Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-18-2009, 12:27 PM   #29
blindingillusion

Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt 2LT
"GTFO" to me is less of a "never post again" and more of a "you have got to be kidding me" type of thing. My apologies, and I need to remember some short hand can be taken differently across different media and forums.
-Hurst Short Throw Shifter
-20" Polished Aluminum Wheels

Has Owned:
2008 Cobalt
1996 Monte Carlo
1988 Sierra
1979 LeSabre
blindingillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:35 PM   #30
CamaroSSforme
Got my two

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - RJT/Black
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSSforme
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindingillusion View Post
"GTFO" to me is less of a "never post again" and more of a "you have got to be kidding me" type of thing. My apologies, and I need to remember some short hand can be taken differently across different media and forums.
INHO you are totally out of line here on all counts
CamaroSSforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:50 PM   #31
blindingillusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSforme View Post
INHO you are totally out of line here on all counts
Out of line with an apology?

Has Owned:
2008 Cobalt
1996 Monte Carlo
1988 Sierra
1979 LeSabre
Old 02-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #32
teamlynn1
Mr. Chevrolet

Drives: 2007 Tahoe Z71, 2009 Silverado
WOW Illusion you are out of line here period. You have your opinion and have passionatley stated it as has Z28 but neither of you has the right to tell a guy to GTFO or any acronym basically telling a guy to FOff/Fout etc. Each of your opinions have backers in this forum and BOTH sides have a right to be heard. We do not have to agree on evey issue YOU like nor do we have to agree with Z28 but I feel we owe each forum member a modicum of respect for giving their opinion regardless of how we feel. Thats what this forum is about to me, sharing all of our opinions about Camaro's not bashing someone who has an opposing opinion. Ronslo and I have had some spirited debates posted in here but we manage to end them all cordially, if we can so can you my friend. I think this whole link was about you not getting your way with a dealer who's immature salesperson who didnt get their way spouted off and BOTH of you are acting like grade school kids. Lets all remember why we are really here to talk about Camaro's and all the things we love and hate about them!

Quote:
Selling a car OVER MSRP is wrong. You keep adding that selling at MSRP isn't wrong, and we all know that. We also know that it is a SUGGESTED retail price. Stop spoon feeding us words and trying to make us look like idiots.

You know what is wrong about selling over MSRP? It is wrong because it is nothing more than a way for a dealer to put more cash in his or her pocket. People smarter than you and I both do the calculations to figure out MSRP, and if a dealer can't cut it selling at that price then they are in the wrong industry.

If you want to defend dealers trying to gouge people then GTFO man.

Bobby Lynn
GM Burien Chevrolet
www.burienchevrolet.com
206-243-5800 ext 151

teamlynn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:53 PM   #33
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Out of line with an apology?
Let's get back on topic. We all admitted that we made a mistake or two- whether it be the postings or the interpretation of what was posted. Let it drop. We're all good...

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...
Old 02-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #34
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamlynn1 View Post
...Rolnslo and I have had some spirited debates posted in here but we manage to end them all cordially, if we can so can you my friend. ...
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:27 PM   #35
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
I would never buy from this dealer in WV... thanks for the warning.

Hopefully you guys in WV read this thread!
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:42 PM   #36
Adam
You Said Member

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Auto RS
Don't use 'nobody is forcing you to buy a camaro' as an argument unless you want to see GM fail. Seriously.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #37
Tal

Drives: Old
The problem isn't the dealer markup, it's fair enough if they have a car in stock and they can get someone to pay the price (also fair enough if it sits in their lot because of their stupid price). The real problem is the antiquated ordering system GM (and most other manufacturers) are still using. GM should just turn Saturn into their factory-direct custom order sales center for all brands. A low number of popular 'best seller' type models in stock, but friendly no haggle sales on those few cars and any pre-orders to get exactly what you want factory ordered. This wouldn't cut out standard dealers from pre-orders at MSRP or slightly below but it would keep them from driving off GM's customers. The legalities and details would probably take time to workout with updated agreements, etc but it's long overdue.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:14 PM   #38
blindingillusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamlynn1 View Post
WOW Illusion you are out of line here period. You have your opinion and have passionatley stated it as has Z28 but neither of you has the right to tell a guy to GTFO or any acronym basically telling a guy to FOff/Fout etc. Each of your opinions have backers in this forum and BOTH sides have a right to be heard. We do not have to agree on evey issue YOU like nor do we have to agree with Z28 but I feel we owe each forum member a modicum of respect for giving their opinion regardless of how we feel. Thats what this forum is about to me, sharing all of our opinions about Camaro's not bashing someone who has an opposing opinion. Ronslo and I have had some spirited debates posted in here but we manage to end them all cordially, if we can so can you my friend. I think this whole link was about you not getting your way with a dealer who's immature salesperson who didnt get their way spouted off and BOTH of you are acting like grade school kids. Lets all remember why we are really here to talk about Camaro's and all the things we love and hate about them!
Did you even read my post, general I am a collected and cool guy. However; I know what this dealership is known for, and I have had a friend work there and quit because he couldn't do what they asked him to do. I know the only way my opinion would even get noticed around there is ruffle some feathers.

I already have an order in, and I was simply asking them how they are handling their orders down there, and I got the answer I anticipated. I reported my finding to the community in the "Price Gouging Dealers" thread, and started this one because I found the guys reply to be funny and I wanted to share that. I had motive, and I had forethought.

I am a college educated software engineer working on high profile government projects, do not insult my intelligence by calling me a "grade school kid".

That being said and done, arguing in on the internet is just ridiculous and I am offering my copious amounts of apologies to anyone who read this thread and misunderstood any of what anyone is trying to say. It is done, it is over, and we are all friends again.

Viva La Camaro5!

Can a mod please kill this thread?

Has Owned:
2008 Cobalt
1996 Monte Carlo
1988 Sierra
1979 LeSabre
Old 02-18-2009, 04:15 PM   #39
diddiyo

Drives: .
in before close! :>
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:58 PM   #40
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
selling a car over MSRP is wrong.
I'm sure a dealer's opinion is that selling a hot, new, limited model UNDER MSRP is wrong.

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:50 PM   #41
Jferrell88

Drives: black 2ss/rs
Quote:
I have been contacting dealers for a while now, and one I got a hold of months ago finally decided to pay me some of their precious attention. I posted about them in the gouging thread because they are charging mark up.

The kicker is that I have never seen a salesman reply and defend my criticism, EVER. I have seen dealership managers post to defend, but to insult a potential customer is almost unheard of. I figured I would post that email as a general post just so some people see it and get a laugh.

BTW, the reason they sell 3 times more cars than dealerships where I am is because they are the only one for 50-80 miles around. In my area we have 6 or more in a 30 mile radius. Left his email in there in case you want to voice your opinion.
I live in huntington, wv well across the river, and i know of 3 dealers with allocations available left as of last week if your interested.
Jferrell88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:52 PM   #42
blindingillusion

I have one. This dealer just saw fit to return my email about 5 months late.

Has Owned:
2008 Cobalt
1996 Monte Carlo
1988 Sierra
1979 LeSabre