Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #1
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
parking sticker on windshield

We are supposed to have parking stickers in the lower, driver's side corner of our car's windshield where I work. As small as it may be, I don't want to clutter up my windshield with one. I'm trying to think of a creative excuse to avoid it. I have the HUD windshield. Anyone know if it is bad to stick things to it because it has a special coating?

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
get some of that cling stuff, you put it on the sticker, pop the sticker on the window when you park, then take it off when you leave......

I doubt the parking people care about your car to any degree, you more than likely cant claim you cant put the sticker on.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Stop be a you know what , get a little plastic pocket and put that dreaded sticker and just lay it in the dash just about where the VIN is .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
RollaMo

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
We are supposed to have parking stickers in the lower, driver's side corner of our car's windshield where I work. As small as it may be, I don't want to clutter up my windshield with one. I'm trying to think of a creative excuse to avoid it. I have the HUD windshield. Anyone know if it is bad to stick things to it because it has a special coating?
Unless you put the sticker right over where the HUD is displayed, it isn't going to hurt anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
get some of that cling stuff, you put it on the sticker, pop the sticker on the window when you park, then take it off when you leave......

I doubt the parking people care about your car to any degree, you more than likely cant claim you cant put the sticker on.

I do the Hot Rod Power Tour every year, and they require a sticker in the lower left corner of the windshield for access to the venues.
I have seen lots of people using the cling stuff. That way, they can just take the sticker out when the tour is over (without having to scrape it off).

Every car inside one of those venues has a sticker in the windshield, and quite a few "HUD" equipped cars. Even the cars GM took on tour had the stickers.
2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
RollaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
I work for the city and have access to all NYC lots. We have a sticker also. What we do is cut a piece of plexi- glass the size of the sticker. Then you can lay it on your dash,and you can also move it from car to car.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #6
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
What's the "cling" stuff?

Otherwise, I just might lay it on the dash. If they give me crap about that, oh well. We have these parking services people that apparently patrol the lots and put a cute little "parking violation" under the windshield wiper. It's not even a ticket really...it just says "you're in violation of parking policy...yada yada yada." It's more annoying than anything else.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #7
JeffHudgensMD

Drives: 2013 RS Camaro (2 LT)
Just tape it on the window with scotch tape... thats what I did with my parking pass at school
JeffHudgensMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #8
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
Yep, they have a special-blended epoxy, teflon, powder coating that would react with the adhesive in the sticker and probably crack the windshield.

Just tell them that.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:17 AM   #9
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Get a plastic hanger and put it on the review mirror. They usually sell them at colleges for $1.00
Old 11-14-2012, 01:38 AM   #10
ctinatx

Drives: 2014 SS Sedan
Texas has inspection and registration in that location. not a problem. just put the sticker where it needs to be.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #11
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
I have the same rule where I work but I buck the system every day now for three years I lay the decal on my dash on the driver side, had a talk with the public safty officers about it, they know who I am and don't mess with me.
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #12
Cpaint

Drives: 2LT RS Ashen Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRYAN34 View Post
ummm laminate it, or else get a life and just follow the rules.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #13
amz
Factory Correct

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffHudgensMD View Post
Just tape it on the window with scotch tape... thats what I did with my parking pass at school
Sometimes , the simple answer is best !!
amz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:03 AM   #14
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
or get a small piece of plexiglass or clear plastic. Stick the sticker to it and when you park put it in the window edge. you can take it away when you get in.
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote