Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-08-2010, 11:19 AM   #57
herkman

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS, 69 Camaro
My IOM paint is flawless and it is a pre-order car. the only chips it has are on my front aftermarket spoiler from road debris.
R6P - Kooks 1-7/8 Catted LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, MGW Shifter, Revolution SS Front Spoiler, Unrestricted Motorsports Rear Spoiler, Razzi Side and Rear EFX, Heritage Grill, Hawk HPS Pads, G2 Matched Calipers, SAV-3 Wheels, Vengeance Racing Stage II Cam 227/239.614/.624 115+3, 25% Underdrive Pulley, Oil Catch Can, 461 RWHP - 420 Torque
herkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:39 AM   #58
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
I have fisheyes, dirt under the paint, paint runs, clearcoat runs .. you name it I have it .. This is the worst factory paint job I have ever had on any car I have ever owned ... GM Won't touch her though .. I'll get it fixed privately down the road at some point in time ..

Crowley
I'm going to have my bumper repainted under the TSB, but I'll take it to someone I really trust to fix the orange peel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
it is not the water-base paint. It is the inconsistent Quality Control at the Camaro plant, period. I haven't noticed a paint issue on mine but there are just way too many new Camaros being reported with paint defects.
To busy autographing pictures and thinking they're Gods from all the unwarranted praise people around here give them.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #59
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
There was a flaw in the paint on the unit they were following. The guy at the plant took out a grinder/sander (whatever) and sanded off the clear coat to remove the flaw.......HERE'S THE BAD PART
He then took a bottle of wax or a similar substance and buffed the area to restore the shine.....leaving the area with NO clear coat. NONE!
Wow dude how about you do research on how to correct paint flaws and the procedures then come back and make this gripe. There is NOTHING wrong with this, EVERY car manufacturer does this. If you go to a detail shop and ask them to repair this same flaw they will also sand down the flaw and polish it out. Oh and FYI doing so correctly doesn't remove the clear coat.
Mr_Draco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:13 PM   #60
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Wow dude how about you do research on how to correct paint flaws and the procedures then come back and make this gripe. There is NOTHING wrong with this, EVERY car manufacturer does this. If you go to a detail shop and ask them to repair this same flaw they will also sand down the flaw and polish it out. Oh and FYI doing so correctly doesn't remove the clear coat.
I watched the show and it looked more like a buffer than a sander to me. Nothing wrong with buffing out imperfections.

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:18 PM   #61
YouseeSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 SIM
I had 4 bubbles under the clear coat. One was the size of a nail head. Luckily one was on the deck lid and 2 were on the hood so stripes fixed them right up. I got warranty work done and incorporated the stripes for only $900 more. The last bubble was on the door so basically the whole door had to be painted. I was without the car for 10 freaking days!!!!! I think this is way worst then people think. I saw a post in this thread saying it's no big deal if it's less then 1% of 120,000 cars, but I think if people look closer they will find blemishes on way more then that. I would venture to say it's closer to 3% due to the fact that I am on my second 2010 Camaro and both had minor paint issues
SUCKS!!!!
YouseeSS is offline   Reply With Quote