Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-15-2008, 09:09 PM   #43
baileyrx

Drives: 2003 g35
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN311 View Post
Since I wanted the Midnight Silver wheels, HID's, and taillamps it was an easy choice. Price is starting to seem more fair to me now than when it was first released. I consider the breakdown like this (what i think they are worth to me in the total cost):

$750 for HID's
$300 for wheels
$150 taillamps
me too! (plus the halos)
baileyrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:02 PM   #44
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfret7 View Post
I went around in circles about getting a SS without the RS pack, but now I'm glad. I want to keep it as it came from the factory..... But, I have to put on red rally stripes...Oh, I have too
Another thing which swayed me to non RS was the Daytime Running Lights. On the RS, the DRL's will be the white fog lights. On the non RS, it will be the orange signal lights. That looks much more sinister IMO, especially the way the SS front facia looks.

The foglights on the V6 cars line up perfectly underneath the headlights so the lighting effect of V6 Camaros with the RS DRL's should look neat. On the SS cars though, the fog lights are more out to the edge so they would not line up directly under the halos should you go RS/SS.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:08 PM   #45
Yeahyouknwit

Drives: 2003 Mustang Gt Conv.
So wait why would the DRL's be different on the RS? if anything the RS should have the signal lights the DRL's. by the way i hate DRL's and will remove the fuse ASAP...Well i might have kept them if they were the signal lights on the rs like they are on the vette
Yeahyouknwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:12 PM   #46
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahyouknwit View Post
So wait why would the DRL's be different on the RS? if anything the RS should have the signal lights the DRL's. by the way i hate DRL's and will remove the fuse ASAP...Well i might have kept them if they were the signal lights on the rs like they are on the vette
would removing that fuse have any side effects? other than keeping the lights off, that is

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
lalometalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:13 PM   #47
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahyouknwit View Post
the DRL's are the outer part of the halo on the headlight if im not mistaken
Old 10-16-2008, 01:16 PM   #48
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
It was 1SS RS -OR- 2SS for me. I expected both to be around 31-32...but my choice depended entirely on which was cheaper.

The 2SS is slightly out of my reach, so...I'll be getting the RS package on a 1SS instead. I like the Halos, and I think having the red "SS" badge may set my car apart from others with the silver 'SS'. As far as appearances go, it was 50/50 to me. I guess I just had that $$$ window, and wanted something a little more special than a base SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
the DRL's are the outer part of the halo on the headlight if im not mistaken
And the foglights on RS-equipped cars. The foglights are the "official" DRL...because the Halos don't give off enough light, so they're just for show.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:16 PM   #49
Yeahyouknwit

Drives: 2003 Mustang Gt Conv.
Removing the fuse shouldnt harm anything else in your car. Its just a dedicated fuse for only that. I have only heard of one case where the DRL fuse was also the interior lights fuse so that is a possibility
Yeahyouknwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:36 PM   #50
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
It was 1SS RS -OR- 2SS for me. I expected both to be around 31-32...but my choice depended entirely on which was cheaper.

The 2SS is slightly out of my reach, so...I'll be getting the RS package on a 1SS instead. I like the Halos, and I think having the red "SS" badge may set my car apart from others with the silver 'SS'. As far as appearances go, it was 50/50 to me. I guess I just had that $$$ window, and wanted something a little more special than a base SS.

And the foglights on RS-equipped cars. The foglights are the "official" DRL...because the Halos don't give off enough light, so they're just for show.
interesting. i must have missed that. about the DRL's that is
Old 10-16-2008, 01:54 PM   #51
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
interesting. i must have missed that. about the DRL's that is
Happens to the best of us!
Old 10-16-2008, 01:56 PM   #52
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalometalik View Post
would removing that fuse have any side effects? other than keeping the lights off, that is
Some 3rd gens had the DRL's and it had it's own fuse. Easy fix. Hopefully the 5th gens will do the same for those who want to opt out.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:06 PM   #53
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
^^^ most def

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
lalometalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:21 PM   #54
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I suspect the decision to move the DRL's to the fog lights from the signal lights for RS cars is the close proximity of the signal lights to the Halo's. Since DRL's need to be bright, it would take away from the Halo effect during the day.