enough play in the solo set up to allow this, or did you have to weld the tips on crooked?

Please reply to this thread and to me at ahesq@aol.com

Many thanks
The solo system has to be modified to center the quad exhaust. It is set up for duals (like stock).
Old 06-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #35
ahesq

How did you modify it to center the quad tips?
Old 06-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #36
ahesq

Just sent you a private message inquiry.

Thanks.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #37
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Gotta tell you vroom, after listening to you and cutting my diffuser off the car, I think I'll pass on the 1le diffuser, looks damn good now. By the way, Borla stainless polish works wonders on our tips..
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #38
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Gotta tell you vroom, after listening to you and cutting my diffuser off the car, I think I'll pass on the 1le diffuser, looks damn good now. By the way, Borla stainless polish works wonders on our tips..
If i may, why does it look like your tips are set to the out side? are they not in the center of the opening?
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #39
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
If i may, why does it look like your tips are set to the out side? are they not in the center of the opening?
I see that, it doesn't look wrong, just different. They look great man!
Old 06-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #40
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
"if i may" - not really concerned about it.. in person they look fine...can't beleive how people over-critque here, IMO...
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #41
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

From the back it doesn't look off, still looks centered with the Taillights.

Also, 2SSRS didn't mean anything by it, he makes diffusers and DIYs and other stuff and I'm sure was just asking about another way of doing it.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #42
Darknite

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
For those of you looking to purchase the ZL1 diffusers for upgrading your Camaro,

I HIGHLY recommend staying away from PartsTaxi.com (Lewes Auto Mall, Lewes, DE).

Here has been my experience.

I placed my order and paid for 2nd day shipping. The website said the parts were IN STOCK. I called them for 4 days straight to see about going down to pick the parts up instead of having them shipped. I only ever got a voice mail. On the 5th day I got a return call. The woman who called me said another order came in before mine (not sure why the website says in stock if another order was placed before me).

My order arrived 4 days later (now 9 days after I ordered to be shipped second day), was very poorly packaged and was missing some pieces. I called them to ask for the missing pieces. They said they would ship them out the following business day. That was three weeks ago. The missing pieces have not arrived!

I decided to purchase the missing pieces from my local dealer. When I went to do the install, it turns out the morons at PartsTaxi.com not only forgot to send me all the pieces I needed but sent me TWO left side mud flaps instead of one left and one right.

Again I called them three days in a row. I have left voice messages and have heard nothing back a full week later!

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM PARTSTAXI.COM

I recommend staying as far from these people as possible.

As it turns out this is actually a GM dealer in Deleware named Lewes Auto Mall in Lewes, DE.

Very dissatisfied with this experience, and given the repeated behavior I find it hard to believe this is unique to me.

Last edited by Darknite; 07-25-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Darknite is offline   Reply With Quote