Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-28-2010, 09:52 AM   #1
SemyDaCop
LocoBee in da RGV

Drives: '10 Custom RY 1LT, '14 BlK SS/RS
locating of aux center console plug wiring

Ok Ive looked all over the wiring section and cant figure it out. Hope someone can help. I am looking for the wire that powers the center console auxilllary power plug located inside the glove box in the center console. What color is it and where is it running through. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.
SemyDaCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
The plug is behind the console itself. You have to remove both sides of the side molding and you have take off the back cover. It's a pain. Consult the PDIM DIY thread for more details.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:07 PM   #3
SemyDaCop
LocoBee in da RGV

Drives: '10 Custom RY 1LT, '14 BlK SS/RS
I know where the plug is I need to know where the wires are running through. Is it through- under the center console or driver or passenger side molding or where. I am using this wire for my remote power to my amp that i am installing. since it turns on and off with the car.
SemyDaCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemyDaCop View Post
I know where the plug is I need to know where the wires are running through. Is it through- under the center console or driver or passenger side molding or where. I am using this wire for my remote power to my amp that i am installing. since it turns on and off with the car.
Check out the pictures here for some wiring info

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38977

and like Darth Martel said, there are some pictures in the DIY PDIM thread

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77662
Old 07-29-2010, 07:02 AM   #5
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
it runs under the console and starts on the drivers side and ends up on the passenger side. There's another connector by the shifter.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote