Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
Kodis16

Drives: Red 2010 camaro 2ss
audio info

i want to get audio and fast i want it to be as loud and clear as i can with a great sub that hits hard with all music and very clear and money isnt to much of an option but the main thing is I WANT TO KEEP MY STOCK HEAD UNIT!! is this possible and if so whats your input on all the system
Kodis16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #2
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodis16 View Post
i want to get audio and fast. i want it to be as loud and clear as i can with a great sub that hits hard with all music and very clear and money isnt to much of an option. but the main thing is I WANT TO KEEP MY STOCK HEAD UNIT!! is this possible and if so whats your input on all the system?
Do you have the BA system in your car, or is it the stock sound system?

If it is the BA system, you could look into this by ********:

http://********.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Su...New-clone.html

Here's the related thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129862
Old 03-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
Kodis16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
Do you have the BA system in your car, or is it the stock sound system?

If it is the BA system, you could look into this by ********:

http://********.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Su...New-clone.html

Here's the related thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129862
well i havent changed any audio but what is the BA system is it a differant stoc system?
Old 03-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
MoeIv

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
The BA system is the boston acoustics it comes with the 2LT/2SS
MoeIv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS A/T
Send a message via MSN to camarograna2
Stock head unit???? You will clip my friend. Go to audio shops to find your speakers and please get a head unit otherwise clippidi clip clip clip at level 35
Old 03-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #6
Kodis16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeIv View Post
The BA system is the boston acoustics it comes with the 2LT/2SS
oh yes i do have this system i have the 2ss
Old 03-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #7
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarograna2 View Post
Stock head unit???? You will clip my friend. Go to audio shops to find your speakers and please get a head unit otherwise clippidi clip clip clip at level 35
Why you say this? You dont need to replace the head unit to make a system sound good , be clear, and be loud. If tuned correctly and using good amps you will not clip at 35 using aftermarket speakers
Old 03-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #8
SRFnSNO

Drives: Blown & Flamed
Kept stock Head unit,Speakers and Amp. BA in my 2ss
Added:
Audson bit 0ne processor
Audison Amp LRx 5.1
Audisom 10" Thesis sub
SRFnSNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #9
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

I didnt compromise like others. OP says money is no issue so he should make sure he has no limitations. Any head unit will give u issues but keeping it stock lowers your result. Perhaps your definition of sounding good differs than mine :( hope no one gets offended. I just been there and done that so I know what I didn't like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
Why you say this? You dont need to replace the head unit to make a system sound good , be clear, and be loud. If tuned correctly and using good amps you will not clip at 35 using aftermarket speakers
Old 03-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #10
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
I didnt compromise like others. OP says money is no issue so he should make sure he has no limitations. Any head unit will give u issues but keeping it stock lowers your result. Perhaps your definition of sounding good differs than mine :( hope no one gets offended. I just been there and done that so I know what I didn't like.
I agree with this. I've never heard a system with a stock head unit that I considered as "good". Definitely not "clean". "Better than stock"... yeah I'll buy that. Especially if money is no issue... pick yourself up a quality head unit. IMO, that is the single biggest improvement one can make to an audio system.
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #11
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Quote:

Not offended, It's just not what you said. Is aftermarket better with greater results. Sure it is, but todays stock head units are alot better than what they used to be and if connected properly with quality amps, processors, etc they can be pretty close. I believe there was a IASCA world champ running a stock head unit. The thread is here somewhere.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #12
SRFnSNO

Drives: Blown & Flamed
This is what the bit 1 is for to clean up the output of the head unit; Stock or aftermarket. You download the software to a Laptop and plug it into the bit one and have a full 32 ban digital eq and Phase adjustment per Channel.
I have 6 channels on my system
http://www.audison.eu/index.php?page=products
SRFnSNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #13
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

So what does money is not an option mean for the OP lol. I guess we can all recommend based on how much money to spend. Shoot I dropped 9k on mine and still want more!!
Old 03-21-2012, 02:46 PM   #14
Zach@ExtremePerformance

Drives: not a Camaro :(
If money isn't an option, drive it on down (or put it on a truck and fly...) to the shop Mobile Electronics mag, manufacturers, reps, and other shops acknowledged Retailer of the Year for 2011. We can make it sound spectacular, make it look how you want (and even make it faster if desired!).

You CAN get very good sound out of a stock headunit, Todd Crowder (the TCA Camaro that has been shown on here) proved that. And there are a lot of good counter-EQ processors for integrating stock radios. Do be aware, though, that a counter-EQ (Cleansweep DSP, and the section of the Audison Bits, Rockford 360 series, etc) provides a flatter signal (it doesn't always flatten it entirely, depending on how much equalization the stock system has) it cannot restore lost detail or information. Fortunately most stock radios have gotten somewhat better than the old days.
Zach@ExtremePerformance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio head unit subs