Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-05-2010, 12:55 PM   #15
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Me personally the factory GFX specially the back with the square holes round exhaust is retarted and they cost about twice what they are worth. In my opinion they should come with square exahust tips and painted to your car color for MSRP of around 800-900 bucks. They probably would sell more that way too.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:37 PM   #16
The Viz

Drives: Everything
Since this always comes up, and everyone wants to argue about it,here you go. If your dealer warrantied it, great until they try to get credit by sending the part back. If you have to pay a deductible, then the warranty didn't cover it. Either your insurance or extended warranty covered it.

right from my service bulletin
Quote:
#09-08-51-002A: Painting Accessory Ground Effects Package - (Jul 15, 2010)

Subject: Painting Accessory Ground Effects Package

Models: 2010-2011 Chevrolet Camaro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to add the 2011 model year and to update the part description information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 09-08-51-002 (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Motors has validated the accessory Chevrolet Camaro ground effects package only with the finish that is applied by the manufacturer.

These parts are not paint to match.

The painting of these components before or after installation is considered a modification. Modifying the components will void the accessory's warranty coverage. Please advise the customer that these parts are not paint to match.

"God help the child who grows out of everything"
The Viz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:51 PM   #17
Pumpkin1LT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT-Enginner View Post
This is true. I had mine installed and painted by the dealer. Paint for entire ghz was 400. I painted them CGM to match the racing stripes. I also damaged the front spoiler and 1 side skirt an they replaced it by ordering me new ones and painted them to match again... Under warranty, no cost to me. Just my deductable for the incident. Which was way cheaper than the parts and paint cost =)
Ok, y'all may just have made my day!! On my way home from the dealership today something large and sharp was kicked up on the highway and put a huge 6-7" gouge in my pass side side skirt. Is this going to be covered under warranty!?!? Oh Dear lord please tell me yes!! I have the extended warranty with only a $100 deductible.

~Steph.

A happy wife is one in the garage getting dirty under her 2010 Camaro!
Pumpkin1LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:42 AM   #18
Alysha

Drives: Camaro SS/RS, Suburban, & Caddy CTS
Mine were already installed, and it cost $700 to remove them, paint them, then reinstall.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:22 AM   #19
The Viz

Drives: Everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin1LT View Post
Ok, y'all may just have made my day!! On my way home from the dealership today something large and sharp was kicked up on the highway and put a huge 6-7" gouge in my pass side side skirt. Is this going to be covered under warranty!?!? Oh Dear lord please tell me yes!! I have the extended warranty with only a $100 deductible.

~Steph.
That would be covered under your car insurance, not your warranty. If something damaged your car, why would your warranty pay for it? A quality issue didn't cause the damage. Your side skirt didn't prematurely wear out, it was involved in a collision, so it's covered under the collision part of your car insurance.

"God help the child who grows out of everything"
The Viz is offline   Reply With Quote