Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 06-03-2011, 07:31 PM   #5825
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC-Camaro View Post
Wave or stop and say hi when you go by Grove City. I will in the garage waxing my truck tomorrow. I'm only a mile from 71.

I should be heading though there about 7:30. Trying to hit mansfield by 9.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:52 PM   #5826
photonfury
I wanna go fast!!!!

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarliestMemory View Post
Well, poo. Guess I missed you! Although it was closer to six by the time I got there. Maybe in a couple weeks! (BBOMG next weekend)
You drove around us twice. I even had a spot you coulda squeezed into. Oh well maybe next time.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #5827
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
I got there about 4:45 and the kids got antsy to leave by 5:30.

So we went to see the new Pirates movie.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #5828
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Ok so I washed, clay barred, and waxed my car tonight. I am extremely pissed and am thinking about filing a lemon law claim on GM. My car only has 8,000 miles on it and there are not one but 2 Chips in my paint from rocks. This is bs! I paid 34G for this car and I expect a 100G paint job with chip proof paint that is capable of removing bug guts on it's own.

Seriously though, Turtle Wax Ice is the easiest wax to apply and wipe off I have ever seen. I am actually surprised at how deep blue and how much metallic u can see in the IBM. Now I realize how dirty my car really was.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:19 AM   #5829
131 SS
Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2012 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
This is bs! I paid 34G for this car and I expect a 100G paint job with chip proof paint that is capable of removing bug guts on it's own.
Talk like that would start a riot in other threads.

Mike
Old 06-04-2011, 06:40 AM   #5830
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
I waxed mine yesterday too... wish I only had 2 chips! not visible from 5 feet, but I know they are there now! I use all Adam's and they are super easy on and of also!
Old 06-04-2011, 06:52 AM   #5831
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
no chips in mine yet, a little over 10K miles.

of course, tough to crack that body armour on it.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #5832
gahammerle

I probably have over 2 dozen chips in mine. Plus, a few days ago, the car in front of me ran over a piece of tire tread and it bounced off the front of my car and left a few gouges in the plastic. :(

On a positive note, I clayed mine last week, and it was amazing to see it remove the little grains of dirt that were embedded in the paint. I was skeptical of clay at first, but after seeing that, I'm a believer.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
Old 06-04-2011, 09:21 AM   #5833
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
I got there about 4:45 and the kids got antsy to leave by 5:30.

So we went to see the new Pirates movie.
Hope everyone enjoyed the show!

Quote:
My car only has 8,000 miles on it and there are not one but 2 Chips in my paint from rocks. This is bs! I paid 34G for this car and I expect a 100G paint job with chip proof paint that is capable of removing bug guts on it's own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
I probably have over 2 dozen chips in mine.
Yeah, me too. That's the bad part about waxing them - you're painfully aware of every rock chip! But I guess that's what we get for driving them every day~ but I'm enjoying it too much not to.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:59 PM   #5834
gahammerle

Quote:
Hope everyone enjoyed the show!
Yes, it was a funny movie. The kids enjoyed it.

Quote:
Yeah, me too. That's the bad part about waxing them - you're painfully aware of every rock chip! But I guess that's what we get for driving them every day~ but I'm enjoying it too much not to.
Yep, it is great to drive every day. I'll take the rock chips over door dings any day and so far, I haven't had any dings - and I'm not too selective about where I park.

Find me on Facebook:
Old 06-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #5835
RS_Man

Drives: '13 Sonic RS 1.4T M6
Quote:
Ok so I washed, clay barred, and waxed my car tonight. I am extremely pissed and am thinking about filing a lemon law claim on GM. My car only has 8,000 miles on it and there are not one but 2 Chips in my paint from rocks. This is bs! I paid 34G for this car and I expect a 100G paint job with chip proof paint that is capable of removing bug guts on it's own.

Seriously though, Turtle Wax Ice is the easiest wax to apply and wipe off I have ever seen. I am actually surprised at how deep blue and how much metallic u can see in the IBM. Now I realize how dirty my car really was.
You should see Merlin after a fresh coat of Zaino, the metallic is so intense and you even get a slight purple hue when the sun hits the car just right. And zaino is very easy and worth the little bit of extra $$. The IBM is really the most under-appreciated color because pictures do it injustice. You have to see the paint under sunlight to really see it.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:36 PM   #5836
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
just got back from the Camaro vs Mustang car show...was fun...on the down side, I got sunburnt...crispy fried Nathan...on the plus side, I spent $5 on Chinese raffle tickets & dropped 3 into the "dyno day" bucket...a dyno day equals 3 pulls plus air & fuel included...the place is in Ashtabula (about 45 min from me)...they pulled all 3 of my tickets...so I now have 3 free dyno days...lol...looks like 1 after I get a Vararam intake, one after I get a Trifecta tune & who knows what with the third...& they're good until the end of June 2012...also here is a link to pics from the show...it's a public album, so the non Facebook users can still view it

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8&l=0679039025
Old 06-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #5837
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryman77 View Post
just got back from the Camaro vs Mustang car show...was fun...on the down side, I got sunburnt...crispy fried Nathan...on the plus side, I spent $5 on Chinese raffle tickets & dropped 3 into the "dyno day" bucket...a dyno day equals 3 pulls plus air & fuel included...the place is in Ashtabula (about 45 min from me)...they pulled all 3 of my tickets...so I now have 3 free dyno days...lol...looks like 1 after I get a Vararam intake, one after I get a Trifecta tune & who knows what with the third...& they're good until the end of June 2012...also here is a link to pics from the show...it's a public album, so the non Facebook users can still view it

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8&l=0679039025
Thanks for the pics. Nice to see some other generations there. I was thinking hard about going but decided to go shooting instead.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:42 PM   #5838
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
it was a good time & for a good cause...they raised $1863 for Aluminum Cans for Burned Children & that doesn't include the 20% from the restaraunt sales

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?