Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-18-2009, 06:52 AM   #43
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Just use the report post link, that way all moderators get it. And don't be too upset if you don't get an immediate reply if a Camaro guy has something bad to say about the "Mustang Rocks" thread, or why mustang guys are unable to be objective about the Camaro's goods and bads.

The icon looks like this and is under the member's personal information on each post.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:06 AM   #44
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
I wonder if that is "our" fault or yours?

And for the record I agree with your assessment. The 3M tape thing is dissapointing. But I'm sure they have some testing to substantiate the decision to use it... I was obviously a poor one.

We all agree that mistakes do happen right? Poor decisions will be made, and this won't be the last, "woops" on this car. Brand new car from the ground up will have problems.

Right?
It is a new car yes, from the ground up? no. the zeta platform has been around for quite a while now and gets it core from the holden commodore and the chevy lumina. the ls3 is out of a c6 corvette, the body is new of course.

thanx for the info on the report post link i would only use that for the more serious offenders that seem to go un-noticed.
fdjizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:10 AM   #45
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
It is a new car yes, from the ground up? no. the zeta platform has been around for quite a while now and gets it core from the holden commodore and the chevy lumina. the ls3 is out of a c6 corvette, the body is new of course.
thanx for the info on the report post link i would only use that for the more serious offenders that seem to go un-noticed.
Fair enough,

And I also think it is fair to say that we haven't had any problems, to date, with the chassis or the LS3. All of the issues are new that arise from producing a new car. Brakes, battery cable, ABL and now front spoiler to name a few.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:22 AM   #46
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post

It does use Zeta. However, even that is different on the Camaro given the shortened wheelbase.

All the problems thus far are typical of a first yr model run IMO.
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:26 AM   #47
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
Unless there is a Recall Bulletin number there isnt a recall. Dont jump the gun until a recall bulletin number is posted. Just like the battery cable. We didnt know if it was a recall until the bulletin posted. Until the number is posted I will stand by the fact that your dealer was covering his butt.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:28 AM   #48
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Thus not creating a hystersia without talking to the dealer. I said before. A lot of options historically have been added by the dealer, especially when it comes to bolt ons and even some more complex options. GM does this to keep these ultra custom cars from holdin up the lines and it keeps the production cost. In turn GM gives the dealer a bigger peice of the pie on dealer installed options, dealers actually make some good money off of these.
nards444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:49 AM   #49
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Yeah I wasn't sold on the ground effects anyway but now 3M tapethat really takes the cake,and wheel weights on the front brakes when is that going to stop,I'm not knocking the car these are small bumps in the road I hope can be dealt with sooner rather than later
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:55 AM   #50
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
There's a guy on my website that had the exact same thing happen but his lasted ~350 miles or so. Ripped the front GFX piece right off and dragged on the ground.
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:14 AM   #51
Pslab

Drives: It's a truck
bummer the dealer told ya you had the first one in Ohio, as previously stated Progessive then I think Serpentini had one shortly after, We had 2 SS's by Cinco De Mayo at our dealership alone. However, maybe he forgot to say (The first IOM SS) that, it might have been.
Pslab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #52
BalogUK
THE architect.

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
i've got the GFX install packet in front of me and by the looks of it- whoever did the install cut some maaaajor corners...

the parts list for installing the front splitter consists of:
1 Splitter
2 Clamps
8 Expansion Rivets
4 Permanent aluminum rivets
2 U-nuts
drilling of holes to mount splitter is required.
and the preinstalled adhesives which requires 24hrs to fully cure and requires the car NOT be driven during the curing process.

while it sucks that it happened- it seems that if the appropriate party was to follow the instructions, it would have no issues.
#34122 EMPTIED, AT YARD ON 8/26/09; Delivered 9/07/09
MODS: Borla ATAK Cat-Back GFX (#140378), 35% Ceramic all-around, CAI, Inc. Intake w/ Scoop, Hurst Short Throw, Heritage Grille, GM Dove Tail, Laser Interceptor Triple v8.9, Passport Max, Pfadt ZL Stage 2
BalogUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #53
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalogUK View Post
i've got the GFX install packet in front of me and by the looks of it- whoever did the install cut some maaaajor corners...

the parts list for installing the front splitter consists of:
1 Splitter
2 Clamps
8 Expansion Rivets
4 Permanent aluminum rivets
2 U-nuts
drilling of holes to mount splitter is required.
and the preinstalled adhesives which requires 24hrs to fully cure and requires the car NOT be driven during the curing process.

while it sucks that it happened- it seems that if the appropriate party was to follow the instructions, it would have no issues.
Is it possible this is the corrected install information. vice the old.

I'm still on the fence, it sounds like the OP has done his homework. but the lack of recall bulletin kinda makes it sound like the dealer just gooned it.

It will be interesting to see where this goes.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:42 AM   #54
BalogUK
THE architect.

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
it could be- you're guess is as good as mine. this was posted a couple weeks back though- im not saying the OP did anything wrong- he unfortunately just happed to be the recipient... there's no date on the packet and nothing that would suggest it has been edited.. 50 pages long and is thorough down to 1/16" accuracy...
#34122 EMPTIED, AT YARD ON 8/26/09; Delivered 9/07/09
MODS: Borla ATAK Cat-Back GFX (#140378), 35% Ceramic all-around, CAI, Inc. Intake w/ Scoop, Hurst Short Throw, Heritage Grille, GM Dove Tail, Laser Interceptor Triple v8.9, Passport Max, Pfadt ZL Stage 2
BalogUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:45 AM   #55
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalogUK View Post
it could be- you're guess is as good as mine. this was posted a couple weeks back though- im not saying the OP did anything wrong- he unfortunately just happed to be the recipient... there's no date on the packet and nothing that would suggest it has been edited.. 50 pages long and is thorough down to 1/16" accuracy...
Well the good news is based on this the GFX shouldn't have any problems.

As long as they follow the instructions... Imagine that.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:17 PM   #56
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Unfortunately with it not being an isolated incident, it might very well be something that could become more common. I'll talk to the guy on my site who had it happen to him - I even vaguely remember him saying when the front GFX piece ripped off that it took a chunk of the bumper with it.
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote