Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-08-2022, 01:58 PM   #351
SHE'Z 18

Drives: 18 ZL1 - M6
Was it actually “quieter” just with high flow cats versus the Jones or Magnaflow mufflers? Any sound clips/videos that you can share with your current set up? Plus, if anyone else out there happens to have the Jones set up, would you mind sharing a video/audio clip of that with us? Thanks everyone
SHE'Z 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 02:02 PM   #352
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHE'Z 18 View Post
Was it actually “quieter” just with high flow cats versus the Jones or Magnaflow mufflers? Any sound clips/videos that you can share with your current set up? Plus, if anyone else out there happens to have the Jones set up, would you mind sharing a video/audio clip of that with us? Thanks everyone
About the same volume with no cats and Jones muffler vs high flow cats and resonators. The tone and sound is just a lot better with the high flow cats.
Z OH 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 04:40 PM   #353
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
What brand of high flow cats? I’ve followed a lot of posts where everything failed but the newer GESI cats.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 05:17 PM   #354
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
What brand of high flow cats? I’ve followed a lot of posts where everything failed but the newer GESI cats.
Correct, stick with the GESI cats and choose the correct cats for your power level.
Z OH 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 05:08 PM   #355
BlancoPopular

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Back in June I picked up a 19 zl1 that had kooks headers and no cats leading to a stock exhaust, loved the car but even with the stock box out back it was still way too loud for me, my garage is very small so when running pump gas it really made it stink so I knew I wanted to run cats for the street. Luckily I am friends with fellow member RabbitZl1 who is running cutouts with a stock exhaust and runs mid 8's all day long, so we decided to use Rabbits setup as inspiration and come up with something super quiet on the streets but have 0 restrictions at the track.Thanks to everyones advice I decided to go with the jones x pipe , for cats i went with Gesi's rated at 500-850hp , digipower slim cutouts , and we used vbands so getting the exhaust down is very easy. Here is what we came up with
Attached Images

BlancoPopular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 05:11 PM   #356
BlancoPopular

Here are some clips from the dyno last night , open vs closed

Old 11-10-2022, 07:24 PM   #357
1badtie

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyZ83 View Post
Will do, if you check my Instagram, you’ll see a few videos of startup videos of the current Catless setup. I should have the kooks installed by Thursday and will update the thread

I checked them out sounds good

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb
Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 07:26 PM   #358
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlancoPopular View Post
Back in June I picked up a 19 zl1 that had kooks headers and no cats leading to a stock exhaust, loved the car but even with the stock box out back it was still way too loud for me, my garage is very small so when running pump gas it really made it stink so I knew I wanted to run cats for the street. Luckily I am friends with fellow member RabbitZl1 who is running cutouts with a stock exhaust and runs mid 8's all day long, so we decided to use Rabbits setup as inspiration and come up with something super quiet on the streets but have 0 restrictions at the track.Thanks to everyones advice I decided to go with the jones x pipe , for cats i went with Gesi's rated at 500-850hp , digipower slim cutouts , and we used vbands so getting the exhaust down is very easy. Here is what we came up with
VERY nice!!

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 06:08 AM   #359
SHE'Z 18

Nicely done Blanco! Out of curiosity, how did this new set up affect the sound and fuel odors after the install? Did they make a significant difference in both areas? I was able to also pick up a Jones X muffler from Amazon (verified it’s an X) thanks to the folks in this thread. Now, my focus is on the HO cats. My plan is to have 2” headers > GESI cats > AWE resonators > Jones X > AWE touring mufflers. I want to keep the smell, sound and performance enjoyable.
Old 11-15-2022, 09:02 AM   #360
BlancoPopular

Quote:
Nicely done Blanco! Out of curiosity, how did this new set up affect the sound and fuel odors after the install? Did they make a significant difference in both areas? I was able to also pick up a Jones X muffler from Amazon (verified it’s an X) thanks to the folks in this thread. Now, my focus is on the HO cats. My plan is to have 2” headers > GESI cats > AWE resonators > Jones X > AWE touring mufflers. I want to keep the smell, sound and performance enjoyable.
It's really quiet , i left the dyno in stealth mode with the windows down and under 3500 rpm's all i heard was the tires picking up rocks , which is what i wanted , once the flaps in the muffler open it sounds really good but not too crazy. The car is currently on e40 so the fuel smell even without the cats was not as bad as straight 93 , i think i may still may be catching a slight smell of fuel but i really have not put any miles on the car since i did the exhaust but i will next week to get all the ethanol out of the tank for winter and will let you know how it smealls on straight 93. I think with the AWE touring and this style setup it will sound amazing.
Old 05-04-2023, 07:37 PM   #361
ellisdaniels

Drives: 2019 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Did you ever end up doing this. I am looking to do something similar. How is the noise compared to stock
ellisdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 07:38 PM   #362
ellisdaniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlancoPopular View Post
How does this compare to the stock set up is it quieter or louder
Old 05-04-2023, 09:35 PM   #363
SHE'Z 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisdaniels View Post
Did you ever end up doing this. I am looking to do something similar. How is the noise compared to stock
I wish sh I could tell you “yes”, but the shop that I had a scheduled to do the work in March back out due to an issue with state citations (as I was told). Now, I’m sitting on a pile of parts and a lot of disappointment. Anyway, I’m going to likely have to find another shop to make the mods. Ughhhh
Old 05-04-2023, 11:53 PM   #364
ellisdaniels

Quote:
I wish sh I could tell you “yes”, but the shop that I had a scheduled to do the work in March back out due to an issue with state citations (as I was told). Now, I’m sitting on a pile of parts and a lot of disappointment. Anyway, I’m going to likely have to find another shop to make the mods. Ughhhh
I just found these mufflers you think this would be better then that x pipe muffler. Aero Exhaust Turbine XL Resonated Muffler; 26-Inch Overall; 3-Inch Inlet/3-Inch Outlet