Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-16-2010, 02:40 PM   #29
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
I always try to avoid the Autozone/Advance Auto Parts guys (less aggrevation for both buyer and seller) and look up what I need from the owner's manual or from this site.

Tail lights are 3157K - if you want the Sylvania Silver Star its 3157ST - I just replaced my taillights with these - a bit brighter in braking but otherwise looks the same when just on.
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:07 PM   #30
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
i worked at auto zone as a manager for more than two years...

they offer no training and intentionally hire people that know nothing about cars and the automotive industry (plus they dont pay well so the people that do know some things tend not to work there or not stay there). That being said there are some people that work at autozone that know what they are talking about you just have to find them and then keep returning to them if you have a problem...

you cant expect them to know everything about model specific information (especially if it is a new car)

but it also sounds like the salesman did not did not listen to the customer and that is an even bigger problem...
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #31
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
When I picked up my car last year I went strate to an autozone to put a detailing kit together for the car .as I'm paying the guy he says is that your camaro I proudly say why yes.he then tells me it has to be the ugliest Thing he's ever seen.I look at him and said he had no right saying anything about some ones car if it was negative.after all you sell parts for all cars.he got real pissy with me and started his ford is better rant .I told him I really didn't give a sh#t about that stuff and asked if he sold any ford parts he starts rubbing his head and says fords are faster.so I look him in the face and say well maybe you can get a ford to clean this up and slid my arm across the counter and every thing on the floor.ok maybe I was childish but it felt so good.

I would have peed myself if I was there to witness that -- then he'd have another mess to clean up....
Old 08-16-2010, 03:19 PM   #32
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
Sounds like he has piss poor customer relations. Especially for a a Car parts store.

But then again you actions were no better.

Store Clerk - 0
You- 0
Pretty much...
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:29 PM   #33
Wilder
Synergy Green <3

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
One word....Mexico!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=4383&pictureid=93296
Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:33 PM   #34
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
You might as well go into a bed bath and beyond and ask about your car part needs as to go into an autozone. I think you would get just as good advice.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:39 PM   #35
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
If the Camaro was made in mexico...then it would have 6 on the floor....and 12 in the backseat

solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:42 PM   #36
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
When I picked up my car last year I went strate to an autozone to put a detailing kit together for the car .as I'm paying the guy he says is that your camaro I proudly say why yes.he then tells me it has to be the ugliest Thing he's ever seen.I look at him and said he had no right saying anything about some ones car if it was negative.after all you sell parts for all cars.he got real pissy with me and started his ford is better rant .I told him I really didn't give a sh#t about that stuff and asked if he sold any ford parts he starts rubbing his head and says fords are faster.so I look him in the face and say well maybe you can get a ford to clean this up and slid my arm across the counter and every thing on the floor.ok maybe I was childish but it felt so good.
Wow...really?

Horrible customer service..but ..I'd have 86'd your ass from the store and black listed you.

All of that because he talked crap about your car and said Fords' are faster? So you floor all his counter stuff?

Way to be mature there, ace
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:03 PM   #37
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
AutoZone worker thought the Camaros are built in California? No way dude. We don't make no stinkin cars in Mexifornia.

Last time I went to AutoZone when I was finishing up the cooling system of the Factory Five Roadster which was using a March Pulley system. The part # on the drivebelt was rubbed off so I know I would have a hard time dealing with a parts-counter person on determining which one I need. But I knew it was a A/C Delco belt but didn't matter as long as it was long enough.
So, I took a picture of my engine bay so I remember the belt routing and off I went to AutoZone.
Me: I need a serpentine belt, maybe about 26-28".
Mr Attitude: Yus tel me wat car mang
Me: Ummm, it is not gonna help you. Maybe if you just look up a Mustang 302 engine drive belt, that would be a good start
Mr Attitude: My coputer gots all the carz, tel me yor car mang.
Me: Ok, it is a Factory Five Roadster.
Mr Attitude: (type, type, type and more typing on the keyboard then after 3 frustrated minutes) Mang, wat jew sey yor car was? Like a rodster sumting? I no seeing it on my coputer. Is it like a Chebby or sumting?
Me: It is a Factory Five Roadster and no, I doubt you will find it in your database...(interrupts me)
Mr Attitude: I no lookin in my database or sumting, I lookin in my coputer and it no listin it no place mang
Me: Okay, from the beginning. Can you please just look up a 24-28" serpentine belt for me and you can look up any Ford 302 or maybe try a 1988 Mustang GT and let me see it, it may work as long as it is long enough and wide enough.
Mr Attitude: Okey, jew se Mustang? Jour car a Mustang?
Me: No dude. It doesn't matter what car I have, just look up and bring me a Mustang belt and let me see?
Mr Attitude: If jew dong hab a Mustang, da belt no work and I no gib jew a repund, ok?
Me: Okay, no problem. I just want to measure first anyway, I am not gonna buy it if it is too short or too long.
Mr Attitude: I no get it in da bak if jew not gona buy it dude.
Me: (getting agitated at this point) ok, how much is it?
Mr Attitude: I dunno dude. I dont look it up yet cos jew dont tel me da rite car.
Me: It is for a 2006 factory Five Roadster.
Mr Attitude: Oh, jew did not tel me the year before dude.
Me: dude, it doesn't what year. It is not in your database!
Mr Attitude: If it is not in my coputer, I need the part number, jew gimme it.
Me: I already told you dude, look up a 1988 Mustang GT!
Mr Attitude: Dude dont be gettin mad at me mang. Jew da one who dont know wat make your car is.
Me: I know my car and it is not in your COPUTER which is why I asked you from the beginning to look up a 302 drivebelt or a Mustang GT! Here, this is what I need. (showed him the pic of my engine bay so he can see the belt)
Mr Attitude: Dat not a Mustang dude.

I just turned around and walked off as I wanted to hit him with one of the $1 hammer in the cheap-parts bin.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:47 PM   #38
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
AutoZone worker thought the Camaros are built in California? No way dude. We don't make no stinkin cars in Mexifornia.

Last time I went to AutoZone when I was finishing up the cooling system of the Factory Five Roadster which was using a March Pulley system. The part # on the drivebelt was rubbed off so I know I would have a hard time dealing with a parts-counter person on determining which one I need. But I knew it was a A/C Delco belt but didn't matter as long as it was long enough.
So, I took a picture of my engine bay so I remember the belt routing and off I went to AutoZone.
Me: I need a serpentine belt, maybe about 26-28".
Mr Attitude: Yus tel me wat car mang
Me: Ummm, it is not gonna help you. Maybe if you just look up a Mustang 302 engine drive belt, that would be a good start
Mr Attitude: My coputer gots all the carz, tel me yor car mang.
Me: Ok, it is a Factory Five Roadster.
Mr Attitude: (type, type, type and more typing on the keyboard then after 3 frustrated minutes) Mang, wat jew sey yor car was? Like a rodster sumting? I no seeing it on my coputer. Is it like a Chebby or sumting?
Me: It is a Factory Five Roadster and no, I doubt you will find it in your database...(interrupts me)
Mr Attitude: I no lookin in my database or sumting, I lookin in my coputer and it no listin it no place mang
Me: Okay, from the beginning. Can you please just look up a 24-28" serpentine belt for me and you can look up any Ford 302 or maybe try a 1988 Mustang GT and let me see it, it may work as long as it is long enough and wide enough.
Mr Attitude: Okey, jew se Mustang? Jour car a Mustang?
Me: No dude. It doesn't matter what car I have, just look up and bring me a Mustang belt and let me see?
Mr Attitude: If jew dong hab a Mustang, da belt no work and I no gib jew a repund, ok?
Me: Okay, no problem. I just want to measure first anyway, I am not gonna buy it if it is too short or too long.
Mr Attitude: I no get it in da bak if jew not gona buy it dude.
Me: (getting agitated at this point) ok, how much is it?
Mr Attitude: I dunno dude. I dont look it up yet cos jew dont tel me da rite car.
Me: It is for a 2006 factory Five Roadster.
Mr Attitude: Oh, jew did not tel me the year before dude.
Me: dude, it doesn't what year. It is not in your database!
Mr Attitude: If it is not in my coputer, I need the part number, jew gimme it.
Me: I already told you dude, look up a 1988 Mustang GT!
Mr Attitude: Dude dont be gettin mad at me mang. Jew da one who dont know wat make your car is.
Me: I know my car and it is not in your COPUTER which is why I asked you from the beginning to look up a 302 drivebelt or a Mustang GT! Here, this is what I need. (showed him the pic of my engine bay so he can see the belt)
Mr Attitude: Dat not a Mustang dude.

I just turned around and walked off as I wanted to hit him with one of the $1 hammer in the cheap-parts bin.

man... you must have been watching me in the parts store haha This exact thing happens just about EVERY time haha

I have luckily found a guy finally at NAPA who is an absolute genious. I say I need piece x to do job y... he says oh ya they were on all the chevy A-bodies from 19XX to 19YY. guy must be pushing 80, and I am just in total awe of his knowledge haha aside from him though i've had terrible luck with people listening to me when i'm in there. If you can't tell them what car it's from, you might as well ask in klingon and you'll be getting the exact skit outlined above. It's like a monty python show haha.

... yes I'd like to buy an argument.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:04 PM   #39
Rwarchol

Drives: 2010 1LT SIM A6, 2005 GTO TR A4
Actually according to the sticker (believe on the inside of the door?) our car is 24% Mexican and Foreign.
Rwarchol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:52 PM   #40
Maa107
Someone give me a Camaro!

Drives: '09HHR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Don't forget you guys also have the McKenzie Brothers and "The Great White North" ...
And Pamela Anderson lol
Old 08-16-2010, 07:05 PM   #41
soniccj7

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS IBM
I know how you feel. I own a 1982 Jeep Cj7 with parts ranging from 1970-1989. Very difficult for them to understand what I need. I once walked out of Advanced Auto because the guy said I only had one more chance to get the correct year and make for an alternator. I don't have a stock alternator on the AMC V8 that should not be in an 82 CJ7 anyway :-). Turns out it is a 1984 Chevy Cavalier alternator.

ED
soniccj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:38 PM   #42
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
First off any one that knows me will tell you that I'm pretty easy going.I don't go to that store any more .for the service I got was not welcome .He provoked every thng and by the way when you sell parts you leave your personal fealings at the door.sorry.there was more insulting manner given than I gave trust me. I would help any who ask and don't care what they drive as long as they rock it.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote