Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

Old 10-04-2023, 02:52 PM   #43
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
I am reaching out to a few local fabrication shops and seeing if i can strike a deal to get these made, and powder coated. I will let you guys know what I come up with. Currently quoting a batch of 25. It would probably be a one and done type of order. because as my experience with the ground cables... once the 20 people who want them buy them.. Then you end up with a bunch of ornaments on the shelf.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 07:21 PM   #44
Scooter18155

Drives: 2010 ss/rs 6 speed manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
I am reaching out to a few local fabrication shops and seeing if i can strike a deal to get these made, and powder coated. I will let you guys know what I come up with. Currently quoting a batch of 25. It would probably be a one and done type of order. because as my experience with the ground cables... once the 20 people who want them buy them.. Then you end up with a bunch of ornaments on the shelf.

Here’s someone that already makes them both front and rear. I have thier front one and have no complaints. Made you can contact them and get a deal done for ordering so many from them. I’d be interested in a rear one myself.
https://www.leftcoast32.com/shop-per...point-receiver
2010 camaro ss/rs, standard 6 speed, ls3 motor, bmr subframe connectors, jba 3” competition Exhaust, stainless works 1 7/8" headers, adm cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, bo white ported tb, mishimoto aluminum radiator, mishimoto oil cooler.
Scooter18155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 01:57 AM   #45
truepatriotmjm

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS with Twin Turbskies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter18155 View Post
Here’s someone that already makes them both front and rear. I have thier front one and have no complaints. Made you can contact them and get a deal done for ordering so many from them. I’d be interested in a rear one myself.
https://www.leftcoast32.com/shop-per...point-receiver
That dude doesn't respond to messages, answer the phone, and everything says Out of Stock so wondering if he is even still in business.
truepatriotmjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 05:28 AM   #46
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
Quote:
Thanks for doing this!
Old 10-05-2023, 08:09 AM   #47
Scooter18155

Quote:
Originally Posted by truepatriotmjm View Post
That dude doesn't respond to messages, answer the phone, and everything says Out of Stock so wondering if he is even still in business.
Maybe it was a few years ago I dealt with them. They were responsive when I messaged them. They were out of stock when I ordered my front bar and I messaged them and they told me they make them per order. But yeah if you don’t get a response at all maybe your right.
2010 camaro ss/rs, standard 6 speed, ls3 motor, bmr subframe connectors, jba 3” competition Exhaust, stainless works 1 7/8" headers, adm cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, bo white ported tb, mishimoto aluminum radiator, mishimoto oil cooler.
Old 10-05-2023, 08:22 AM   #48
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter18155 View Post
Maybe it was a few years ago I dealt with them. They were responsive when I messaged them. They were out of stock when I ordered my front bar and I messaged them and they told me they make them per order. But yeah if you don’t get a response at all maybe your right.
I reached out to him and we are working on the details to see if it makes sense.

I will keep my local machine shops in mind while I work this. If i had a mandrel pipe bender and a little more skill with the welder I would just make them myself, but I'm not sure that they would be resale quality. My welds are good enough for me, but I am sure others would disagree.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
Old 10-05-2023, 01:38 PM   #49
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

I've got a solid lead on this project, is everyone in agreement that they want to use the zl1 addons tow hook?

Also, I need to gauge interest on who on this page still wants a crash bar. I have worked out a deal with a vendor RSM and we are going to build a prototype now, and they will ship it to me to test fit on my camaro with the tow hook. I will be purchasing all of the units up front. Will keep you guys updated. But feedback would be appreciated.

Old 10-05-2023, 10:45 PM   #50
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I would be interested if as long as they’re not 400 or 500 a piece.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 05:58 AM   #51
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
Quote:
I've got a solid lead on this project, is everyone in agreement that they want to use the zl1 addons tow hook?

Also, I need to gauge interest on who on this page still wants a crash bar. I have worked out a deal with a vendor RSM and we are going to build a prototype now, and they will ship it to me to test fit on my camaro with the tow hook. I will be purchasing all of the units up front. Will keep you guys updated. But feedback would be appreciated.
I am in as long as the price is reasonable. And yes to the tow hook. Thank you sir for your contributions.
Old 10-06-2023, 06:51 AM   #52
fnhowe84

Drives: 2018 Hotwheels M6 & 2010 1LE V6 M6
im in on the bar, i can take or leave the toe hooker
Old 10-06-2023, 08:35 AM   #53
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Concerns on price are noted. I am here to support my community and make a buck. Not looking to get rich.

Tow hook would be purchased seperately. But they will develop the crash bar with the Zl1addons tow hook as the standard. I am ordering one and having it sent to them for fitment.

They told me that if this project is successful, they will be interested in making a rear crash bar as well.

This project may take a little time but it looks like I have 3 interested so far.
Front bar
-Olblue75
-SlowLs1
-Fnhowe84
- 500hpbluez28
-Deftones - 2 pieces
- ScottyD

Rear bar
-Scooter18155
-Olblue75
-Shodown
-Fnhowe84

Last edited by The_bald_eagle_machine; 10-17-2023 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-06-2023, 09:20 AM   #54
Scooter18155

I would be interested in a rear crash bar myself if it gets that far. I already have a front one already.
Old 10-06-2023, 11:11 PM   #55
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Would be interested in rear bar as well again depending on price.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 10:00 PM   #56
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Just for context. I ordered a ZL1 addons tow hook and sent it to RSM on Friday. So they are going to test fit and make me a prototype to test fit on my car. If all goes well, I'll approve the sample and get a small run made up for you guys. They will be branded RSM. I'll keep you guys updated as much as possible.