Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Old 01-14-2012, 12:54 AM   #71
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolik1 View Post
This thread is hilarious...Drake - don't feel the need to justify yourself - for what?

3-piece wheels (like Asanti) can cost $10+ K with sizing, color matching, extra "lip", etc... so what's the big deal about what he (Drake) spent. A guy in my hometown dropped $30K for some custom Asantis for his lambo (wheels, tires, hardware) - so what?

I REALLY hope the ZL1 wheels aren't that high. They are pretty nice...
there not but they are costly when it comes to tires :/
Old 01-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #72
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr02Z/28 View Post
Drake is a frickin' trip..... Who the F**k would dare put $10,000 on a Credit Card ??? simpleton.. on top of it, pay it off it a few months ???
What exactly is wrong with putting 10k or more on a credit card? If you pay it off before interest is charged and earn cash back in the process it is a win-win. I buy everything I can with my credit cards for this reason. I've put 3000 down (the max my dealer allowed) on a car before too.

dougshelbyengineering.com

www.facebook.com/dougshelbyengineering

www.instagram.com/dougshelbyengineering
IOMZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:37 PM   #73
iJac

Drives: Future Camao5 owner
Ha! Keep doin what your doin drake! Their the same old bastards that are saying our generation has a sense of entitlement... I'd call it greed, for a higher learning. Back to the wheels, I would be inclined to check multiple dealers for them ssx's. Mine quoted ball park of $800.
iJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:01 AM   #74
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
Wow... mommy and daddy? did you know you can join the military at 18? yea thats what i did and i bank with the best bank yes best 40 years running USAA... which gave me a platnium card starting out... why? why you ask? bc they know soldiers are fixed income so they know if your disciplined you will pay it... im 22 and got my AMEX 2 years ago... and good income to me is no less than 100k a year... which i make well over... how? how is this possible you ask? simply i was going to school while in the military(yes rare I know)... now i currently work for Veterans Administration and paid very well... i currently hold a B.A. in psychology and about to pick up my masters(masters yes thats rare too) I surpass kids my age yes 22 year olds despite the fact thats my age are just unsuccessful so I call them kids... Im grown
No need to justify anything man but damn!!! That is amazing
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:02 AM   #75
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJac View Post
Ha! Keep doin what your doin drake! Their the same old bastards that are saying our generation has a sense of entitlement... I'd call it greed, for a higher learning. Back to the wheels, I would be inclined to check multiple dealers for them ssx's. Mine quoted ball park of $800.
Is that just for the wheels? Thats not too bad.
I have a feeling we'll see some sets for sale in the classified section by next winter for those who can wait
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 01-16-2012, 01:32 AM   #76
iJac

Drives: Future Camao5 owner
Yea that's the wheels only. The tires are a lil scawy for me, Midwest gets perty cold round this time of year.
iJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:36 AM   #77
TJ91

Quote:
Yea that's the wheels only. The tires are a lil scawy for me, Midwest gets perty cold round this time of year.
Yeah would hate to pay soo much only to have them crack.
If I were to get these, I would probably go with some nittos or something cheaper
Old 01-16-2012, 10:32 AM   #78
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
I'm calling BS. I work for the federal government and this doesn't pass the smell test.

More power to you if true Drake, but I'm honestly going to say I have my doubts.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #79
PSP-SS

Drives: 11 Tahoe LTZ, 10 Camaro 2SS-THR #12
My wheels came with the car. No need to but extras.
PSP-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #80
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
Drake still thinks that the "chrome" wheels weren't even real.... They were just "plated"...... Lost all credibilitiy... Doesn't even know that any type of "chrome" on wheels Is a "plating" and actually the "chroming" is actually kind of clear, it's the Nickel that gives it a "shine"... $10,000 on wheels, LMFAO..
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #81
Drake Heminger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Thx bro! (:
Old 01-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #82
Drake Heminger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
I'm calling BS. I work for the federal government and this doesn't pass the smell test.

More power to you if true Drake, but I'm honestly going to say I have my doubts.
This includes my disability from the VA... yes in fact its not 100k but if you include my severance and my disability... its add up also... its not taxable... sorry i didnt include that as well...
Old 01-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #83
Drake Heminger

Quote:
Thx bro! (:
Old 01-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #84
Harley1

Drives: Ahh....DCB F29
This just keeps getting better...
Harley1 is offline   Reply With Quote