Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #71
1 bad azz ls3

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
hey Ted you have to stay. i need a supercharger installed
Old 09-15-2010, 03:04 PM   #72
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
It is all about the person being happy. Some people will be happy by spending more on a product like a Kooks, American Racing or several other bigger companies in the states and some will be happy spending less on a product that might not perform 100% like these other brands but they are comfortable knowing that they (might) of gave up some quality to save about half. The problem I have with this entire thread is IT IS UP TO THE CUSTOMER!!!!! How do you think some would feel if they bought the name brands but are unhappy because they paid double??? How do you think some would feel about buying the less expensive brands and are unhappy because they might have not gotten the quality??? You know what "It is NOT up to the vendors to judge these people" THAT IS THEIR PREROGATIVE With all that being said I am buying a set of headers very soon. I have spoken to Brandon and one other company and I am not sure which way I will go. But whichever way that is will be up to me and whomever doesn't like it, O well!!!!
Old 09-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #73
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
I feel like this happened to my thread.......by a buncha vendors.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #74
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone View Post
It is all about the person being happy. Some people will be happy by spending more on a product like a Kooks, American Racing or several other bigger companies in the states and some will be happy spending less on a product that might not perform 100% like these other brands but they are comfortable knowing that they (might) of gave up some quality to save about half. The problem I have with this entire thread is IT IS UP TO THE CUSTOMER!!!!! How do you think some would feel if they bought the name brands but are unhappy because they paid double??? How do you think some would feel about buying the less expensive brands and are unhappy because they might have not gotten the quality??? You know what "It is NOT up to the vendors to judge these people" THAT IS THEIR PREROGATIVE With all that being said I am buying a set of headers very soon. I have spoken to Brandon and one other company and I am not sure which way I will go. But whichever way that is will be up to me and whomever doesn't like it, O well!!!!
Well said.

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

Old 09-15-2010, 03:11 PM   #75
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post
I feel like this happened to my thread.......by a buncha vendors.
Lol, It happens. We can pretty much this thread...

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

Old 09-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #76
tman52804

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS/RS
Wow, I thought I was going to read about OBX headers.

Kind of feel like the movie Groundhog Day, repeat.....repeat.

Let's get back to the topic at hand.....OBX headers and how are they running?
MGW Short throw shifter
Kooks LT Headers/Hi flow Cats
Vmax TB
Old 09-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #77
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tman52804 View Post
Wow, I thought I was going to read about OBX headers.

Kind of feel like the movie Groundhog Day, repeat.....repeat.

Let's get back to the topic at hand.....OBX headers and how are they running?
Mine are fantastic! I dunno how highcompression didn't get the CEL cause mine came on right away even with the Spark plug anti-folwers, not that it wasn't expected.... I will say that if your gonna add LT's, keep the stock mufflers or your gonna have to add the hemholtz pipe like i'm gonna do... other than that..

here's how they sound...

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

Old 09-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #78
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Mine are fantastic! I dunno how highcompression didn't get the CEL cause mine came on right away even with the Spark plug anti-folwers, not that it wasn't expected....
I never had a CEL with the JBA midpipes either. But...that's a good thing!

I'm still working on getting some video of the headers with the stock LS3 cat-back....maybe tonight.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #79
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post
I never had a CEL with the JBA midpipes either. I never ran antifoulers with those though.

I'm still working on getting some video of the headers with the stock LS3 cat-back....maybe tonight.
you added those 2 inch extensions though right? maybe mine just aren't sitting far enough back... That'd be nice so I/we can hear the sound difference... maybe add 1 more set of anti-fowlers...lol

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

Old 09-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #80
Georger

Drives: 1979 camaro
You are correct it is up to the consumer on what they spend there money on. All I am doing is educating the consumer. I thought that was what these forums were for. As for vendors coming on here and saying the opinion on other company’s business ethics that should have been in another thread. The fact is people come on here and promote non sponsored vendors product that were not made honestly. Why do we spend the money to sponsor the site then? I could as well as all the other vendors cancel our sponsorship and just post under an alias. But we choose not to do that to the industry and to you guys as the consumer.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #81
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georger@kooks View Post
You are correct it is up to the consumer on what they spend there money on. All I am doing is educating the consumer. I thought that was what these forums were for. As for vendors coming on here and saying the opinion on other company’s business ethics that should have been in another thread. The fact is people come on here and promote non sponsored vendors product that were not made honestly. Why do we spend the money to sponsor the site then? I could as well as all the other vendors cancel our sponsorship and just post under an alias. But we choose not to do that to the industry and to you guys as the consumer.
I guess that was the point I was trying to make. Although promoting, and posting findings are 2 different things, with a very large Grey area in the middle... well said though..

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

Old 09-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #82
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Exactly. I don't want this to be a pissing match. However I think anyone would be passionate if the product their business made was being knocked off and sold on ebay for half price. I mean it absolutly sucks to sponser a board, do things the right way, and then have members posting about how great a product is that is a black market copy of a design you sell. I mean...you don't see people posting on the internet about how great their fake Rolex's or Oakley's are. I am not sure why it is okay with headers. You guys are right, it is your choice, you can buy what you want. All I am trying to make people understand is there is much more than price going on here...and I don't feel this is a good thing to support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georger@kooks View Post
Old 09-15-2010, 03:32 PM   #83
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
you added those 2 inch extensions though right? maybe mine just aren't sitting far enough back... That'd be nice so I/we can hear the sound difference... maybe add 1 more set of anti-fowlers...lol
Yes I added the 2" antifoulers. They were advertised on eBay as O2 extenders, which are meant to defeat emissions computer systems.

In your case, you bought two "off the shelf" spark plug antifoulers and screwed them together (each side) and then installed your O2 sensors into them right? That could be the difference. Didn't you have to drill out one of the antifoulers on each side to get the sensors to fit?
Old 09-15-2010, 03:46 PM   #84
tman52804

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS/RS
Awesome sound Millertime! I've got the magnaflow 3" competition catback system and I'm looking for a set of headers. Just seeing what's out there, and these are definitely appealing. Looks like they would marry up nicely with my system. Do they have ceramic coating as a option?
MGW Short throw shifter
Kooks LT Headers/Hi flow Cats
Vmax TB

Closed Thread