Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #15
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Consider this: Over 33 percent of the ZL1 is re-engineered - meaning that there are a lot of new parts and those parts are provided by suppliers. One does not go out to, say, a Home Depot and purchase these parts and components - rather, they have to be specifically engineered for the car - and then turned over to suppliers to produce for production cars. They have to pass validation - they have to meet rigorous quality standards - and when this all gets said and done - we determine what the costs are for those pieces and components......it's not simple and it's not easy.

We are diligently working on pricing.

We are not trying to be annoying.

Some things take time.............

.........and things that bring you "Ultra-Grin" are well worth waiting for......

soooooooooooo...as my friend would say:

Old 11-01-2011, 03:16 PM   #16
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
One does not go out to, say, a Home Depot and purchase these parts and components
What about an Auto Zone?

Old 11-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #17
PSP-SS

Drives: 11 Tahoe LTZ, 10 Camaro 2SS-THR #12
There has to be a ball park figure. They should release that.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:38 PM   #18
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP-SS View Post
There has to be a ball park figure. They should release that.
why would we do that? The ballpark could be as large as Heinz Field or PNC park -- or then again the size of a small baseball diamond at North Park. (I'm from Pittsburgh...)

Again - we don't mean to be irritating - but we won't release a price until we're certain.

Getting behind the wheel of a ZL1 will be worth the wait.

Are you planning on purchasing one and if so, which dealer?
Old 11-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #19
chd1

Drives: 68rs/69z28/2010 2SSRS-callaway
upwards of $60,000 out the door
Old 11-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #20
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
I think that most understand that determining pricing is a time consuming and complex process. However, the question is still a valid one, and that is, regardless of how long it takes to determine pricing, why is ordering possible before pricing is announced? Why not announce pricing before ordering begins? There may be a valid reason, but it hasn't been stated.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
Old 11-01-2011, 03:52 PM   #21
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Almost since the dawn of time, if not Henry Ford, it is NOT uncommon to have to initially order next year's vehicles quite some time before "official" price announcement. Has been so...will be so...
Old 11-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #22
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
I would guess the price will based on the amount of pre-orders
But this could easily backfire. Let's say based on the assumption that the starting MSRP for a ZL1 COUPE is $50k many have already pre-ordered. So then Chevy Executives sit around and say "well look guys we have already "SOLD" 75% of our MY 2012 allocation...let's bump up the MSRP to $55k and release this knowledge to the public."
Well $5k to some people is alot so now those preorders will sit on dealer lots once they arrive and technically GM hasn't sold $hit...

just my $.02...I think they should just release the price and get it over with so people can make a decision on whether or not they can financially afford a ZL1 at this particular time in their lives and plan their next move accordingly...C'mon is the end of November yet?
Old 11-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #23
chd1

Drives: 68rs/69z28/2010 2SSRS-callaway
because people that want something dont want it because of how much it cost they want it for how it looks how fast it is and hundreds of other reasons now getting it depends on the price.. if you want it buy it at least that was my feeling when i bough mine sight unseen as well as price .. If you have to ask how much you probably caint afford it.. either you want it or not . if you want it buy it if not get off the pot because lots will be sold
Old 11-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #24
PSP-SS

Drives: 11 Tahoe LTZ, 10 Camaro 2SS-THR #12
Quote:
why would we do that? The ballpark could be as large as Heinz Field or PNC park -- or then again the size of a small baseball diamond at North Park. (I'm from Pittsburgh...)

Again - we don't mean to be irritating - but we won't release a price until we're certain.

All depends on price I suppose. I give credit to those ordering without knowing the price. Would be Tom Henry. Got my 2010 there. All this Camaro5 speculation is fun but I think it ads to the wanting to know now.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #25
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:

SHUT UP?!!? How cool you mention North Park!!!! I used to feed the geese in North Park when I was a youngster. I don't know if I ever mentioned to you that I used to live in Pittsburgh.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #26
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chd1 View Post
because people that want something dont want it because of how much it cost they want it for how it looks how fast it is and hundreds of other reasons now getting it depends on the price.. if you want it buy it at least that was my feeling when i bough mine sight unseen as well as price .. If you have to ask how much you probably caint afford it.. either you want it or not . if you want it buy it if not get off the pot because lots will be sold
Please do not quote this like it is a yacht or a fine piece of jewelry,,,, the price means alot to people in this case, because it is borderline for some of us and we want it but we are also smart enough to realize we cannot break our "personal banks" because it is out of range. Some of us have to ask and that is the smart thing to do. The word is can't not caint.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:05 PM   #27
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
I agree. I could make it work and swing a $50k car... If its up to 60+ no way.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #28
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
It's NOT a "secret" that pricing is to be announced Nov. 15. That would be 2 weeks out. Dealers ordering their 2012 initial inventory started that process back in the spring...and '12 prices, generally, followed some time down the road.

This is NOT a "new process". Seems to me when orders opened in the fall of '08 for '10 Camaros, final pricing was still "to be announced"...

Closed Thread