Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-13-2012, 11:54 PM   #1
Shadow Camaro

Drives: Rally Yellow 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Shadow's Lightning Camaro

Ok. I am going to make an attempt at making one of these car journals. I dont have the money to throw at this thing like some people but I do what i can lol

My name is Brian and I am 22 years old as of April 16th, 2012. I go to The University of Alabama (Roll Tide!). I really enjoy it here in Tuscaloosa and I have met a few good people who also own Camaros.

I got my car back in December of 2011. I drove 11 hours up to Ohio to get it. I got back from Iraq in mid december and i had a good bit saved up so i upgraded from my black (with yellow stripes) v6 2011 to a yellow 2ss/rs 2010.

Thats basically it. I started modding pretty quickly. Small things here and there mostly. But every once in a while ill splurge a bit
Here is a Full Mod List:

Engine/Mechanical
Stainless Works Long Tube Headers
High Flow Catalytic Converters
Stainless Works Cat-Back Exhaust
Rotofab Cold Air Intake

Exterior/Visual
Plasti Dipped Wheels
Plasti Dipped Tail Light Bezels
Plasti Dipped Lower Front Bumper
Street Scene Front Splitter
Blacked Out Tails, Reverses, Fogs, Side Markers
Rear Blackout Panel
Blacked out Mail Slot

Interior/Visual
Dyed All Interior Stitching Yellow

Audio
Kicker 750 Amp 1200 Watts
2x Kicker CVR 12" Subwoofers
******** Add Amp Interface
******** Perfect Fit Box

Im sure there are more that I am forgetting but ill ad them as i remember. And theres more to come so check back .

So now ill throw in a few pics:

Name:  IMG_0149.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  320.7 KB
My old car. Traded Later december 2011.

Name:  IMG_0293.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  147.0 KB
New car after wash and wax, Early march before spring break 2012.

Name:  IMG_0318.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  197.5 KB
Plasti Dipped the wheels over easter weekend 2012.

Name:  IMG_0321.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  153.1 KB
Added a Street Scene Front Lip Wednesday, April 11th, 2012.

Rotofab CAI, SW LT Headers and High Flow Cats, SW Cat-Back, Eibach Pro rear wheel spacers, SS Grill Insert, Street Scene Front Splitter, Blacked out rear emblem, blacked out bezels, plasti-dipped lower bumper, plasti-dipped rims with yellow pinstriping, dyed interior stitching yellow, 2x Kicker CVR 12's w/ 1200 watt kicker amp. MORE TO COME!

Last edited by Shadow Camaro; 04-14-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Shadow Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:59 PM   #2
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Nice looking car Roll Tide!
Old 04-14-2012, 03:26 AM   #3
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Hey Brian , nice looking car there yellow is my favorite color but my dealer didn't have any ,it's a good thing you started the journal so you can post every single mod big or small as you go,have you considered plastidipping your wheels ? It's a DIY and the cost is minimal and it looks killer on a yellow car. Congrats for the car btw.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #4
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Shadow, The yellow looks real nice, but what you did to the black one was awsome! I have never seen a black with the yellow striping...Sorry, not to rain on the parade, but liking the yellow alot, I can't get past the first one...congrats on 2 nice rides...ABL99...
Old 04-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
Shadow Camaro

Haha aqua, thanks for the kind words. I actually get that a lot though. Most people seem to prefer the first car because of the color combo an all. But only a real enthusiast like those on this forum understand when I say I needed that extra displacement :P. Also, I just couldn't stand how dirty the black stayed.
Pierre, thanks for the kind words. I actually have Plasti dipped the wheels. I'll be able to post a list of mods and pics later this evening. But yeah I recently did the wheels. It's not perfect, but it looks great if you ask me. I'll be able to do a better job next go round. I love Plasti dip though .

More pictures to follow later this evening guys

Rotofab CAI, SW LT Headers and High Flow Cats, SW Cat-Back, Eibach Pro rear wheel spacers, SS Grill Insert, Street Scene Front Splitter, Blacked out rear emblem, blacked out bezels, plasti-dipped lower bumper, plasti-dipped rims with yellow pinstriping, dyed interior stitching yellow, 2x Kicker CVR 12's w/ 1200 watt kicker amp. MORE TO COME!
Old 04-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #6
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Camaro View Post
Haha aqua, thanks for the kind words. I actually get that a lot though. Most people seem to prefer the first car because of the color combo an all. But only a real enthusiast like those on this forum understand when I say I needed that extra displacement :P. Also, I just couldn't stand how dirty the black stayed.
Pierre, thanks for the kind words. I actually have Plasti dipped the wheels. I'll be able to post a list of mods and pics later this evening. But yeah I recently did the wheels. It's not perfect, but it looks great if you ask me. I'll be able to do a better job next go round. I love Plasti dip though .

More pictures to follow later this evening guys
Shadow...I understand about the V6 vs.V8 thing. You did what most of us would have done as well.---although----she was pretty and a head turner for sure...
Old 04-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
Shadow Camaro

Thanks aqua. Yeah I miss her for sure but I'm more than happy with the 2SS.

I'll be posting some more pictures soon guys once I get home from drill.