Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 01-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #1891
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenNut View Post
"IF YOU CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH"
Kind of defeatist and chicken. So then don't even TRY to run with the big dogs?

NOBODY is born a big dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
They broke off the shop cars at Camaro fest and the majority, prob 99%, agreed that was the best way. Shops have a distinct advantage over customers. There's no arguing that.

If it wasn't a shop car it was represented by a shop. Even Terris car had IPS out there with her.

At least for the fest I say have a shop car category would be cool.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #1892
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
When you run DOT drag radials you can. Keep trying its street legal even with a dealer plate.
Like I said before

"IF YOU CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH"
Wasnt talking about u..
talking about all the slicks on the street car list LoL

I dont even know who you are.. talkin about keep trying..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #1893
BrokenNut

Drives: GM of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
Wasnt talking about u..
talking about all the slicks on the street car list LoL

I dont even know who you are.. talkin about keep trying..
But yet you quoted me? Oh my bad sorry...
Old 01-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #1894
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

If it wasn't a shop car it was represented by a shop. Even Terris car had IPS out there with her.

Well, all the cars had shop support. Chris's car won, not ADM. Chris paid for it. My car finished 2nd, I payed for it, not Ted. While we all
Enjoy certain perks from working closely with a shop it's not the same as a shop owned car. If the owner of a shop wants to spend an extra 50 hours on something he can. No shop is doing that for a customer for free. Shops buy parts cheaper than we can. That's a fact.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #1895
GQ4Life

Quote:
But yet you quoted me? Oh my bad sorry...
Just didnt mean ur car personally. I dont know what car is urs on the list.. Just meant with the current rules saying street registered and mentioned somewhere street legal but a bunch have slicks..
so I dont see what it matter registered or not if slicks are ok for the list. I can gut my camaro to nothing.. remove headlights turn it to a prostock and still have it street registered, DMV doesnt come out and check the car.. I wouldnt be surprised if the cars on the street registered (ones probably complaining about one not being registered) dont see the street probably more then 100miles a year anyway LoL..

I dont know where the fight started for, or what car was street registered..
if they want to do a street legal list.. make it DOT Drag Radials and car has to be driven atleast 6K miles a year.. other wise take the street registered down..
Now Shop car list would be cool to see.. but like superchargedss said what make it a shop car?
Shop pays 100%, shop gives them a discount, no charge for labor?
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
Old 01-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #1896
GQ4Life

Quote:
Well, all the cars had shop support. Chris's car won, not ADM. Chris paid for it. My car finished 2nd, I payed for it, not Ted. While we all
Enjoy certain perks from working closely with a shop it's not the same as a shop owned car. If the owner of a shop wants to spend an extra 50 hours on something he can. No shop is doing that for a customer for free. Shops buy parts cheaper than we can. That's a fact.
Good point.. their labor is their freetime not the $100 a hour.. all parts at cost not whatever mark up is..
Old 01-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #1897
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Fair enough.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #1898
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
Good point.. their labor is their freetime not the $100 a hour.. all parts at cost not whatever mark up is..
In fairness to the shops they still need to pay their employees to complete the work. I was referring to say a tuner spending hours on a $50000 dyno to dial something into. Or something to that affect. But you get the idea.

The shop car category seems like a gd idea. I don't see what the problem is.

Let the big dogs fight it out while we watch from the porch.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #1899
BrokenNut

Drives: GM of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Kind of defeatist and chicken. So then don't even TRY to run with the big dogs?

NOBODY is born a big dog.

Guess I should have used different words. The keyboard doesn't show my nicer side! No slam intended.
The competition and friendship is what its all about! BRING IT!!

Guess you have your right to your opinion, My opinion is this, The shops are there to show off what they build, design, engineer. To make a living in this industry.
But yet the majority doesn't want them on the list that they first created???
Why????
Why would this be different from an individual building the same thing? I dont see much of anything on the fast cars that someone couldn't buy and build themselves.
I would just about bet, records will be broken by an individual in 2013 in the fast list. So if that happens, would it be safe to let the shop cars back in?
Old 01-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #1900
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Guess I should have used different words. The keyboard doesn't show my nicer side! No slam intended.
The competition and friendship is what its all about! BRING IT!!

Guess you have your right to your opinion, My opinion is this, The shops are there to show off what they build, design, engineer. To make a living in this industry.
But yet the majority doesn't want them on the list that they first created???
Why????
Why would this be different from an individual building the same thing? I dont see much of anything on the fast cars that someone couldn't buy and build themselves.
I would just about bet, records will be broken by an individual in 2013 in the fast list. So if that happens, would it be safe to let the shop cars back in?
First of all Mlee's is gonna start cracking skulls bc this discussion shouldn't be going on in the area. But I saw him drag race his ZL and he's lucky he's allowed anywhere near the drag racing section!!

BN makes a very gd point. I could very well just tell Ted to build me the fastest 5th gen around. It wouldn't be hard and he would love it. I'm happy tinkering with my slothy turd. He's actually building that car for Ray now. There isn't anything anyone of us couldn't do. Just something about the word "shop" that makes it seem taboo. Jason and Bill have cars that have as much technology has any other car. These "shop" cars aren't gutted race cars and there is no law saying if you don't have A/C or a radio you aren't street legal.

In the end it's only a list. Just don't F with the unlimited stock discplacement list and its all good!!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #1901
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
I agree with broken nut completely. If the list means that much to ppl then they should step it up and work harder or spend more money or whatever it takes. Me personally I don't really car about the list. I've had many runs ( not so many lately) that would have made it on the list that I didnt even post up or talk about. I'll post a slip when it will put me at #1. The list is a good learning tool though to see what something can or should run. I just feel like it's gonna turn into pee wee football where everyone is a winner and we all should get a trophy.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #1902
Lou@ARH

Drives: IRS RECORD HOLDING 5thGEN 7.67 @179
Look what I've started lol... Like I stated in one of my prior quotes, A "Shop Car" is a car owned and driven by the shop. If a company wants to invest in and sponsor a customers car that can also be considered a shop car. It's something the company is using to promote themselves.

So basically ANY car that is either built and driven by a shop or sponsored by a shop is considered a "Shop Car"

For expample: Jamie's (superchargedss) car was built by Jennetty, but Jennetty does not sponsor him. That is NOT a shop car.
Lou@ARH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:52 PM   #1903
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLE58 View Post
I agree with broken nut completely. If the list means that much to ppl then they should step it up and work harder or spend more money or whatever it takes. Me personally I don't really car about the list. I've had many runs ( not so many lately) that would have made it on the list that I didnt even post up or talk about. I'll post a slip when it will put me at #1. The list is a good learning tool though to see what something can or should run. I just feel like it's gonna turn into pee wee football where everyone is a winner and we all should get a trophy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou@ARH View Post
Look what I've started lol... Like I stated in one of my prior quotes, A "Shop Car" is a car owned and driven by the shop. If a company wants to invest in and sponsor a customers car that can also be considered a shop car. It's something the company is using to promote themselves.

So basically ANY car that is either built by a shop or sponsored by a shop is considered a "Shop Car"

For expample: Jamie's (superchargedss) car was built by Jennetty, but Jennetty does not sponsor him. That is NOT a shop car.
Ted would like to have a shop car but he's is always having to work on Jamie's "street" car poor guy.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #1904
Lou@ARH

Drives: IRS RECORD HOLDING 5thGEN 7.67 @179
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLE58 View Post
Ted would like to have a shop car but he's is always having to work on Jamie's "street" car poor guy.
Haha
Lou@ARH is offline   Reply With Quote