Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-12-2010, 07:38 PM   #29
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyman57 View Post
Not crazy about the look of the Mustang either. Like a friend of mine said, you can't throw a rock around here without hitting a Mustang. I think I would buy a Honda or Toyota so I could lose it at the mall just like the Mustang. They all look alike!
Just wait in a couple of years the camaro will be the same way. At least I'm sure that's what GM is hoping for. Seems like everyone on here forgets that they never stopped building the mustang.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #30
SSIN

Drives: 2SS/RS Jewel Coat
I was all set to buy the SRT8 but they wanted corvette money for a DODGE. Im happy I got the 2SS.
SSIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:46 AM   #31
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
I haven't a clue where the mis-calculated belief of the OP was formed, that the second choice for Gen5 owners would be any particular other model or make. Though I do personally like the SR-8's exterior styling under the Star brand. Fact is the interior isn't all that distasteful, and muscle cars don't have to be gawdyfully loaded with frills to fit the class. I've owned a new era Charger and it was a fine automobile over all. The only observation that may be an issue for some is the center consoles upper outer edges are a bit sharp to rest long legs against, especially noticable on long trips...........In as far as the Mustang, it is as well built as any of the others but its simply to crowded for larger drivers.....in my opinion.

My second choice would be a Tundra.......................
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:04 AM   #32
Ammo7
I GOT HER

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs RJT
If it was not for the Camaro I would be driving a Mustang and almost did get one but i had a friend turn me on to the Camaro. just before i was going to buy the mustang. never even considered the Challenger.
2000, Order accepted by GM0-8/11/09
3000, Order accepted by production control 8/12/2009 TPW 09/07/2009
3300, Order scheduled for production 08/25/09
3800, Order produced 09/12/09 2G1FK1EJ6A9145958
4200, shipped 09/14/09
5000 vehicle at dealer 09/28/09
6000 vehicle delivered to customer 09/28/09
Ammo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:45 AM   #33
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
I like all three. I compared all three models and liked what I saw of each but I'm just a GM guy at heart and always wanted a first Gen Camaro but never got to own one. The new style is the closest look to it and all the modern features.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:01 AM   #34
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Absolutely NO FORDs for me! I sat in one and it didn't empress me one bit so I decided not to test drive it. I sat in the Challenger R/T and actually liked the interior, so I decided to take it for a spin and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was, but that test drive was before I test drove the Camaro. Once I got into the Camaro I was SOLD! to me the Camaro is the best all around deal for the money, but as a close second I would love to have a Chally, can't stand Fords Mustanks.

Disclainer: to all you senstive Ford fan boys that trool this site-I apologize for any hurt feelings due to my comments.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:09 AM   #35
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned Hemi 6 View Post
I think not...nicely equipped will run you over 50. I got my SRT8 for around 41 with only 7 miles.
Yeah and my buddy bought his GT500 for well under 50. Even at a few thousand more, the GT500 is well worth the gains over the challenger. They don't even compare. I will say that I like the looks of the challenger better than even the camaro ,but they have a lot of catching up to do in all the other parts.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:52 AM   #36
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
The Challenger is so fugly! Looks like a terd. Like an actually piece of poop. And the Challenger is so more of a rice look then a lot of rice rockets.
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:24 AM   #37
Hwystr
GM Millwright

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6, Lingenfelter
As a GM employee I really didn't have a choice, but let me say the challenger is as good , if not better as a tribute car as the camaro. It has nice clean lines, represents the '70 well, the money for the 6.1 is a bit ridiculous though and only put out 375hp.even the mustang is a bit much , for that cash I can put a supercharger on my ss and dust the mustang all day long.
Hwystr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:01 AM   #38
tw3ss
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 SW/IOM
Vette, CTSV Nuff Said
tw3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #39
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Honestly I'm a Dodge guy at heart, so the Challenger was actually my first choice. However, after comparing the SRT-8 to the Camaro 2SS it wasn't a comparison anymore- the Camaro won.
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:55 AM   #40
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I would never ever in a million years buy another Chrysler product. The last Chrysler product we had was full of problems (and we bought it new) and every time we took it in to the dealer to have it fixed they would say "that is not covered under warranty." The car frequently would not start - they said it was an electrical problem, but would not service it under warranty. We had at least 3 occasions where we spent over $1000 fixing electrical issues in that car. We even tried using another dealer. Same response.

We traded the car in within two years of buying it and took a loss. I will not do business with a company again that would not stand behind their product.

So, no, I would NEVER buy a Challenger or any other Chrysler product. (To be honest, I don't think they look all that good either.)
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:36 PM   #41
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
I haven't a clue where the mis-calculated belief of the OP was formed, that the second choice for Gen5 owners would be any particular other model or make. Though I do personally like the SR-8's exterior styling under the Star brand. Fact is the interior isn't all that distasteful, and muscle cars don't have to be gawdyfully loaded with frills to fit the class. I've owned a new era Charger and it was a fine automobile over all. The only observation that may be an issue for some is the center consoles upper outer edges are a bit sharp to rest long legs against, especially noticable on long trips...........In as far as the Mustang, it is as well built as any of the others but its simply to crowded for larger drivers.....in my opinion.

My second choice would be a Tundra.......................
Read what the OP Said again....

"why is it that most of us 5th gen camaro owners would choose the challenger as our second car? "

He doesn't say everyone, he is making a general perception statement.

I would surmise, having talked with several C5 owners, taht there are a lot of us who would have gone for a Challenger, had there been no new Camaro.

Hardly a miscalculation..... Just a generalized view...It is a broader perspective than any one individual. Which is probably based upon conversations and interaction with other C5 people. I know there are some folks around here who have C5's and their second choice would have been a Challenger, myself included.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:09 PM   #42
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
The new 5.0 in the mustang makes it very tempting to me. But the new 6.4 in the challenger ups the anty that much more on the dodge side. I think were I to buy one right now it would be the challenger because I don't want to get a teensy weensy car.