Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #15
scuba264

Drives: Manual 2011 CGM LS
So whats the long term verdict on this thing? I'm thinking about picking one up. Did you keep the mic in the same spot? I'd be anal and be bothered by that wire and placement after a while.

Any reason you would have preferred to install the OEM bluetooth module?
Old 10-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #16
scuba264

It looks like it would fit in the indented area beside the steering wheel pretty nicely. You think it would pick up well there? Not really far from where you have it, I guess I'd be afraid of blocking with your hands/wheel and getting muffled

How long is the cord on the mic/button? do you have any pics of how you ran it? If I'd get it I'd like to run from that indent into the gap between wheel and dash, then across and up along the center console so you don't see it all the way back and into the armrest.

Last edited by scuba264; 10-24-2012 at 01:54 PM.
scuba264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:18 PM   #17
Inuyashas_Brother

Drives: '10 Camaro LS - M6
Hi Scuba,

So whats the long term verdict on this thing?
It's still working great. I'm very happy with it The mic's sound quality is great and I think it would still get great reception anywhere on the dash. There's no echo coming from the car's speakers or anything. You would think the phone/bluthooth was OEM.

Any reason you would have preferred to install the OEM bluetooth module?
Not that I can think of. The Bluetooth integrates with all my phones, and I can play my Google Maps directions, music and calls perfectly. On a few occasions, the bluetooth connection wasn't made right away with my phone and required me re-trying it, but those have been few.

How long is the cord on the mic/button? do you have any pics of how you ran it?
Don't know, but here is a pic of me pulling it from where it plugs inside the armrest console. In my set up, I have the wire coming out of the armrest console where the driver seat is, and then it is tucked under the edge of the plastic console, until where the white arrow is, then it goes up to the button/mic. It looks like it's hanging, but it is really hard to see since the stereo and the dash are blocking the view from the side and top.

It looks like it would fit in the indented area beside the steering wheel pretty nicely. You think it would pick up well there?
Yes, it would. It would be hard to see the beautiful blue halo when it's on, but it would fit and work great there. In the attached pic, I show it in that space with the wire running from behind the dash. The cord seems just long enough for it to work. However, the cord will be tight from the edge of the console, to where it goes in the dash because it is barely long enough.
Attached Images

Old 10-29-2012, 07:34 AM   #18
scuba264

Wow thanks a lot, really appreciate the replies and specific pics. Glad to hear it is still working great for ya. I'm one of those "I buy it when I want it" kinda guys so the wife jumped on this for an xmas present, its on the list lol.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #19
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Thanks, inuyasha! I'm sure this will be a great help to others as well!
Old 10-29-2012, 01:41 PM   #20
Inuyashas_Brother

Drives: '10 Camaro LS - M6
Glad to be of help
Old 12-27-2012, 09:35 AM   #21
scuba264

Got the AirCast for Christmas! Can't wait to run the wires and see how she works. Hopefully after work today I'll have some time.