Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-27-2009, 02:04 AM   #71
BMT CAMERO

Drives: 2010 CAMARO IS BLACK SS2RS #2599
thats why i change my own oil
BMT CAMERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:16 AM   #72
rodscamaro

Drives: 07' TAHOE LTZ
I just have to say my wife only purchased toyotas, and I only purchase american made( X-military etc) untill recently I talked my wife into buying a new tahoe for her(07' tahoe LTZ). We've had the tahoe for 3 years and bring it to the dealer for every service. We have never been treated better than this dealer (O'Reilly in tucson) and we've purchased many toyotas that we've had serviced through toyota dealers. My wife still can't believe how well we are treated and how organized they are (She is sold on chevy).

That being said, I feel your pain but the problems your having seem to be unique in terms of how everything has transpired for you. I agree with some of the other posts, don't blame GM, it's a dealer/mechanic/used car issue. In other words, there is other factors than just the dealer here especially since your vette was used and out of warranty, etc. Good luck, I hope you get everything rectified!!!
rodscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:26 AM   #73
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1080 View Post
I don't car if my sat car in QC for a month, I am mad because it sat saying available to ship (out of QC) for 22 days as guys had their cars built and shipped in the same day. Very frustrating. I don't car if someones car sat at the same place for a 100 days, it doesn't make it right. Once again I am not mad at the GM company for putting the rag in the oil system I am mad because they say my car does not have enough kilometers on it to be covered. When you say the car is off warranty and I am a spoiled brat for thinking I should get warranty, well explain why I WOULD GET WARRANTY if the car had 2K more kilometers and was off warranty for another month. OBVIOUSLY they still cover vehicles in certain cases after warranty. MY ISSUE WITH GM, NOT THE DEALER, IS THAT THEY SAY MY CAR WON'T GET WARRANTY UNLESS IT HAD MORE MILES AND WAS OFF WARRANTY FOR LONGER. To me that makes no sense. One would think the chances of getting covered would increase with less miles and having been out of warranty for less time, apparently not. GM didn't just say, "Nope, your out of warranty so your out of luck!). They said, "sorry sir, not enough miles and car isn't old enough for us to cover it". Now my issue with the DEALER is the fact that it has only been serviced but GM dealers so I believe it is the DEALERS responsibility for the rag being in the oil pan. If the previous owner had given me receipts of work that had taken place elsewhere, well that's a different story. But the only records on it were done at GM goodwrench locations. Now whether I will buy GM again or not depends on how this is handled. IMO, I get my idea of how GM is through the dealers, can't say I have had to many experiences with GM directly, can you? The dealers are GM, they make it what it is. They represent the customer satisfaction, GM service, how kind they are to customers. IMO the dealers and the people who work there make all of the auto companies into what they are. What ever you guys think, I feel I should not be the one stuck with this bill and I do think that GM should hold some responsibility as they were, as far as the history shows, the only ones to pop the hood and do anything to this car.
Go back and read my post that you replied too. READ the very first couple of lines. I bet if you called back and spoke with someone different you will get a reply that the information you received for that GM service person is not correct. Quit thinking one person you spoke with represents the company as a whole or that what they said is correct. Ask around I bet they gave you wrong INFO. But your a pointless case you are mad about a car saying its available to ship will sitting in QC. I'm glad you won't own another GM product because you don't deserve one.

And yes I can say I have had a lot of experiences and direct contact with GM given the fact my Stepfather whom just retired was a Regional Operations Executive. Thats why what you say one person you talked to on the phone makes no sense.

Last you are going by what you think you know about the car being serviced and where it was serviced, the seller probably didn't disclose all his info so who are you to tell them you know exactly where and when all work was done on this car when you weren't there to witness it. Just cause you got some papers doesn't mean you got the whole truth.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #74
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by manimsoblack View Post
No I didn't. I still agree with him. The dealership represents GM, even if it is a franchise. So while GM may not be directly responsible it's still their name on the line. Did you miss the bit where he said he got a call from GM?

I agree with every you said except for the bold bit. GM is at fault because the mechanic who works for the dealership works as a "subcontractor" for GM. While they didn't directly hire him, a party that represents them and acts as a public face for them did.

Sh*t happens. OP's mad and I would be too. I would swear off the dealership and give them as much bad publicity as possible there are step by step instructions on the site somewhere) and eventually get it fixed. So while it's GMs fault, it's THAT SPECIFIC DEALERSHIP (a small part of the GM machine) that you should be mad at.
And where you fall wrong is assuming that the dealer did leave this rag in there. Remember he brought a used car off of someone whom may or may not handed over all documents. This didn't happen while in his possesion and he was there to jusfity when and where all services where performed. Hell the person that brought a GTO off of me got all the paperwork that was performed at the dealership, but a lot of the services I had done on that car was outside the dealership and I didn't provide those papers. So would it be right for the man I sold it to, too go after the dealer for something someone else may have done.

WE DON"T have all the facts and neither does this guy. Believe what you want but these things happen when you buy used and have to take the word of the former seller, you get screwed because you haven't been the sole owner of the car.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:50 AM   #75
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post

logan1080, if your Camaro was delivered the day after the Papa Johns pizza promotion, then your hatred towards GM could be more justifiable..
Old 08-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #76
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super83Z View Post
Does he? Did all of you miss the part where the GM employee stated that GM probably wasn't even notified about the situation? Its a far more common practice than is known.
Well since you are quoting someone else referring to me. I think you missed my point- which I'll clarify in just a moment... however- if GM didn't know, then that means they have another issue. They choose people to represent them for better or for worse so they need better communication. Someone said they don't have enough resources to babysit dealers- I'd say that they can find these resources if they want to build a high quality reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafountain View Post
If you don't mind me asking, I see you live in Boise.
I think the OP lives in Canada actually, but Hi neighbor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Okay, let me start by saying I DO agree with everything you said above.

But...I refuse to put all the responsibility on the company/retailer/etc. The customer is NOT...yep, I'll repeat it, and I've been in sales for a while now, the customer is NOT always right. Sometimes, the customer needs to use his/her brain (and I'm NOT insinuating anything) to recognize that difference. The fact that they don't results in companies having to put "hot" labels on steaming-fresh coffee cups, or "do not put in water" on hair driers to avoid being sued for faulty product and/or inadequate labeling.

The Vette was a used car. This automatically puts GM at zero fault, because it's had a life after the factory. Yes, it was probably put through the 121-or-howevermany point GM-derived inspection, and yes the mechanic was a certified GM tech. BUT...just because somebody has a piece of paper labeled "GM license to repair" doesn't mean they aren't an idiot. "You have to be smarter than the tool you're using". And they don't work for GM, rather for the dealer who (as mentioned before) is a private enterprise. To make such a bold statement as "I'm never buying GM again", makes 0 sense...I just didn't get it, it wasn't a vehicle defect that caused his problem...it was a defective mechanic.

And, btw...GM dealers as a whole stand very high in consumer satisfaction and service ratings. Well above the imports...that's not to say there isn't room for improvement, as evidenced by this scenario. I'd like to meet the guy who stuffed a rag down a $70,000 car's throat.
...And here's the crux of the issue. People missed my point in the argument about where to point fingers. This has nothing to do really with who's at fault and everything to do with how people perceive Customer Service. GM could likely be 100% right in saying 'that's a dealership issue'. Everyone on here could be 100% right in saying 'that's a dealership issue'. As far as the perception of Customer Service goes though- that's passing the buck. *edit: I also want to clarify that I only believe this applies here because it was a recent purchase and it was 'on the bubble' for a warranty. I obviously don't think a 6 year old Cutlass would deserve as much attention.

Take my McDonald's example and bump it up a notch. The person sickened by Chicken McNuggets takes McDonald's Corp to court. McDonald's Corp knows it's right because the contamination happened at franchise level-they can prove it. McDonald's can either step away from the franchisee: filing a cross-suit and pointing the finger. Or they can stand behind the franchisee publicly, apologize and figure out how to make it go away. How you handle it will set the tone for other franchisees on how the dealer/gm relationship is going to work.

I don't think there is any debate that GM is just starting to get their reputation put back together. It's at times like these that you have to fall on your sword. (This is a logic argument here- don't get all anti-Jap) Lexus has a good REPUTATION for quality and customer service. They could get away with raising a middle-finger because the complaint would get drowned out by their reputation.

Edit: I bolded a section- that's interesting and I didn't know that. That would make me believe that the imports parent companies "make things happen" or that their district reps are very empowered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
I bet if you called back and spoke with someone different you will get a reply that the information you received for that GM service person is not correct. Quit thinking one person you spoke with represents the company as a whole or that what they said is correct. Ask around I bet they gave you wrong INFO. But your a pointless case you are mad about a car saying its available to ship will sitting in QC. I'm glad you won't own another GM product because you don't deserve one.

And yes I can say I have had a lot of experiences and direct contact with GM given the fact my Stepfather whom just retired was a Regional Operations Executive. Thats why what you say one person you talked to on the phone makes no sense.
Wow, did you really just say that? If you speak to a company and get the wrong answer- that person doesn't represent the company? Let me explain something to you, EVERY person I hire represents both me and the company I work for. Sounds like GM needs some better representative training.

And you don't deserve one? I'm sorry man- you are clueless. This is going to sound more personal than I mean it- but if you learned that attitude from your stepfather (he doesn't deserve a Chevy) then it pretty much makes clear how GM got to where it's been this last year.

Edit: and good morning everyone . I don't mean to be argumentative so shortly after breakfast!

Last edited by MrIcky; 08-27-2009 at 11:09 AM.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:56 PM   #77
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post

I think the OP lives in Canada actually, but Hi neighbor!
My mistake, for some reason I thought you were the OP.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:19 PM   #78
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
at this thread.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:53 PM   #79
logan1080

Drives: 2003 Crew Cab Duramax
bump, pics added on page 1
logan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #80
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1080 View Post
bump, pics added on page 1
So did they get it fixed/is it working again?
Old 08-30-2009, 02:45 PM   #81
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
what are you going to do with the car?
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:25 PM   #82
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Well can't keep everyone happy. There's always ford and toyota
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:44 PM   #83
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
Well can't keep everyone happy. There's always ford and toyota
No. There's always Ford. Not toyota.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:34 AM   #84
logan1080

Drives: 2003 Crew Cab Duramax
The car is still at dealer waiting for a oil pan gasket. It was a 10 day wait for it so should be here today or shortly after. They cleaned all of the pieces of rag out of the engine and pulled a connecting rod to inspect bearings and checked the top end just to make sure nothing was damaged. The oil pumps were also looked at and apparently looked good. The car should be good to go once we get the gasket. I will put a few miles on it when I get it back and then it will go back to the dealer for an oil flush and we will see if any more of the material got in the oil. We will probably do this twice before getting into regular oil change intervals just to be safe. Now if the engine blows up down the road and none of the material is found in the oil it will for surely be on GM's bill as I now have extended warranty for 3 years.
logan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote