Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-06-2024, 08:53 AM   #1
krest509

Drives: Rs 2011
2011 Chevy Camaro help needed !!

😢 hey guys
3 days ago I encounter a problem I was spilling gasoline , because my fuel line rapture not sure how. I’ve been looking for the part, haven’t been easy , I check with the dealer they said it’s discontinued. Or I can take it to a modified place see if they can do something else. (Geeee)

One place told me shipping will take about a 2 month June 24
Hoping you guys can help me located a faster or another solution .
Only way to get to work .
I’m starting to think that I may need to work some more hours to try to get an second car.
Thanks 🙏 .

5/9 Inch I.D. 17-7/16 Inch Long Plastic Fuel Feed Line -
Attached Images

krest509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 09:07 AM   #2
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by krest509 View Post
😢 hey guys
3 days ago I encounter a problem I was spilling gasoline , because my fuel line rapture not sure how. I’ve been looking for the part, haven’t been easy , I check with the dealer they said it’s discontinued. Or I can take it to a modified place see if they can do something else. (Geeee)

One place told me shipping will take about a 2 month June 24
Hoping you guys can help me located a faster or another solution .
Only way to get to work .
I’m starting to think that I may need to work some more hours to try to get an second car.
Thanks 🙏 .

5/9 Inch I.D. 17-7/16 Inch Long Plastic Fuel Feed Line -
you could build that line with some AN fittings and fuel hose, although it would be a pricey endeavor. I would call a salvage company like LeeCparts and see if they have one on one of the many 5th gens that they are parting out that they can send you. Swapping that out will be a PITA, have to lower the cradle to drop the tank.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 09:15 AM   #3
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
You can also build it with some nylon fuel line, but it takes a good bit of patience. You can get the bends done with a heat gun or boiling water. Boiling water is the safer but more difficult option. You have to over bend the curves a bit because they will relax once they cool.

If the rupture is not too close to a fitting, you can patch it with some fuel line and hose clamps.

Otherwise, look for a salvaged car.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 04:19 PM   #4
Mouse330

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2006 GMC Sierra
Where exactly is it leaking in that pic? At our shop we have a nylon fuel line repair kit with different type/style connectors/unions etc....3/8 and 5/16 line. A shop in your area has gotta have a repair kit like we have here. GL
Mouse330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 04:56 PM   #5
krest509

Thank you guys for the advice, I will take heed , I know I can’t do it ..
If someone in here can , we can discuss donation. lol ( I’m serious) 😩

Below I found this on a website
Do you guys think this will work fine ?

I will call a few salvage place and see how for I can get
Attached Images

Old 05-07-2024, 08:48 AM   #6
krest509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse330 View Post
Where exactly is it leaking in that pic? At our shop we have a nylon fuel line repair kit with different type/style connectors/unions etc....3/8 and 5/16 line. A shop in your area has gotta have a repair kit like we have here. GL
Thanks