Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
KTMracing09

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 ABM
Driving test

I'm 16 and I'm about to take my road course to get my license and I was wondering if I would be okay taking it in my Camaro, or something else? The blind spots are a huge concern, which is the only reason I'm on edge about it.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #2
Wakemaker89

Drives: 2020 Summit White LT1 M6
Send a message via Skype™ to Wakemaker89
You already have an SS and you don't even have your license yet! you lucky dog!!! what would you take instead of your camaro?
Old 10-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
Prospective Buyer

Drives: Acura TL Acura MDX
I just had my road test and took it in my TL. Easiest test ever. Just don't freak out. and know how to parallel park.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:05 PM   #4
KTMracing09

My other option would be my Mom's Trail Blazer, extended cab.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #5
KTMracing09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospective Buyer View Post
I just had my road test and took it in my TL. Easiest test ever. Just don't freak out. and know how to parallel park.
An Acura TL is one thing. I don't know if you have ever driven a 2010 camaro. But if you have, you know where I am coming from. It's kinda hard to see what is behind you because the A-pillar in the rear is so wide and the rear window is so small.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:33 PM   #6
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMracing09 View Post
An Acura TL is one thing. I don't know if you have ever driven a 2010 camaro. But if you have, you know where I am coming from. It's kinda hard to see what is behind you because the A-pillar in the rear is so wide and the rear window is so small.
If your A-pillar is in the rear, then you're driving backward.

Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:34 PM   #7
egad09

Drives: 2010 CGM 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
If your A-pillar is in the rear, then you're driving backward.

be nice emma!

Take out the trailblazer bud! Drivability wise the camaro would be fine. However when it comes to parking and especially parallel parking the blazer would be MUCH easier in my opinion. That and u dont want to be stressed about the driving test AND messing up the Camaro!!
Old 10-12-2011, 07:36 PM   #8
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by egad09 View Post
be nice emma!

Take out the trailblazer bud!
Just joshin'! No offense meant.

Carry on!

Good luck with your road test!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:41 PM   #9
Prospective Buyer

Drives: Acura TL Acura MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMracing09 View Post
I have driven a Camaro before. I had no problems with visibilty. Take the Trailblazer. You may have to look forward while backing up in the Camaro, they fail you for that....so take the Trailblazer and have the Camaro all shined up waiting for you in the driveway at home.

You can pass the test and remember to stay safe on the roads.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:17 PM   #10
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
When i took mine last November the hardest thing i had to do was a 3 point turn and well that's easy, never had to parallel park or anything.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #11
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
If you were my kid, and I was putting you behind the wheel of a Camaro SS, you'd learn how to drive the damn thing through a slalom course, backwards. You'd also be able to parallel park it anywhere, and if I told you to park me exactly six inches off the curb, you'd put it at 4, just to piss me off. Because you're just THAT good.

If you're worried about which car to take to the driving test, you haven't practiced enough.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:20 PM   #12
TJ's MARO

Drives: Fully Loaded Black on Black 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADLS3 View Post
If you were my kid, and I was putting you behind the wheel of a Camaro SS, you'd learn how to drive the damn thing through a slalom course, backwards. You'd also be able to parallel park it anywhere, and if I told you to park me exactly six inches off the curb, you'd put it at 4, just to piss me off. Because you're just THAT good.

If you're worried about which car to take to the driving test, you haven't practiced enough.
OP- I agree with this. Plus many of us have that paranoid factor when driving our camaros, so that tension, plus the tester watching your every move, its proby a better idea to take the other car, pass the test then come home to that sweet ride and go for a cruise

TJ's MARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #13
Trevorw24
Black Ma6ic

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
I took my test in a new E-Class Mercedes, and it felt great. Do it.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:27 PM   #14
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LS
Send a message via Skype™ to The Shadoww
Don't trip chocolate chip! if you can drive your car normally, you can drive it during the test. The parallel parking is just pulling along side a curb then backing up along side it. It's soooo simple. When they had me do it the driver lady said "okay now pull out onto the main road" and my literal response was "You gatta be shitten me, that's it?". It is sooooo easy! just remember to look over your shoulder when you cross the bike lanes! Like 3 of my friends didn't pass because of that!