Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 10-31-2011, 12:34 PM   #365
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
NO, and I keep teasing him about it too.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:10 PM   #366
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I need to look into that. I need to be sure it won't mess up the epoxy when I apply it.

I've also thought about polishing the concrete???
If you are going to epoxy eventually, I wouldn't touch the floor, especially any type of sealer. Epoxy won't stick to the sealer so anything you put down would have to be chemically stripped. And having done this in my last house I can tell you it isn't something you want to do. If you want to protect the floors in the interim I would look into something like this. That will keep you from having to clean up a bunch of oil spots or doing any major damage to the floors.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:13 PM   #367
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
If you are going to epoxy eventually, I wouldn't touch the floor, especially any type of sealer. Epoxy won't stick to the sealer so anything you put down would have to be chemically stripped. And having done this in my last house I can tell you it isn't something you want to do. If you want to protect the floors in the interim I would look into something like this. That will keep you from having to clean up a bunch of oil spots or doing any major damage to the floors.
Good info there. I didn't know that.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:14 PM   #368
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Roger that,

I'm gonna etch the floor before I do the epoxy anyway... just to be sure the epoxy bonds well.

so, any messes I make in the mean time should com up with the etching... but I may throw down some mats like that just to keep the floors as clean as possible in the mean time.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #369
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Roger that,

I'm gonna etch the floor before I do the epoxy anyway... just to be sure the epoxy bonds well.

so, any messes I make in the mean time should com up with the etching... but I may throw down some mats like that just to keep the floors as clean as possible in the mean time.

Good call. I noticed that the new kits I just got for the garage now come with etching solution. The old kits didn't. Definitely want to do the etching either way to ensure a good strong bond. It is also good to wash the entire garage with Dawn before you do the etching. It gets rid of any surface grease that you may not even see.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:20 PM   #370
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Good call. I noticed that the new kits I just got for the garage now come with etching solution. The old kits didn't. Definitely want to do the etching either way to ensure a good strong bond. It is also good to wash the entire garage with Dawn before you do the etching. It gets rid of any surface grease that you may not even see.
you know what??? you're all right in my book...

Old 10-31-2011, 02:22 PM   #371
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
you know what??? you're all right in my book...

Finally!
Old 10-31-2011, 02:24 PM   #372
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Oh stop it...
Old 10-31-2011, 06:55 PM   #373
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Oh boy..... He's writing a book.....

Is Randy in it?
Old 11-14-2011, 10:44 PM   #374
GTAHVIT
Blessed

OK First Garage Mod...

Installed the first of two Jack Shaft garage Door openers.

Liftmaster 3800 Residential Jackshaft Opener

It was pretty easy to install, The only tricky part was the cable tension lever. they use it to shut off the opener if the cable comes off the reel... but it's a bitch to find a spot for it that doesn't obstruct the door movement.

But other than that it is pretty easy to get installed and dialed in. I got the optional automatic door locks also.

The second opener is set to arrive tomorrow.
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2011, 05:51 AM   #375
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I've never seen an opener like that. Nice space saver.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:22 AM   #376
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Chris you will love that Garage door opener. I just had two of the exact same Liftmaster openers installed in my detached garage

when I saw it being installed I was wondering WTF is that lol but then with the heigth of my ceilings I guess I can see why they used it rather than one hanging from the ceiling.

Very Good opener quiet also.

Glad to See THR22 has a awsome place to sleep now lol

and as you know we just got done 3 months ago building our house and Garare

" yes the spending stops soon or later " LOL I kept asking myself that question over and over and over.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #377
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I've never seen an opener like that. Nice space saver.
I had to use this opener due to the trey we cut into the ceiling. A traditional opener would be in the way of the lift.

Plus like what JnH said.. these are so quiet.

I attached a pic so you can see the trey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
Chris you will love that Garage door opener. I just had two of the exact same Liftmaster openers installed in my detached garage

when I saw it being installed I was wondering WTF is that lol but then with the heigth of my ceilings I guess I can see why they used it rather than one hanging from the ceiling.

Very Good opener quiet also.

Glad to See THR22 has a awsome place to sleep now lol

and as you know we just got done 3 months ago building our house and Garare

" yes the spending stops soon or later " LOL I kept asking myself that question over and over and over.
Yeah... I'm slowly getting the interior sorted out... In a few months I should be able to get the garage fired back up.

Attached Images

Old 11-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #378
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Wow that's a super cool opener! Never seen that before. Save space for the kegerator, it's a "must have"!!

J

Sent from my payphone using carrier pigeons.