Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-24-2024, 11:02 PM   #1
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Going on rear, leave front as is?

I want to move up from 295s to 315s on the rear, but not sure if I should leave the front be? They're currently 275/35. Also, wondering if I should get a 275/40 instead? I see 40 is the recommended size, but I've been running 35s all this time. I don't think the tires came in a 40 back when I got them.

Finally, what is the best place to buy? I emailed Tirerack to ask these questions, but no one responded yet. I also emailed the vendor where I bought my original PSS tires over a decade ago, but no reply from them, either.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 07:11 AM   #2
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
I want to move up from 295s to 315s on the rear, but not sure if I should leave the front be? They're currently 275/35. Also, wondering if I should get a 275/40 instead? I see 40 is the recommended size, but I've been running 35s all this time. I don't think the tires came in a 40 back when I got them.

Finally, what is the best place to buy? I emailed Tirerack to ask these questions, but no one responded yet. I also emailed the vendor where I bought my original PSS tires over a decade ago, but no reply from them, either.
I don't think you will hear much from Tire Rack. They seem to go with what's recommended from the manufacturer and will not like to deviate from it. You can try to get on their website and live chat with them?

I just bought a set of Hawk ceramic brake pads from Tire Rack and one guy actually gave me the correct part number for the rear eventhough they did not have a listing for them when you searched the car on their website. I actually got the same part number direct from Hawk when I was actually able to get through to them... when I went to order them I had to call or chat to place the order and "it was on me if they weren't the correct pad"
Old 04-25-2024, 01:54 PM   #3
E.T.

Thanks, I could try calling them. They said they'd reply to my email in 2 days, but no joy yet. I wouldn't think I'd have to beg someone to take my money, LOL.

My main question is, what's the diff between these two tires. This is what I want for the rear, but one says Ferrari and the other says Porsche, but they both appear to be the same size??
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2024, 02:40 PM   #4
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
It's not that unusual to find "special" tires for the high end car brands. It can be a slightly stiffer sidewall, a slightly different compound, etc. You would probably have to get on forums for those brands to try and find out what the difference is.

Also found this https://www.tirerack.com/upgrade-gar...41fb130a82b821
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 10:52 PM   #5
E.T.

Thanks! So, I'm guessing either one would work OK? Ferrari sounds cooler, LOL, so maybe I'll just go with that one.

Old 04-26-2024, 07:59 AM   #6
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
If you compare the two with Tire Rack compare feature, the Ferrari is slightly heavier with slightly more tread depth and width. But I don't know how accurate that is.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote