Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #43
3BVert

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Update:

WOOT !!! Let there be heat ...

The wiring harness was bad from the drivers seat module to the passenger seat ... Took five trips and a number of calls to GM support, but they finally got it done ...
Excellent news! I'm glad you finally got it fixed. Something tells me that this repair will be in my future. Thanks for keeping us updated.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:47 AM   #44
djamphi555

Drives: Camaro 2010
Bump

Vudoman,

Has your driver seat heating issue been resolved?
djamphi555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 01:24 PM   #45
keef

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Black w/ gray stripes
2 years ago I took mine in and had the driver's side heating element replaced (they said that was the issue).

Well...now it's not working again, took it in yesterday. Call from dealer today says the heating element is out...to which I replied I just had this replaced with you 2 years ago. They said they checked for any TSB's etc, nothing there. All they're willing to do is discount 50% on labor and whatnot.
keef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:22 AM   #46
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
I have gone through 2 driver side break downs and going on a third.The dealer did the first and it quit like two months later, so my husband said just order one and he'd put it in, well we ordered it and he went to take the other out and he said the wires were pinched because they didn't put the element back in place correctly and broke a connector, so he fixed that one and we didn't put the new one in, that lasted about a year but it has quit again so he just needs to put the new one in. When you move the seat back to lean forward or backward is the issue, it gets the wires bunched f you don't position them correctly.
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 07:12 PM   #47
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Just realized this past weekend my driver side crapped out. Guess a trip to the dealer ship in the near future after I find out if my extended warranty covers it.
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 06:25 AM   #48
Navy Chief MoonsSS

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3
Ok so reading this entire thread seems like my symptoms exactly...both of mine are out. Dealer said it's the heating elements and wanted 750 dollars to replace them both. I don't feel that it is the elements especially after reading this...but I saw about 4 or 5 possible solutions in this thread i.e. fuse block...faulty connection at the control module...faulty wiring harness from passenger seat to driver seat...pinched wires that moving the seat causes...so I'm not an expert by any means but from the way I understood all of your comments I think ill start with the wiring harness that connects the two seats. Does anyone know where to get this part and if it is something I can do myself or do I need to get the shop to do it...and honestly I don't trust dealerships. They just want money and I feel if they change the elements it won't fix it or if it does it would be super temporary, and not fix the actual root of the problem. Any advice would be welcomed.

Oh and witenite please update what the dealer tells you/does to fix the problem.

Thanks guys, Ryan.
SC (SLP TVS2300),
Black wing CAI (designed for SLP SC)
JRE super tensioner
Fuel system (ZL1pump/ADM control module/ID850 injectors)
wheels/tires
NGK TR7IX plugs
MSD wires
ZR1 3 bar map sensor
160° thermostat
Crank pin kit
Navy Chief MoonsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 08:31 AM   #49
floyd haughton

Drives: 2010victoryred2lt
my drivers side went had 2 replace seat &back pad 550
floyd haughton is offline   Reply With Quote