Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-16-2015, 07:35 PM   #15
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Didn't read through this but I just went to the car wash today and I ALWAYS a spray down my front bumper, under skirt and rear bumper down with Adams all purpose cleaner and it gets rid of everything every time. That stuff is amazing. I've used the Bug and Tar remover from Napa with mixed results.
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 09:55 AM   #16
Yendor

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE Hyper Blue
WD-40 is milder than most bug and tar removers, it has been used on cars for years.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:10 PM   #17
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
try turtle wax tar and bug remover. New spray on formula on right in picture works great. No more tough scrubbing, tar and bugs melt away
Attached Images

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:17 PM   #18
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
I have been using this, it works best if you can get to them right away. Will still work the next day, but may need to let soak a little longer. www.ppcbest.com/bug_melt.htm
Old 04-17-2015, 01:01 PM   #19
seven

Drives: 2015 Camaro RS 2LT AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
Didn't read through this but I just went to the car wash today and I ALWAYS a spray down my front bumper, under skirt and rear bumper down with Adams all purpose cleaner and it gets rid of everything every time. That stuff is amazing. I've used the Bug and Tar remover from Napa with mixed results.
Yes but aren't you stripping your wax off using all purpose spray?
2015 RS Camaro 2LT with Sunroof, Performance Exhaust, Ground Effects, Tinted Windows, LED Fog Lights(DD), CAI Cold Air Intake, Ghosted Side Markers(Showstopper), Elite Catch Can, Xpel & SunTek PPF, Replica Z28 High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 Replica Wheels(Satin Black Factory Reproductions)
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:51 PM   #20
Tecca

Drives: ...
Well we got dryer sheets, WD-40, lets add lighter fluid, and brake cleaner to the mix.

I am one that loves trying different products out and seeing if it works and all but this one always blows my mind. I guess it is because everyone is always in a hurry an/or have no patience.

Seriously all that is needed is some soapy water, a mf towel, and some time. Just dunk your towel in your bucket get it wet, ring it out a tad and drape the towel over the area that the bug guts are on, and let sit for 10-15 minutes and then with your wash pad/mitt/sponge wipe the guts away. It might take a couple times to get the bug guts rehydrated but it beats spraying mineral spirits and whatever other oils on your clear coat and or clear bra. Also as stated there are some aftermarket clear coats that will soften with the use of WD-40.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:37 PM   #21
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Whenever I take my Camaro out before I leave the house I get a microfiber towel and dampen it with water and detail spray and whenever I get to where im going I check for bugs or bird shit, if it has any I simply wipe it off and same deal when I get back home so when I wash my Camaro I dont have bug or bird shit issues.

PS: Junkman did a thread on how to remove bugs and bird shit a year or so ago, you might run a search on it and his method seems solid as does all of his detailing threads.
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:47 AM   #22
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecca View Post
Well we got dryer sheets, WD-40, lets add lighter fluid, and brake cleaner to the mix.

I am one that loves trying different products out and seeing if it works and all but this one always blows my mind. I guess it is because everyone is always in a hurry an/or have no patience.

Seriously all that is needed is some soapy water, a mf towel, and some time. Just dunk your towel in your bucket get it wet, ring it out a tad and drape the towel over the area that the bug guts are on, and let sit for 10-15 minutes and then with your wash pad/mitt/sponge wipe the guts away. It might take a couple times to get the bug guts rehydrated but it beats spraying mineral spirits and whatever other oils on your clear coat and or clear bra. Also as stated there are some aftermarket clear coats that will soften with the use of WD-40.
I agree with this. If you want something fast though I use tarminator. Super easy to use.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote