Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-19-2008, 06:06 PM   #155
1stCamaro

Drives: 07 335i cp 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stCamaro View Post
Nissan is charging 30k over MSRP. I'll be surprised if anyone pays 5k over sticker.

PS: Black/Black SS for me
Sorry fellows I was referring to the Nissan GTR
1stCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:55 PM   #156
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
Mi guess is that once the camaro convertible comes out the prices will most definitely be better at least for the V6 , I don't know about the SS ? It just depends how many units GM plans on making.

Last edited by Caliman93230; 08-19-2008 at 06:57 PM. Reason: n/a
Caliman93230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:04 PM   #157
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
There will be dealers that will sell the camaro at MSRP..or below when it is first introduced. See the thread for some of them

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:43 PM   #158
dimitri

Drives: 06 M5/04 350Z
iam here in philly area and spoke with about 8 dealers and two said they will mark above msrp the rest said you cant mark up a car which will produce over 80,000 units i put my name on there list and see what happens
dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:52 PM   #159
dimitri

Drives: 06 M5/04 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
Well.....won't happen here. Anybody that knows any better won't flop over to the blue oval that easy. I wouldn't get a Ford if they were giving them away. Chevys have always been a couple thousand more than a comparable Ford vehicle and I believe they are worth it. And "you get what you pay for". I have no problem paying a couple thousand more because its always been that way. People who switch brands just because "the other one didn't have a passenger cup holder" or "this ones a prettier color" are just clueless.
Well said !!!
dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:34 AM   #160
chevysalesman

Drives: V8
Pricing and Availability

For starters I want to point out that the Gm Reps are saying that the production will most likely be 35% V8 and 65% V6 Will that have an affect on price gouging? Probably, also only sold orders are accepted right now no allocated units for inventory so the opportunity is all yours and on top of that the only gougin I have seen is about $2500 not a whole lot to be the first!!!
And the first buyers are also company's and collectors not your typicall consumer and this should also help the dealers, salespeople, and GM!
I have a meeting tomorrow with an aftermarket company who will be purchasing a V8 model from me to use to Fabricate aftermarket products for the accesories market!!! I look forward to the Camaro and Not to concerned with price for that will take care of itself. I am a salary Salesman and my dealership does fair deals market based!!! we meet or beat deals every day!!
Feel free to e-mail jakins@paceauto.net
chevysalesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:38 AM   #161
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevysalesman View Post
For starters I want to point out that the Gm Reps are saying that the production will most likely be 35% V8 and 65% V6 Will that have an affect on price gouging? Probably, also only sold orders are accepted right now no allocated units for inventory so the opportunity is all yours and on top of that the only gougin I have seen is about $2500 not a whole lot to be the first!!!
And the first buyers are also company's and collectors not your typicall consumer and this should also help the dealers, salespeople, and GM!
I have a meeting tomorrow with an aftermarket company who will be purchasing a V8 model from me to use to Fabricate aftermarket products for the accesories market!!! I look forward to the Camaro and Not to concerned with price for that will take care of itself. I am a salary Salesman and my dealership does fair deals market based!!! we meet or beat deals every day!!

ANYTHING over MSRP is gouging in my opinion. and the dealers that are doing it should be boycotted. but you always have those customers that will pay anything to have one of the first ones, so as long as those people are out there dealers will mark them up to whatever people will pay...

I say if your dealer wats more than MSRP for ANY car.. Walk off the lot and never go back. call around, there will be dealers selling for MSRP.. I guarentee it..
Old 10-29-2008, 04:07 AM   #162
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevysalesman View Post
This however may change due to the number of V8 sold orders there are from enthusiasts. I would expect it to be close to that after it hits the dealer lots and people can go see them.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:51 AM   #163
Lloyd LeBaron

Drives: 1985 irocz
I need to vent. I hate price gouging and sales men.

here are the facts that I discovered before i ordered my 2ss/rs

Paying anything over MSRP will Not guarantee you will have the first Camaro. Being first to order at your dealer will Not guarantee you will get yours first either, think about it why would they put one camaro on a 10 car carrier just for you. the pre order limit dealers get are just a pre order limit and does not reflect production run numbers. this will be a high volume production run expect 100k or more produced, They are competing with the mustang after all. Expect to see a lot of traded in used mustangs in Chevy lots.

I payed MSRP for mine after a little discussion with the dealer. He wanted 5k over msrp, I told him what i knew and he then asked me what he had to do to get me in the car today. I told him I'll pay MSRP and to take the 5k extra off the price, He said that was "ridiculous" and i thanked him for agreeing with me. lol he then gave me the "ill go talk to my manager" line, came back and gave it to me for MSRP.
Lloyd LeBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:04 AM   #164
Foster26

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM 6SP CGRS #9761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd LeBaron View Post
I need to vent. I hate price gouging and sales men.

here are the facts that I discovered before i ordered my 2ss/rs

Paying anything over MSRP will Not guarantee you will have the first Camaro. Being first to order at your dealer will Not guarantee you will get yours first either, think about it why would they put one camaro on a 10 car carrier just for you. the pre order limit dealers get are just a pre order limit and does not reflect production run numbers. this will be a high volume production run expect 100k or more produced, They are competing with the mustang after all. Expect to see a lot of traded in used mustangs in Chevy lots.

I payed MSRP for mine after a little discussion with the dealer. He wanted 5k over msrp, I told him what i knew and he then asked me what he had to do to get me in the car today. I told him I'll pay MSRP and to take the 5k extra off the price, He said that was "ridiculous" and i thanked him for agreeing with me. lol he then gave me the "ill go talk to my manager" line, came back and gave it to me for MSRP.
Did you actually order the car and get an order number? Did you get a copy of the GM workbench order? I would make certain you have this. IMO, this scenario will almost guarantee you that your car will be one of the last they order. If I were you, I would certainly look for a dealer that has a very strong reputation, is willing to sell at MSRP, and still has available allocations. This dealer obviously wants to make additional profit from marking them up so don't be surprised if other orders are placed ahead of yours. Believe me, there are good, honost dealers out there who want nothing more than sell as many Camaros as possible at a fair price while earning potential loyal satisfied customers. Not saying this dealer is not honost, just saying it appears they want to make a high profit on their first allocations.
Foster26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:17 AM   #165
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I walked into Koons Chevy in Tyson's Corner Va last week to check out the IOM color. They had 20 Camaro's listed on the dry erase board. The first 7 were listed at MSRP, then the price over MSRP went up from there. They had a few circled as ordered. One was listed at 10K over MSRP and the other at 20K over MSRP. I believe 4 of the 7 listed at MSRP were circled as preordered.

I know people out there have money, but what would someone need to tell you to part with 10/20k over what the Manufacturer has recommended?

Are people that clueless on fair value, or that desperate to be the first?

I have my 2 SS/RSS IOM on order. I ordered in the first few day. I cancelled my first order and re-ordered with a dealer who was being fair and selling for MSRP only.

I could not imagine paying out 20K in addition to the actual MSRP for this vehicle!
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:20 PM   #166
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
I know people out there have money, but what would someone need to tell you to part with 10/20k over what the Manufacturer has recommended?

Are people that clueless on fair value, or that desperate to be the first?
I could not imagine paying out 20K in addition to the actual MSRP for this vehicle!
Wow, I don't understand it either, every saved dime I have is into having the Camaro at MSRP... 10K to 20K?? Especially at times like these? I gotta imagine those over MSRP willing to pay it....will be very, very few. The rest of us know better, I know they are hurting for customers but don't they know that we're fighting for every saved dime to even get one?

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:01 AM   #167
Lloyd LeBaron

Drives: 1985 irocz
I have a 6 digit number. not sure what the GM workbench order is
Lloyd LeBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #168
Riles

Drives: Cadillac CTS
That's how I'd run my business. With the current state of affairs at GM I think a little price gouging will go a long way to increase customer confidence in the company. Are you kidding me? Why would anyone give over sticker on a car their going to make a million of. It's a Camaro and the lots will be full of them in a few months and they will be begging to get rid of them. Cool car, but come on...over sticker? Get real.
Riles is offline   Reply With Quote