Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 11-10-2010, 06:32 AM   #1
DRG BSTN SQUIRREL

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
BBC in the F-Body

I am putting my 427 in my 96 T/A. Havnt really looked into this too much and was wondering if anyone has any tips or problems they have ran into. The car is completly gutted/cagged/tubbed/etc so mods are not an issue.
DRG BSTN SQUIRREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:07 AM   #2
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG BSTN SQUIRREL View Post
I am putting my 427 in my 96 T/A. Havnt really looked into this too much and was wondering if anyone has any tips or problems they have ran into. The car is completly gutted/cagged/tubbed/etc so mods are not an issue.
We build a K-member for that particular car that allows to bolt a BBC/SBC motor into the car without issue. Here is a link to the K-member, take a look and if you have any questions let me know.

BMR BBC/SBC K-member
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #3
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
What are you doing about ignition? SBC/BBC distributor is inaccessible way back under the dash of a fourthgen.

In any event, POST PICS when you start the project!
Old 11-10-2010, 12:56 PM   #4
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
What are you doing about ignition? SBC/BBC distributor is inaccessible way back under the dash of a fourthgen.

In any event, POST PICS when you start the project!
There a couple companies that make a smaller distributor to use and people use a crab cap instead of the traditional cap for the distributor. Another thing is that most guys who put BBC/SBC in the 4th gen f-bodys generally use them for racing and trim the cowl to help with access to the reaar of the engine.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:40 PM   #5
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
There a couple companies that make a smaller distributor to use and people use a crab cap instead of the traditional cap for the distributor. Another thing is that most guys who put BBC/SBC in the 4th gen f-bodys generally use them for racing and trim the cowl to help with access to the reaar of the engine.
Anyone ever try putting a Pontiac division block into a 4th gen? From what I recall they should match SBC specs pretty close (albeit probably a bit taller since the Pontiac 350 and 455 used the same block)..
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #6
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Anyone ever try putting a Pontiac division block into a 4th gen? From what I recall they should match SBC specs pretty close (albeit probably a bit taller since the Pontiac 350 and 455 used the same block)..
The motor mount bolt pattern is different from a SBC to the Pontiac so our k-members wouldn't work with the old school Pontiac motors. Plus I think there would possibly be complications with the exhaust on the Pontiac motors due to how it comes off the head. There isn't much interest so we really haven't looked into it too much.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:39 AM   #7
DRG BSTN SQUIRREL

I have just ordered the BMR K-member,a-arms, manual steering. I have the VFN fiberglass hood thats extended to the windsheild and the area that housed the wiper moter is all trimmed back to the firewall. I am either using my old powerglide or 400 tranny for it. Have the moser 12 bolt. Need some wheels for it soon if anyone is selling. As soon as I get back to the good ol USA ill start taking pics and posting them.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:06 AM   #8
BMR Sales

Quote:
I have just ordered the BMR K-member,a-arms, manual steering. I have the VFN fiberglass hood thats extended to the windsheild and the area that housed the wiper moter is all trimmed back to the firewall. I am either using my old powerglide or 400 tranny for it. Have the moser 12 bolt. Need some wheels for it soon if anyone is selling. As soon as I get back to the good ol USA ill start taking pics and posting them.
Sounds like you have everything to bolt that BBC in the car. If you run into any issues installing the parts just give us a call at the shop.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:47 AM   #9
DRG BSTN SQUIRREL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Sounds like you have everything to bolt that BBC in the car. If you run into any issues installing the parts just give us a call at the shop.
Instalation should be a breeze. Have the QA1's 12 way adjustable on the front, nothing on the rear for shocks, any suggestions? Also do you guys have a package deal on your pan hard rod and relocation kit?
Old 11-19-2010, 06:30 AM   #10
DRG BSTN SQUIRREL

Ok guys, I have made it back to the states but I am stuck down in Key West for a few days. Maybe by turkey day I'll get home to start the build. I am truly excited to start and does anyone remember or know the axil housing size to the moser 12 bolt? I need to order the rear anti roll kit and am not home to measure.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:09 AM   #11
BMR Sales

Quote:
Instalation should be a breeze. Have the QA1's 12 way adjustable on the front, nothing on the rear for shocks, any suggestions? Also do you guys have a package deal on your pan hard rod and relocation kit?
The 12 way adjustable QA1's will work well in the front. I would like into atleast doing the single adjustable QA1's in the back maybe even the double adjustables if you can swing it. I can work some kind of deal out with depending on how much you are looking to buy.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:10 AM   #12
BMR Sales

Quote:
Ok guys, I have made it back to the states but I am stuck down in Key West for a few days. Maybe by turkey day I'll get home to start the build. I am truly excited to start and does anyone remember or know the axil housing size to the moser 12 bolt? I need to order the rear anti roll kit and am not home to measure.
A Moser 12 bolt will have 3" axle tubes. Give me a call when you are ready to purchase some stuff and we can get you all set up with what you need.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #13
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Showoff

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:35 PM   #14
DRG BSTN SQUIRREL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Showoff