Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-29-2024, 01:25 PM   #1
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
mobile install?

Anyone use Tirerack's mobile install service? I'm not replacing my rims, just the tires, so can they do all that at my house??

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 01:52 PM   #2
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
Anyone use Tirerack's mobile install service? I'm not replacing my rims, just the tires, so can they do all that at my house??

Yep, I've used them plenty of times. Personally I already took the wheels off my cars myself though before they came, figure it's more peace-of-mind for myself.

They come with a van with tire mounting/balancing equipment inside it and do the work right on the van.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 02:24 PM   #3
E.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
Yep, I've used them plenty of times. Personally I already took the wheels off my cars myself though before they came, figure it's more peace-of-mind for myself.

They come with a van with tire mounting/balancing equipment inside it and do the work right on the van.

Interesting. I might give it a try. There is a local shop, but if someone can come here and do it, even better. It sounds like they even have a guarantee with the balancing, and if something's off, they'll fix it.

Old 04-30-2024, 06:02 AM   #4
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
I have not heard of this, Can I go on their site and see if they come to my area? I am assuming Tire rack makes the mobile service have decent equipment.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 09:24 AM   #5
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
I agree that i would take the wheels off of my car before they arrived, as well as re-install them after they were done. Especially if I had Forgelines like you. I have very little faith in most mechanics, contractors, etc... They will probably mount and balance your tires just fine, but I wouldn't want them touching my car lol. I have alot of trust issues with most shops, even dealerships.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 08:59 PM   #6
E.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
I agree that i would take the wheels off of my car before they arrived, as well as re-install them after they were done. Especially if I had Forgelines like you. I have very little faith in most mechanics, contractors, etc... They will probably mount and balance your tires just fine, but I wouldn't want them touching my car lol. I have alot of trust issues with most shops, even dealerships.

Thanks. Yeah, anyone else touching my car makes me nervous, but sometimes it's inevitable. I can do some basic work, but not having a lift and not being able to do more advanced stuff myself means taking it in. I'm still pissed that I scraped my front wheel the other week and got some bad rash on the rim All this time, I managed to keep them pristine, but I guess it was bound to happen.

If I do try the mobile thing, I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Old 05-01-2024, 09:38 AM   #7
E.T.

Haha, so it turns out, their remote install isn't available in my area. A few third party installlers will do that, but their places I've never heard of. There is a really well known wheel shop right down the street from me, so i'm just gonna go with them.

Old 05-03-2024, 06:18 PM   #8
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
A little off topic.. but when searching for a phone number for Discount Tire here in my area via google maps... I learned that Discount Tire is merging with Tire Rack and will become Tire Rack.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 09:58 PM   #9
E.T.

Interesting!

I ended up getting my tires (from Tire Rack) installed by a local shop, and they did a bang up job. These PS 4S tires are really nice. Ride improved vs the PSS I had on before. Traction is better, too, but I went from 295s to 315s out back, so that could be part of it. Not cheap, but seem to be worth it!