Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-05-2024, 10:03 PM   #1
Back In Time

Drives: ‘10 1SS RS aqua blue metallic.
Trunk release issue

‘10 SS trunk won’t open from fob or door button. Fob works for everything else, lock unlock doors. When using either fob or button on door a clicking noise is heard. I adjusted the bumper height hip and down to no avail. I read it may be the # 23 trunk fuse in box in left side dash. Any help appreciated. I did read the previous posts on this site about these issues but I didn’t figure anything out from those. Thanks !!
Old 05-06-2024, 12:46 AM   #2
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Mine got to where it wouldn't open so I replaced the battery and greased the latch, and it started working again.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 01:30 AM   #3
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
Sorry to hear about that. Mine has the same issue, I just tied a string to the emergency release on the inside of the trunk and made sure its long enough to go over the back seat so I can grab it any time I want to open the trunk, its been like that for 3 months now.

Last time I went to the shop, we checked the fuses, relays and it seems that the solenoid is working too, its something in the wires between of the relay and solenoid. When I get some free time I'll work on solving the issue. If I get it working, I'll share it here too.
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 03:19 AM   #4
4200SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Is there a good cable kit or different car cable that can be installed into the cabin? I have a battery disconnect and want to extend the cable to an easy to reach area.
4200SS is offline   Reply With Quote