Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-30-2024, 05:35 PM   #1
Cali_Camaro_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS (BLACK)
Codes p0300 & p0357

Hey guys so just had my check engine light come on, checked it and pulled codes 0300 and 0357

0300-random misfire detected
0356- ignition coil g primary/ secondary circuit.

Just seeing if I can get some input about getting these 2 codes popping up.
Haven’t checked anything yet as it just happened but will check the plugs, wires, connections. Let me know if anyone has experience with this.

Thanks
1SS: Dnyatech LT Headers | Dynamaxx CatBack | Diablo Tune | Intake | Pfatds Springs | Heritage Grill | Blacked out Bezels | Black Chevy Sign | Blacked out Wheels | Tint | HIDs w/Error code Eliminator | Green Dome/Trunk Light |

Cali_Camaro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 05:53 AM   #2
Pops

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 2012 C6 vette M6
You may need fresh coils. Maybe sparkplugs. You may have gotten some lower quality gas and need to run some fuel injector cleaner. Stick with tier one gas stations and see how long its been for hard parts.
Pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 06:48 AM   #3
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
Probably coil.
chevy pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 11:46 AM   #4
Cali_Camaro_SS

Yea haven’t used cheap gas. Always use shell 91 octane so shouldn’t be that. How do you know if the coils are bad or need replacing? I reset the light to see if it comes back for now.
1SS: Dnyatech LT Headers | Dynamaxx CatBack | Diablo Tune | Intake | Pfatds Springs | Heritage Grill | Blacked out Bezels | Black Chevy Sign | Blacked out Wheels | Tint | HIDs w/Error code Eliminator | Green Dome/Trunk Light |

Old 04-01-2024, 04:28 PM   #5
Mouse330

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2006 GMC Sierra
I would just swap the coil, But to be sure you can swap two coils and run the engine and check for the code to move to the cylinder you put the suspect coil. The pink wire(D) is ignition voltage and the black wire(A) is ground on all coils, You can check these with a test light or power probe. GL
Mouse330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM   #6
Cali_Camaro_SS

Thanks for the info!

Old 04-14-2024, 06:34 PM   #7
Cali_Camaro_SS

Ok so the cel came back on. Note sure if this is a coincidence or not but the first time the light came on it was raining, drove it for 2 weeks and it was raining today again and it came back on. And this time I also had the service stabilitrak message appeared with the 3 lights but turned off within 10 secs.
Same 2 codes as before.
P0300 & P0357
The car seems to drive fine and not rough.

I’m assuming to just start off with swapping the coil and go from there?
If I swap 2 coils to see if it follows Would I just reset the light and wait till the cel comes back to read the codes?

Old 04-24-2024, 05:26 PM   #8
Mouse330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Camaro_SS View Post
Ok so the cel came back on. Note sure if this is a coincidence or not but the first time the light came on it was raining, drove it for 2 weeks and it was raining today again and it came back on. And this time I also had the service stabilitrak message appeared with the 3 lights but turned off within 10 secs.
Same 2 codes as before.
P0300 & P0357
The car seems to drive fine and not rough.

I’m assuming to just start off with swapping the coil and go from there?
If I swap 2 coils to see if it follows Would I just reset the light and wait till the cel comes back to read the codes?
Yes you would swap coils and clear codes to see it the code follows the coil. I would just replace the coil
Old 04-24-2024, 10:32 PM   #9
Cali_Camaro_SS

Yea I just replaced it today so I’ll clear it and see how it goes 🙏

Old 04-25-2024, 09:48 AM   #10
Drakin

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS RS
P0357:

Possible Causes Setting Conditions

ignition Coil 7 has failed
IC Ignition circuit is open (check the ODD INJ fuse in the U/H fuse block)
IC ground circuit is open or has high resistance
IC circuit is open, shorted to ground or shorted to voltage
IC connector is damaged (check pins for damage, and for moisture)
Ignition Coil 7 has failed
ECM has failed
Drakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 05:22 PM   #11
Cali_Camaro_SS

Alright so after changing the coil the light came back on with same code.
Switched the new coil with another and it did not follow. So of course my luck it’s not the coil.

Thank you for the break down of the possible causes I’ll will look into that. Hopefully nothing to crazy but I guess we’ll see.

Old 04-29-2024, 04:09 PM   #12
Mouse330

Few things to test, Disconnect the #7 coil connector, There's four wires going to the coil, A is Black, B is Brown, C is Red and D is Pink. KOEO you should have ignition voltage on D(Pink). A(BLK) and B(Brown) are ground circuits. If not you will have to check the wiring. All odd coils are fed by fuse 10 so the fuse should be good or the whole bank would be dead but you could lose V after coil #5 in the harness if there's no V to #7. GL
Old 04-29-2024, 08:47 PM   #13
Cali_Camaro_SS

Well when it comes to electrical I am very inexperienced. Will a multimeter work for testing the connector or do I need to get a circuit tester?

I also would think if it’s the fuse then all odd coils would be dead? Either way I checked the fuse and the fuse itself is intact and fine but I noticed the fuse pins or prongs not sure what they are called but they looked burned? Is that an issue or normal?
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2024, 07:47 AM   #14
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse330 View Post
All odd coils are fed by fuse 10 so the fuse should be good or the whole bank would be dead
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote