Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-24-2009, 10:42 PM   #85
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
I read this while at work and I was dying to post but didnt get time. I cant tell you how sad and ashamed I felt reading fBodfather's words. Look at the insight we were given and look how we took it for granted.

Don't feel ashamed!

Here's a thought for everyone to keep in mind:

When the executives at Chevy were working on the first Camaro -- it was originally going to be called "Panther" --

But all names for Chevrolet 'series' started with a "C" (Chevelle, Chevy II, Corvette, Corvair........)

Over two thousand names were looked at............

....and there was this one word -- found in a 1935 Edition of "Heath's French to English Dictionary" --

Camaro: "Friend, pal, or comrade" --

.....and if we just keep the thought in mind that we are all friends here -- and we think about how we'd want to be treated BY a friend.......I think we can get rid of the animosity that sometimes pops up...........

fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:49 PM   #86
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Yeah, it is hard to keep up with some of the information that was given even, for the people that were on the site everyday. (like me) Fbod and the rest of his crew gave us tons of information early on. I think some people just don't have patience anymore. They just expect everything to be handed to them. Then they complain if something isn't exactly the way they want it. I'll admit, it's not perfect for me, but they can't please everybody. I love the Camaro, and I hope to have one someday
Old 03-24-2009, 11:44 PM   #87
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
I wish Chevy would provide this service for the Volt. I checked that forum out and it's real quiet.
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:22 AM   #88
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
I blame Arcangel for this heresy!!! I think we need to take ArcAngel's Camaro order and secretly give it to a Nissan dealership. When his car is ready, I wonder if he would know the difference between a Camaro and a 370Z. I'm messin' with you Arc. You know I lub you!!

Last edited by DkknightX; 03-25-2009 at 12:39 AM.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:19 AM   #89
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
I truly believe this will be the best first year run of any car ever developed, I thank all those involved! And thanks for the post, sadly some issues will continue... because some people just still don't get it...
Thanks Scott!
Old 03-25-2009, 06:15 AM   #90
thejbyrd

Drives: My wife nuts with my obsession
I think I can speak for everyone when I say that I'm damn proud to be a part of this site and what it has done for GM and the Camaro. The countless amount of hours spent on this amazing car shows. I mean look at how passionate we all are about it. GO GM!:flag1:
thejbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:59 AM   #91
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Don't feel ashamed!

When the executives at Chevy were working on the first Camaro -- it was originally going to be called "Panther" --

But all names for Chevrolet 'series' started with a "C" (Chevelle, Chevy II, Corvette, Corvair........)

....and there was this one word -- found in a 1935 Edition of "Heath's French to English Dictionary" --

.....and if we just keep the thought in mind that we are all friends here -- and we think about how we'd want to be treated BY a friend.......I think we can get rid of the animosity that sometimes pops up...........

This is excellent advise. I tried to post several times yesterday and could not come up with the proper words. I also was ashamed after I read this thread, and was worried that GM and you would just say screw it! I hope this is not and will never be the case. There are times times that we get out of hand, there are times that we are impossible. Most of us here love the new Camaro and are very passionate about it, and this causes people to post before thinking. There are the exceptions, the people who are just out to cause trouble or people who are just stubborn and nothing said or done makes it right with them. For the most we are genuinely as you might say Camaros(friends) ourselves. I am very honored to be part of this community and even more so to the fact that GM, Chevy & you have involved this community into the developement of this outstanding car. I feel priveliged to be part of this all. I am a car enthusiast and never have I experienced anything like this before.
Thank you Camaro5 mods and members for this great site.
Thank you Scott, GM, Chevy and all involved with the developement of the Camaro!
Scott I think that I can speak for most of us if not all. We are truly sorry, keep the faith in this community if you can!

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby

Last edited by Silver Streak; 03-25-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:10 AM   #92
Redwolf20

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Thanks Scott for all the insight you have given us! We are definitely a passionate bunch as we should be because that is how many outside the forum are going to see the Camaro....through our eyes and voices. I am very proud to be part of that "voice".

It absolutely amazes me how much I have learned from Camaro5 whether it's what type of oil to use, dealers like RPO_Z28 and CamaroScotty giving us the inside scoop from the dealer side of the house, or even the Oshawa folks giving us glimpes of our babies being produced. Awesome, just awesome!
Redwolf20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:23 AM   #93
Jack
Just Jack

Drives: '71 SS, Forest Green
Scott,

On the off-chance that you come back to this thread, I also wanted to throw in my thanks. BUT, please remember that for some this is about more than just the Camaro. When I grew up my pop was always a GM man (except for the inexplicable purchase of a Cougar - mom must have twisted the right screws ;-) ). So I grew up with brand loyalty, something my own son has not. In fact, I've owned more german cars than all other makes combined. However, and I'm proud to say this, my son has GREAT excitement over the new Camaro. Never before in his life has this been the case about an American made car (ok, the viper definitely had some allure - but back to reality). In addition to the rebirth of a fabulous moniker, in fantastic fashion, it has also brought ME back to my love of American muscle - my first car was a '71 SS. I'm very proud to read the many great reviews that have been written these last weeks and anxiously await the arrival of our new 2SS/RS. So, more than just make a great car, you've also rekindled trust in the nameplate/brand.

Thanks,

Jack
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:05 PM   #94
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!

Drives: 2003 Nissan Frontier S/C DR
I think the most important things to take away from this post are that people

a.) Need to be a little more careful throwing the term fanboy/ girl around; and talking about drinking the kool-aid. I'm really sick of hearing about the kool-aid, personally. I haven't drunk anything except my respect and appreciation for this car and what GM is doing for us.

b.) Need to go to any other car forum EVER and look for the amount of info we've had before the car was launched. You won't find it.

c.) Need to stop posting inflammatory threads meant to incite the people and "hold GM accountable with lots of exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!1!!!" and then firmly agree with everyone who agrees with them and accuse the people that are patient and respectful of heresy. There was a thread very recently like this; I think everyone who participated knows what I'm talking about.

and finally, d.) Give Scott (Fbodfather) a friggin' break! I know it's been said before but hopefully by repetition it will start to sink in: those of you who complain about every little detail about this car, last I checked, do NOT work for GM and are NOT on the team bringing us the Camaro. You cannot, simply cannot, expect to understand every little thing that happens if you are not willing to listen to reason. ESPECIALLY because you do not have Scott's job. Scott has Scott's job, and he's pretty d$%n good at it, from what I've seen.

On a more direct note; Scott, I do want to voice up and say thank you, again, even though I've said it before, because I really think you need to hear it right now. I think you need to hear that there ARE people on here who appreciate every little teeny tiny thing you've done for us. And we admire you, too. Not only because you have an awesome job but also because you DO have the patience of an Ent. (Tolkien reference, look it up.) I really admire that. If I were in your position I very easily could have lost it months ago. Thank you for sticking in there and seeing this through with us. Nothing said you have to stick around with all this flying in your face, so thank you. Thank you for sharing something that the public has never gotten to experience before and probably never will again, thanks to the attitude of some. And one last thank you-- thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for deciding to do this with the Camaro.

Respectfully,

A young, probably immature fangirl who has nothing but kool-aid to drink.

Right now it's an '03 Nissan Frontier Supercharged Desert Runner I call Starscream.

On order is a 1SS/ RS IBM with Black Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, manual transmission and a sunroof! Oh, and a stereo upgrade too! Ordered from CamaroScotty in WI. How will I get my baby home?
scotchsride09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #95
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Thank you Scott. Nothing but praise from me. Did I miss a bru haha or something?
Old 03-25-2009, 02:55 PM   #96
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
I blame Arcangel for this heresy!!! I think we need to take ArcAngel's Camaro order and secretly give it to a Nissan dealership. When his car is ready, I wonder if he would know the difference between a Camaro and a 370Z. I'm messin' with you Arc. You know I lub you!!
Although I know this post was only joking, I think it's time we let that topic and member go into the past. I wouldn't want it to be held against me if I were in the same situation and I think that could be the case for him. Let's just please ease off on these comments - please

Respectfully...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:19 PM   #97
Chemical

Drives: 2SS RS
Its people like Scott that make me come back to Camaro5, make me want a chevy, make me trust that the Camaro is going to be a high quality car without even test driving it. I have to say I have never been into any Camaro until I saw the Concept, since then I've been hooked and determined to be in shape where I can afford a top of the line Camaro (I graduate in Dec).

Having GM involve the enthusiasts in the development is another reason why I have been hooked to this site since the Concept. This involvement made the car much better even if the enthusiasts had little input in the overall product.

...but doing so, you must let people rant and complain about whatever they please and take it with a grain of salt, because you know the end result will speak for it self. Let the fire burn out itself, even if Scott calming down a few poeple may let some sleep at night, I think its isn't necessary for you to be calming people who just don't understand the process.

GM, expose what you want to expose, take what you need from the enthusiasts (complaints and all), change what needs to be changed and let the product speak for itself.

I appreciate Scott for putting out those fires but honestly those fires were ridiculous (headlights).

Anyway, Thank you Scott, it's people like you that make me stay with GM. Thank you GM for producing such an amazing vehicle.
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:25 PM   #98
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatiaJockey View Post
I drank the kool-aid long ago...... and I liked it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Scott, even if you guys never do it again, it was truly a pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Don't feel ashamed!

a million Thanks! and Congratulations! You should be very proud

CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote