Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 08-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #337
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
It looks awesome. But be careful of Chris. He will use it like a urinal at a Frat party...
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #338
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
It looks awesome. But be careful of Chris. He will use it like a urinal at a Frat party...
More like a sailor on a port visit...

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #339
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #340
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
All..... I've been to the house. Layout is awesome. Chris did a good job in having some things that I might have overlooked taken care of. Garage is bigger in person than it looks. I'd be proud to live in that house.

And the air conditioner is cooooold.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:41 PM   #341
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post

The decorating team approves the use of neutral colors on the walls... We can match that with almost anything!
He's gonna be sooo surprised! don't forget the "two two"
Old 08-16-2011, 07:49 PM   #342
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Waiting patiently for some updates.....
Old 08-17-2011, 02:56 PM   #343
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:

Hey that's not funny and I am offended that you would think a Navy person would do that.... wait a minute I do remember doing stuff like that on a port visit, many times. Never mind, carry on.

Are you going to AC the garage? I did mine with a mini-split system and I put it in myself. Works great, and keeps the garage nice and cold when working on the cars.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #344
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatiaJockey View Post
Waiting patiently for some updates.....
Sorry!!!

so busy unpacking.... Not much going on in the garage. Luckily we've successfully kept all the mess OUT of the garage..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
Hey that's not funny and I am offended that you would think a Navy person would do that.... wait a minute I do remember doing stuff like that on a port visit, many times. Never mind, carry on.

Are you going to AC the garage? I did mine with a mini-split system and I put it in myself. Works great, and keeps the garage nice and cold when working on the cars.
interesting??? never heard of that... got links? or pics?
Old 08-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #345
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:

Quote:
Sorry!!!

so busy unpacking.... Not much going on in the garage. Luckily we've successfully kept all the mess OUT of the garage..

interesting??? never heard of that... got links? or pics?
I have heard lots of good things about these Mitsubishi units. Looks like lots of good info here too.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:10 PM   #346
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

I put a 2 Ton Friedrich Ductless Split Systems in my 400 sq ft garage, yes it is overkill but being in AZ it works just right. The one I got is just AC only, but you can get ones that do both AC/Heat, and also have multiple head units with just one compressor. This would be good in your garage since it is larger. Here is the link:
http://www.friedrich.com/products/co...-split-systems

There are also other manufactures like Mitsubishi but if you do a Googel for mini-split or ductless AC systems you wil find a bunch.

I got mine for $1,800 delivered to my house. It is easy to install, and only requires a 4" hole in the garage wall to get all the wiring, AC lines from the head unit to the compressor outside. I also got it priced out by a normal installer and they wanted over $5K for the same thing.

Let me know if you need any other info. I will post up some pics tonight when I get home to show you what mine looks like.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:11 PM   #347
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
I put a 2 Ton Friedrich Ductless Split Systems in my 400 sq ft garage, yes it is overkill but being in AZ it works just right. The one I got is just AC only, but you can get ones that do both AC/Heat, and also have multiple head units with just one compressor. This would be good in your garage since it is larger. Here is the link:
http://www.friedrich.com/products/co...-split-systems

There are also other manufactures like Mitsubishi but if you do a Googel for mini-split or ductless AC systems you wil find a bunch.

I got mine for $1,800 delivered to my house. It is easy to install, and only requires a 4" hole in the garage wall to get all the wiring, AC lines from the head unit to the compressor outside. I also got it priced out by a normal installer and they wanted over $5K for the same thing.

Let me know if you need any other info. I will post up some pics tonight when I get home to show you what mine looks like.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #348
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Just yankin your chain, hope you love the new pad, sure looks awesome!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:42 PM   #349
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Mini-split AC System

Chris, Here is a pic of the head unit. The only thing I would say is make yours at the 7 ft level that they recommended. I made mine at a lower level so I can clean the filters easier, and I did not want to rearrange all the shelving. I have included the pics of the AC lines outside the house and of the AC compressor on its concrete pad.
Attached Images

Last edited by GearHeadPeter; 08-18-2011 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Added new pics of Mini-split AC System
Old 08-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #350
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Looking awesome Chris! Cannot wait to see some cleaner pics...

what was this talk about a bowtie in the floor? I am pouring my floor in about 2 weeks and you just got my wheels turning!@!!

I am thinking a 3x6ft stainless steel bowtie outline in the concrete . hahah