Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-11-2010, 12:09 AM   #43
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by shevyman View Post
don't know how many times i tell people its not always about power. if you have a 4000lb car with 500hp and a 2300lb car with 300hp i will put the money on the less hp and lbs. so i would have to say the rsx will win.

example i was driving my dads 2005 dodge ram 1500 hemi and i was messing with a friend at work who drives a 95 camaro v6 with little mods. he is guessing 230hp cause the car stock was 225. so with mods 230 maybe a little less. and our truck is pushing 345hp 345tq well i lost. no i am not dumb for racing the truck we did a pull to 60 and stoped just for fun. but have to admit kept up pretty good

safe race. was done on an empty road by the rail yard. no people no cars except for us
I agree... weight plays a HUGE factor... i went up driving a stock ls3 vs a ~620hp bentley continental gt supersports v12 TT and around 600tq and AWD... he got me out the box (they hav 0-60s in less than 4 sec..~3.8/9) and pulled a car length in fornt of me while my car's rear end was messing around and then just at the end of second gear i was back almost nose to nose and caught him before the tarmac ran out...

weight plays a BIG difference... i did that and i am a relative Noob and i doubt my launch was anywhere near good letalong perfect...
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:26 PM   #44
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
It's the principle here. Even if that Acura was making 400 whp, it's still an Acura and my modded Yard Machine mower sounds better. I'd take the Camaro
REEFBLUE93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:03 PM   #45
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH View Post
You have got to be silly to think an SS, even with decent driver could possibly lose to an acura rsx(300hp). I mean, god, sure the car is light, but think about this......426 horses,...420 torque. The RSX would get murdered at the high-end,...quick. Add some more rearwheel hp and it's possible it could pull it off,.....but at 300 no.

SERIOUSLY..........
Jee-sus.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #46
cmiller8006

Drives: 2009 Cobalt SS/TC
To Mr. Clutch you are the type of muscle car guys that need to have an open mind. Your the ones that go holy f*ck when the little four banger is walking you, and your left trying to figure out what just happened.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #47
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
I respect anything that is fast.

I use to have a hellified fast little DOHC 4 cylinder. Although it only had 2 tires.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #48
cmiller8006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
I respect anything that is fast.

I use to have a hellified fast little DOHC 4 cylinder. Although it only had 2 tires.
2 wheelers are a whole different ball game lol.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:54 PM   #49
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
300whp Acura for the win on this one
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:25 PM   #50
gtrpryde

Drives: 03 Evo 8, 93 KAT S13
From a roll the RSX is going to win, period. Maybe at 120mph+ the Camaro will catch it...

From a dig it would be a drivers race, as the RSX will have launching issues.

To say a car will lose because it's an import vs muscle is ignorant and proves how little you know about cars
gtrpryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #51
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
I should clarify on what I was talking about in reference to the car being an Acura. I don't want to get grouped in with some people that are not aware of what some of these little 4 cyl cars can do. I liken the sound of a hopped up 4 cyl at WOT to that of several small children screaming inside of a large room with tile floors and non insulated walls. That's just my opinion. As for which car would win, I believe the 4 banger would have it out of the hole as long as he doesn't smoke the tires and wheel hop all the way to the 60 ft mark but it should be a pretty good race.
REEFBLUE93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:35 PM   #52
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrpryde View Post
From a roll the RSX is going to win, period. Maybe at 120mph+ the Camaro will catch it...

From a dig it would be a drivers race, as the RSX will have launching issues.

To say a car will lose because it's an import vs muscle is ignorant and proves how little you know about cars
Muscle always wins.
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:17 PM   #53
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARMY View Post
Muscle always wins.
i agree, but in this case the RSX is the one packing more muscle.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:52 PM   #54
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiller8006 View Post
To Mr. Clutch you are the type of muscle car guys that need to have an open mind. Your the ones that go holy f*ck when the little four banger is walking you, and your left trying to figure out what just happened.
Oh wait,....now your judging me? I don't have an open mind just because I don't share the same opinion as you? Wow. THAT...is ignorant. It's not that I don't have an "open mind", it's simply that I refuse to believe a 300hp acura would ever beat a Camaro SS running 426 horsepower and 420 torque.

I just feel like you've got to be wearing a tin-foil hat to think a Camaro SS would lose to that car. People say "turbo charged" or "all wheel drive", and muscle car owners are suppose to run for the hills? I wish we could stop bench-racing and see this match up and put all the talk to rest. I'm willing to bet, when the Camaro hits 100mph and up,....it's over. Some people honestly think the SS is slouch; more like power-house.

And just for your need to know, I could have less if I got beat by ANY other car,....it's all fun for me. I've ran with corvette grand-sports, mustangs, TransAms, LOTS of sports cars, but whether I won or lost, it was the "fun of the run" that counted for me. It made me feel good; you know running against competition. It just gives you a feeling that for me is irreplaceable. I'm far from a person who would go ape $hit if they lost a race to otherwise-faster car. If a greatly modded Honda pulled up, and wanted to run me, and actually beat me, I'd laugh myself to death and give him a congratulation on successfully modding that box on wheels to beat a high horsepower muscle car.

Sorry, I need to see it to believe it, until then....
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:11 PM   #55
cmiller8006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH View Post
Oh wait,....now your judging me? I don't have an open mind just because I don't share the same opinion as you? Wow. THAT...is ignorant. It's not that I don't have an "open mind", it's simply that I refuse to believe a 300hp acura would ever beat a Camaro SS running 426 horsepower and 420 torque.

I just feel like you've got to be wearing a tin-foil hat to think a Camaro SS would lose to that car. People say "turbo charged" or "all wheel drive", and muscle car owners are suppose to run for the hills? I wish we could stop bench-racing and see this match up and put all the talk to rest. I'm willing to bet, when the Camaro hits 100mph and up,....it's over. Some people honestly think the SS is slouch; more like power-house.

And just for your need to know, I could have less if I got beat by ANY other car,....it's all fun for me. I've ran with corvette grand-sports, mustangs, TransAms, LOTS of sports cars, but whether I won or lost, it was the "fun of the run" that counted for me. It made me feel good; you know running against competition. It just gives you a feeling that for me is irreplaceable. I'm far from a person who would go ape $hit if they lost a race to otherwise-faster car. If a greatly modded Honda pulled up, and wanted to run me, and actually beat me, I'd laugh myself to death and give him a congratulation on successfully modding that box on wheels to beat a high horsepower muscle car.

Sorry, I need to see it to believe it, until then....
See, you say 300hp, thats prolly at the wheels, and 426 is at the crank for the camaro. What is that 380 for the camaro at the wheels and then 1000 lbs more weight. I dont know the car but if someone put a turbo on it, it is likey to still pull up top just as hard as it pulled before 100. I love running whoever wants to waste gas with me so I am like you in that respect but you need to come out from behind the curtain and look at the stats man. Now it comes down to driver, can the rsx driver drive? I would also like to find this out.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #56
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiller8006 View Post
See, you say 300hp, thats prolly at the wheels, and 426 is at the crank for the camaro. What is that 380 for the camaro at the wheels and then 1000 lbs more weight. I dont know the car but if someone put a turbo on it, it is likey to still pull up top just as hard as it pulled before 100. I love running whoever wants to waste gas with me so I am like you in that respect but you need to come out from behind the curtain and look at the stats man. Now it comes down to driver, can the rsx driver drive? I would also like to find this out.
Anyone can get a 4banger run 500 psi and beat anything.

What's your point?
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote