Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #1
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!

Drives: 2003 Nissan Frontier S/C DR
Thwarted yet again... bah...

So yesterday I found out that I finally passed my real estate license exam (yay!) and my wonderful boyfriend tells me when he gets home that as a special treat, he's been calling all the dealerships in San Diego and found one who has a demo V6 that we can both sit in and drive (eek! It's no V8 but I'll take it... I just want to sit it one; driving it is icing on the cake!). I'd been doing the same myself unsuccessfully, and kinda gave up a few weeks ago. But he found one. So I was all excited; we went out and ran an errand and then headed up to the dealership. He'd called them at 4:30 and they said the car was there, and that it was available to sit in and drive, etc. So it was probably about 6 when we got to the dealer, found someone to talk to and asked them where the car was... they'd taken it out to a local car show. Ugh. But it "should be back by 7, 7:20 at the latest to get ready to close."

Ok then, we'll go run another errand in the meantime, and come back. They had an IBM Malibu there so I looked at the color for a bit, and then we left to go to the grocery store to kill time. Came back about 7:30 and some other guy pops his head out of the showroom and asks if he can help us; we explained we came back to drive the Camaro and he says, "Yeah, (guy's name) shouldn't have told you that... the car won't be back here til right at 8, when we close."

Gah. We're going back tonight to see if we can track it down but they'll probably be busier tonight so I don't know if I'll be able to drive it or not. They already know, unfortunately, that I am not buying from them, so I don't know how inclined they'll be to help me. I really just wanted to sit in it, but since I found out I might be able to drive it, now I really want to do that too!

The guy we spoke to first was really nice; he actually seemed to know quite a bit about the car itself which was awesome, but very little about the actual cars they had at the dealership, which was, in the end, very disappointing. He was surprised I'd found someone to sell for GMS and tried to convince me to do courtesy delivery there, but didn't try to high hand me or anything. I just wish they'd had their wires straight about where the dang car was so I could spend some time with it!

Anyway, just venting... I have only seen the car once in person, the silver show car in December, and that was hands-off... so having to wait the rest of the day to go see it and possibly be disappointed again is making this one of the longest Fridays ever!

How's everyone else doing today?

Right now it's an '03 Nissan Frontier Supercharged Desert Runner I call Starscream.

On order is a 1SS/ RS IBM with Black Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, manual transmission and a sunroof! Oh, and a stereo upgrade too! Ordered from CamaroScotty in WI. How will I get my baby home?
scotchsride09 is offline   Reply With Quote