Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 05-27-2011, 09:35 AM   #5741
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Hey Heinz,

How did the Lasik go?

Can you read this?

What about this?

How about this?

I still am amazed after 6 years or so that I can wake up and read the alarm clock.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:15 AM   #5742
photonfury
I wanna go fast!!!!

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Inferno Orange Metallic
If i throw on a rotofab or CAI whould i be worried about running lean at WOT on a stock tune?
The only other mod i have to the drive is a solo catback
Old 05-27-2011, 10:23 AM   #5743
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Not at all... But swing down to CincySpeed and have them check it. Plus it would be nice to know what you're putting down.

Not sure what they charge for a couple pulls with a/f reading.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #5744
photonfury
I wanna go fast!!!!

Thats what i was thinking, i'm planning on swinging down there later to pick up either a rotofab or CAI. right now i'm leaning towards a CAI because that is what MPD1's hood is designed to work with.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:28 AM   #5745
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Like J said... you don't need a tune with an intake. You will notice better throttle response and a better sound when you go WOT when you get one.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:31 AM   #5746
photonfury
I wanna go fast!!!!

I've just been reading some threads about guys who run lean at WOT and end up damaging their engines. I don't want to have a problem if i put the CAI in. I do like to mash it do the floor from time to time.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:15 AM   #5747
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
Hey Heinz,

How did the Lasik go?

Can you read this?

What about this?

How about this?

I still am amazed after 6 years or so that I can wake up and read the alarm clock.
LOL

The Lasik went pretty good yesterday. During the procedure there was no pain just a little discomfort at certain steps. Immediately after, I could already see much better than before without corrective lens.

After getting home, the medicated drops stung a lot when first put in otherwise my eyes didn't feel too bad just scratchy which decreased significantly during the day. Last night my vision seemed pretty good. I'm supposed to wear googles when sleeping which aren't the most comfortable.

Don't I look stylish? I felt like I should be in some si-fi movie or perhaps diving in a pool with these googles.
Attachment 245396

This morning I woke up and my eyes felt normal and I could see at least 20/20 during the check-up visit.

I had heard of people having uncomfortable dry eyes (including my brother who went to Lasik Plus) but I've not had any feeling of dry eyes. So far, I would recommend Stahl Vision in Beavercreek.

Last edited by heinzd01; 09-08-2011 at 07:56 PM.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:08 PM   #5748
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Good to hear. Yes, those nighttime goggles are stylish. I'm sure I would have rubbed my eyes in my sleep if I didn't use them.

I had just a little dryness with mine, but then I would think of Ol' Yeller.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #5749
photonfury
I wanna go fast!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post
I'm polishing up the '76. I hope to get there early again.
I'm gonna try to make the cruise in. Heading up to IPS to buy an intake, then back down to dayton. Hope to be back around 1900.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #5750
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
Quote:
Originally Posted by photonfury View Post
If it clears up who is up for the cruise in?
If someone tells me a time and place, I'll go! (and dont just say lofinos, theres lofinos in beavercreek and one in huber heights...)
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:43 PM   #5751
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Next week's SCCA Autocross is at Wilmington Airport, so its on the north side this time around. It's going to be capped at 80 people, so if anyone wants to go, you better preregister at cincyscca.com

We've already got filling FS and STU classes. Looks like several camaros and some direct ford competition, as well as Pontiac and CTS-V partners in crime. This may be one of the best runs yet, and wilmington airport is going to allow better speeds than we get at turfway!
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Old 05-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #5752
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumblebeeAmigo View Post
If someone tells me a time and place, I'll go!
The time is anywhere from 4 till 8 PM at the old Eastgate Ford dealership in Beavercreek. I75 north to I675 to U.S.35 east. Two miles, exit at N. Fairfield Road, go straight thru the light and it becomes SeaJay Drive. About 500 feet turn left into the Lofinos parking lot, drive back thru the cars and keep right to get back where we park in the old dealership lot. I'll probably only go for an hour tonight. Sounds like Heinzd is on his way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photonfury View Post
I'm gonna try to make the cruise in. Heading up to IPS to buy an intake, then back down to dayton. Hope to be back around 1900.
I won't be there till 7PM, but I am considering your PM request. (I do have one)
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:11 PM   #5753
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
I'm not going to make it tonight - bad headache. Hopefully next week!

Heinz, glad to see your Lazik went well!
Old 05-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #5754
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Wow really?? Maybe I can't make it tonight then... I'm an hour and a half away and I need to shower. I should be able to come next week though... I was going to buy a car in huber heights though this weekend, so I may just have to call them and see if I can buy it tonight, then I should be able to get there by about 7???

Every cruise in I've ever been to STARTS at 8 or 9 and is over at midnight or 1. I guess I have to admit I'm old and stop hanging out with the teens and 20 somethings and hang out with people my own age. Adding cruise ins to my calendar however.

Maybe I'll see you all tonight, otherwise, see you next week!

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?